New studio album: updates, rumours and discussion [new thread]

Though it was serviced to clubs, and it reached #1 on the dance charts...

Don't know why they couldn't see it as a sign of good faith. It could have even been put on GHv2 and promoted as a new single for the project. Oh well.

Any new album news? Hmm?

I heard Impressive Instant played a few times on KTU out of NYC back in the day.

They also spun Beat Goes On for a bit also during the Hard Candy era.

Two singles that should have been, but sadly never were.

I heard Impressive Instant played a few times on KTU out of NYC back in the day.

They also spun Beat Goes On for a bit also during the Hard Candy era.

Two singles that should have been, but sadly never were.

Yeah I remember both of those being played. KTU loves Madonna.

^ I remember hearing BGO quite a bit. I didn't listen to the radio much in 2001, but it's very cool that they played II. They only play her old stuff now, and not as often as they used to. BGO was the last "new" M song I've heard. They might have played GMAYL during the CC promo.

There was an online vote for the next single and II won but Amazing was issued as a promo cd in a few countries. Supposedly, madonna was angry so dropped the song from the live show so they couldn't use it as a video as she, and the fans wanted impressive instant. This was also supposedly why she wasn't very enthusiastic about the GHV2 project.

I've heard that urban legend that M dropped "Amazing" so WB couldn't use the footage for a video, but it sounds totally made up. I doubt she would ever do that, and I don't think that's why she wasn't enthusiastic about GHV2. She said in an interview that she had just finished the tour and was exhausted.

I think the simplest answer is probably the real one: They couldn't agree on which one to release and Madonna was more focused on the tour.

Amazing was aired on Italian radio in August 2001

Loved that

They also aired the spanish version of WIFLFAG a lot in the spring

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway.....new album......is going to be fantastic, I can feel it!!!! Madonna seems focused, proud, bitchy, inspired. No way there is going to be another 'Superstar'-sized desaster on the album.

Guest bluejean

you can't see it. you have to read it.

rolling stone magazine 2009

I think she's said that more than once. From what I remember she wanted Candy Shop instead of 4 Minutes. And it was Warner who pushed her to release Frozen. I assume she wanted Ray of Light as the first single.

^ I remember her saying that "Frozen" was the first single because it best represented the style/tone of the album? Or maybe I'm thinking of "Secret"?

Either way, I think some of you are over-simplifying this issue. It's unlikely that it's so black and white. If Madonna was set on a particular song as the lead single, you can rest assured that it would be. My guess is that most of the time her preferences aren't that strong, as was probably the case with "Candy Shop" and even "Impressive Instant." She probably loves many songs and relies on the input of others to make a decision. Which is totally normal and doesn't mean she's in any less control. I think some of us have this idea that she's sitting in her apartment alone plotting her every move when in fact she, like any artist, is just being creative and collaborating with a team of people she trusts to make her decisions.

^I agree, what record company would ever choose Bedtime Story as a single.

I think that one was decided cuz she had such strong ideas 4 a video, & Mark Romanek

told her he wanted 2 do a video 4 it, before the album was even released.

Plus with her LN deal, I doubt Interscope is as involved as WBR was back in the day.

Guest Rachelle of London

^ I remember her saying that "Frozen" was the first single because it best represented the style/tone of the album? Or maybe I'm thinking of "Secret"?

Either way, I think some of you are over-simplifying this issue. It's unlikely that it's so black and white. If Madonna was set on a particular song as the lead single, you can rest assured that it would be. My guess is that most of the time her preferences aren't that strong, as was probably the case with "Candy Shop" and even "Impressive Instant." She probably loves many songs and relies on the input of others to make a decision. Which is totally normal and doesn't mean she's in any less control. I think some of us have this idea that she's sitting in her apartment alone plotting her every move when in fact she, like any artist, is just being creative and collaborating with a team of people she trusts to make her decisions.

:clap:

Reading all of this made me wanna go back and put Candy Shop and Impressive Instant on replay :)

If there are going to be any leaks or demos or samples, I wont be listening to any. I remember Confessions On A Dance Floor came out. I bought the CD and took it on a plane flying to WA state. I listened to the album in the air, every song for the very first time. It was the most amazing experience I ever had listening to new music. I have a good feeling about this new album "Rebel Heart" or whatever the name's going to be. I'm going to listen to it fresh and unspoiled. Basically the only news I'm looking forward to is the theme, album cover, date of release, and may be some lyrics of the first single.

Edited by Katypatra

Guest Not4Pussies

Artforfreedom is a 12 month project. Which means it will end in sep. can we expect a new album or single by then?

MDNA was pretty much kept on lockdown up until the last week before it got released. It leaked from an AOL Radio rip (it had Skype noises) and then shortly after the cd quality leaked because the shipments were being sent to stores

If there are going to be any leaks or demos or samples, I wont be listening to any. I remember Confessions On A Dance Floor came out. I bought the CD and took it on a plane flying to WA state. I listened to the album in the air, every song for the very first time. It was the most amazing experience I ever had listening to new music. I have a good feeling about this new album "Rebel Heart" or whatever the name's going to be. I'm going to listen to it fresh and unspoiled. Basically the only news I'm looking forward to is the theme, album cover, date of release, and may be some lyrics of the first single.

That's awesome. My first experience was a friend sending me each MP3 through Microsoft Messenger. Though the quality was good and the moment was exciting, I didn't connect with the material. Unlike you, I wasn't really listening to that masterpiece the way it was supposed to be heard: full attention, full quality, meditating almost.

I may try to not listen to any "previews" next time. Switch it up a little bit.

Yeah,this time I think I'm gonna resist any leaks or "previews" of the tracks.I wanna be surprised when I listen to the album the very first time.

Guest Not4Pussies

Yeah,this time I think I'm gonna resist any leaks or "previews" of the tracks.I wanna be surprised when I listen to the album the very first time.

Me too. Leaks are life ruiners

That's a great story! I remember listening to Hard Candy the first time without being spoiled back then. I even had to wait a day so that it was just me and the music. Well..... I rather had the opposite experience haha. It left me deeply disappointed.

I had it both ways and I wouldn't say leaks ruin your life. If the material is generic, bland or shit nothing can save it.

I hate the "snippet" moment. When only part of the song leaks. I don't like listening to a medley or some little parts, because sometimes you think one song will be this way, and then it's the other.

It happened with American LIfe. The chorus leaked, and her voice and the melody are so pretty there... then the rest of the song leaked and my mind was more into a melodic song, so i was a bit shocked.

With Hung Up, two instrumental snippets leaked, and they were speeded up, and i thought it was a Ibiza Mix track.

I'll listen to anything as do on as it leaks! I admire those who don't but I will listen to any snippet going!

Me too. I wish I could wait but I can't. If anything leaks, I'm the first one freaking out for a listen! I can't take waiting at all but it doesn't ruin it for me.

Will the first single be slow, uptempo, midtempo? A short 3-minute radio-jam or a 5+ minutes epic?

Whaddaya think?

I'd like midtempo and short! That way you could have something for the radio and then do longer more intense club remixes of it. A midtempo song is more flexible. And it's been awhile since she's had a great midtempo song. It would be different and fresh. People tend to associate Madonna with either dance tracks or ballads so a midtempo jam would be something fresh and different.

I'm hoping her first single with Avicci will be mid tempo with lyrics with a universal message. A strong melody and I hope she uses her ROL vocals. An infectious usual Avicci instrumental with strings and horns would top it off. I'm ready.