Pud Whacker: "Madonna is cultural..."

acko

I gotta say watching everyone & their mama flop these days, & the extremely reduced shelf life

of pop music....really puts things in perspective. Even when she does nothing, she is still The Madonna...I remember when I was a teen after her wilderness years she went 2 Argentina 2 do Evita,

there was a story about her in the papers EVERY FUCKING DAY.

I love how Pippo Baudo salutes her at the end :inlove:

Okay there's really no point to this thread, other than:

MADONNA!!!!!!!

:inlove:

every interview and hosts she gave on italian tv were events, and the audience reached record levels every time

yeah. and when she got her first child it was like she was the only pregnant woman in the world. and this was during the "less successful" years.

sometimes even interviewers got interviewed about interviewing madonna. :lmao:

Guest Rachelle of London

I remember when she gave birth to Lola probably one of my earliest memories they had a news flash on channel 4 during another program to state that Madonna bad given birth to a girl in LA!

That Vanity Fair mag with Lola was the must have mag at that time. Everyone wanted to see Madonna as a mother.

I remember when Madonna gave birth. It was on the front page of every paper. It was treated as if it was literally the "Madonna" giving birth to the chosen one. :lol:

Also when it comes to interviewers being interviewed about Madonna, it reminds me of Tom Hanks saying he got tired of being asked the same question when he was promoting A League of Their Own, which was, "What was it like to work with Madonna?"

No female in music will ever match the level of fame she has had. Ever. She just naturally has that "IT" factor that has kept us all interested for over 3 decades. Whether you love her or hate her, most people are still compelled to tune into her. I mean this is a woman has who bared everything about herself (literally and figuratively) over and over again, and yet she still remains this other worldy enigma that we cant know enough about. I mean to this day interviewers ask her, "So tell me what its REALLY like in a day of being Madonna."

You think at this point we would know, but nope. We want to know more, more, more, because as a human being alone she is a fascinating "character" study that still amazes us. Add that to the fact that she is one of the most hard working driven people on the planet with a desire to constantly want to evolve and create art/music and is in no way prone to self destructing, and constantly keeps a level head. Mix that together, and you have a combination that creates the best pop star that ever lived.

Like Rosie said, you can be at a party filled with famous people, and its a who's who of Hollywood, but when Madonna walks in everyone goes, "That's Madonna."

She still has that power to this day. Just look at when she was at the Billboard awards. Everyone they interviewed was giddy as hell that she was there and wanted to meet her. It was as if God has descended from his throne for the day to mingle with the common folk. :lol:

Guest bluejean

Elvis, The Beatles, Michael Jackson and Madonna. The 4 greats of pop and rock. There are no others. Noone else comes close. The Mariah's, the Britney's and whoever whoever are just nothing in comparison.

It's strange that people want to undermine her success but she really is a living legend. When she dies they will worship her.

Madonna is one pop culture woman. In fact if it wasn't for her it would be no pop culture.

She shaped the medium musically and visionally.. She's often imitated but never duplicated..A legend who doesn't show any signs of slowing it down.We have seen so many coming and going but Madonna is always here..

I am so excited to see what she's got in store for us next and this is after over 30 years into her career.. No one and i repeat no one has ever managed that!

I gotta say watching everyone & their mama flop these days, & the extremely reduced shelf life of pop music....really puts things in perspective. Even when she does nothing, she is still The Madonna...I remember when I was a teen after her wilderness years she went 2 Argentina 2 do Evita, there was a story about her in the papers EVERY FUCKING DAY.

I love how Pippo Baudo salutes her at the end :inlove:

Okay there's really no point to this thread, other than:

MADONNA!!!!!!!

:clap::clap::clap:

Madonna crying over her Erotica/SEX book backlash in a Cinecittà TV studio in 1992 [sarcasm/]

P.S. notice the reception

Other US artists have always had it too easy but Madonna never took the easy route and most of all she never had her own Tommy Mottolas, she came from clubland, not TV or a marriage. She's the only American act who has been brave and ventured into so many TV studios of non-English speaking countries. Others always played very safe and as soon as the press stopped kissing their asses had major meltdowns, eating disorders etc etc. Madonna never depended on the numbers or the media to kiss her ass for people to still be interested in her, that's why every stupidest thing she does it still makes news, regardless and people keep flocking to see her live or read about her.

The way she held her own in that 1992 Pippo Baudo clip with that annoying pompous journalist who kept teasing her is awesome, others would have probably collapsed in a sobbing crisis on live TV.

yeah. and when she got her first child it was like she was the only pregnant woman in the world. and this was during the "less successful" years.

sometimes even interviewers got interviewed about interviewing madonna. :lmao:

:rotfl::rotfl: