Appreciate sickDonna the trooper

acko

Queen

I am in complete awe just looking at her body and the suppleness and glow of her skin. 7 consecutive months on the road with the longest break consisting of a mere 7 full days is unheard of for a touring act in their mid 50s. She's truly phenomenal

She did turn into a complete bitch by the end of the tour tho bless her.

Remember the smoking incident?

The smoking incident? :lol:

She had the flu, she asked people standing in front of the triangle and within it not to smoke because it makes it even more difficult for her to breathe, sing and move her body all at the same time. That person she was addressing just kept on doing it regardless of the fact that she had just asked them not to while she was standing a few inches away from them. Enough to warrant what she said to them afterwards.

She's 55 and touring for 7 consecutive months, her work ethic, level of commitment and stamina on MDNA and on any other occasion is commendable and 360°. I can totally understand if she felt sick during the last 2 weeks of a 7-month period with hardly any real break planned in sight. Plus wearing very little in open-air venues while it's raining is not going to help you but it was part of the show and she just rolled with it like a pro for virtually all the 88 shows.

There are acts, male or female, half her age that would cancel and did cancel at the drop of a hat. The "incident" was hardly being a bitch on her part if you ask anyone with some basic common sense. And anyone who has been at a Madonna show at least once since DWT might have noticed that there is always a pre-taped message urging the audience not to smoke (cigarettes or pot) particularly in the proximity of the stage.

And that from a woman who has air conditioning turned off in indoor venues during summer and with 15-20k strong crowds

MDNA_TOUR_Soundcheck_Santiago_de_Chile_2

She even rehearses when it's raining for god's sakes :rotfl:

When after having done the show for 80 times already, she hardly needed it

Least of all when it's open air and raining

No she is definitely not a bitch, she just demands what it's fair

A true professional, that's what she is

What a Pro. She just soldiered on . I saw her in Abu Dhabi where it was almost 48 C and she just soldiered on.

She did point at someone in the golden triangle and said " If you think it's hot down there you should come up here ." Then she winked .

Amazing Super Trooper Woman .

I wasn't criticising her at all, I'm well aware of the background of the 'incident.' My personal opinion is that the person in question didn't have good English if any which is definately a very real possibility. She was in a foreign country after all.

I call her a bitch as a term of endearment. Everyone here knows I'm a big fan.

showing up with her arm in a sling! a true professional.

She wasn't going to let a sling get in the way of a 4 million pound paycheck. :sassy:

Guest Pud Whacker

She wasn't going to let a sling get in the way of a 4 million pound paycheck. :sassy:

she makes that every six hours in royalties!! :rotfl:

i believe the commercial didn't include the abba sample and i remember hearing hung up for the first time then and already finding it AMAZING.

ah anyway :p

That was such a fun era to watch from beginning to end. From all the tick ticks that were teased at us, the chorus clips, the instrumental clips, the ringtones, and eventually the SDP dub that was previewed before the single was released, wild!!!

I don't know how she does it. If I have a headache I am like, "THATS IT! I AM CALLING OUT OF WORK! FUCK THE WORLD! NO ONE BOTHER ME! BYE!" :lol:

What city was this XXL? i was looking for the video the other night. xo

I think it was Santiago before the final Cordoba date :D

She had the flu

She's amazing :inlove:

y65.gif

Oh God. She is really sick here. She is amazing. Just look at her. It is very easy to make fun of her, but I have so much respect for her just looking at this GIF.