New album updates - "So many great songs, can't wait." (Madonna)

Guest gang bang
According to Polish radio station Eska, a new Madonna single will be released in summer, produced by Avicii.

Madonna will work with Fred Ball. He worked with KT Tunstall, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, JLS, M.I.A., Daley, Bernhoft, Kylie , Brett Anderson and Little Mix.

Jean Baptiste (songwriter of GB, I'm A Sinner and LS) will also work with Madonna. He posted a pic of himself and David Guetta on Facebook.

According to Polish radio station Eska, a new Madonna single will be released in summer, produced by Avicii.

Madonna will work with Fred Ball. He worked with KT Tunstall, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, JLS, M.I.A., Daley, Bernhoft, Kylie , Brett Anderson and Little Mix.

Jean Baptiste (songwriter of GB, I'm A Sinner and LS) will also work with Madonna. He posted a pic of himself and David Guetta on Facebook.

excited-baby.gif

I really hope the album artwork, theme,concept is tight and concrete. That it all makes sense and she sticks with It. All her her albums up to Confessions have done that. The HC boxing theme was dropped and misused. And the good girl gone wild, faster kill pussycat theme she had going on for mdna was perfect, but where Is all of that in the album artwork? It made no sense.

I agree.I want Madonna to develop a very strong theme/concept/look for this album and I want her to follow through with it.You are correct,COADF was the last time she did this.

I always said this and i will say it again. The Superbowl ruined MDNA.

That's why she chose a song like that for a single...and it was a waste!

Let's hope the next first single is better then the last one!

I want another Hung Up type of hit! :D

I think GMAYL was a perfect song for the Super Bowl,but it should have been marketed/promoted as a "buzz single" ,created strictly for that event.She should have quickly followed it up with a strong,official first single ("I'm Addicted").Hopefully,this time around,the right singles will be chosen.

Right now on tv there is a show case of Thomas Azier, first time i hear about him, he's really talented ! Some of you know him ?

Yes, I'm loving his debut album!

MDOLLA was such a missed opportunity. I think that once the original album title was scrapped they didn't really know what to do.

Yeah,I wish that she had followed through with the MDolla theme...that could have been really interesting and fun.

I think GMAYL was a perfect song for the Super Bowl,but it should have been marketed/promoted as a "buzz single" ,created strictly for that event.She should have quickly followed it up with a strong,official first single ("I'm Addicted").Hopefully,this time around,the right singles will be chosen.

Totally agree. I'm addicted would have been a perfect second single with the MDNA chant and everything.

She could be very adventurous with her single releases, because let's face it she's not gonna get radio play. Also videos could be filmed and then used for backdrops on the tour, we all know how frugaldonna is with her cash

I love the excitement of seeing for the first time, before the album release, the new image of Madonna revealed thru magazine covers! I remember the thrill when i saw Mdolla for HC (Dazed & Confused), Italian earth mother for ROL (Vanity Fair), country girl for M (The Face) etc. :)

She could be very adventurous with her single releases, because let's face it she's not gonna get radio play. Also videos could be filmed and then used for backdrops on the tour, we all know how frugaldonna is with her cash

The first single will be very commercial though.

Guest Xanthium

MDOLLA was such a missed opportunity. I think that once the original album title was scrapped they didn't really know what to do.

I think Hard Candy was a great album. The only thing I wished was expanded upon was the whole boxing imagery. That was really great. We got that one Interview photo shoot and the DAD tour interlude in the boxing ring but I would've love a boxing concept throughout the entire era. A sexy boxer is the epitome of hard candy.

I think Hard Candy was a great album. The only thing I wished was expanded upon was the whole boxing imagery. That was really great. We got that one Interview photo shoot and the DAD tour interlude in the boxing ring but I would've love a boxing concept throughout the entire era. A sexy boxer is the epitome of hard candy.

I much preferred the sort pre Hard Candy look, the shoulder length silver blonde hair, the racoon eyes, the slight manic expression, all the satin dresses and shirts. Sort of 60s inspired madam, but all very current. Very creamy smooth.

But, very few of her albums actually have this cohesive imagery we're lusting after. Like A Prayer couldn't decide if it wanted to be earthy-80s or old hollywood glamour, Bedtime Stories had the four most diverse videos she's ever released in sequence, American Life was cancelled and replaced with Esther and Childrensbookdonna. Ray Of Light was hardly all the same package, though there are recurring themes.

The real exceptions are MADONNA-Like a Virgin, because she had such a strong personal style then and Erotica which was tied together with SEX. We can wax lyrical about Confessions - as amazing as the Hung Up leotard is, and how great it then looked on tour, the look got stale after one and a half videos.

That's not to say I don't long for more cohesion though... it's just not something that has actually been that true to her career. I think with someone as famous as Madonna it's easy to fall into commonly held ideas about her. What she was able to do that she hasn't done so much recently is create instantly iconic looks and imagery. It is more to do with wearing a look out, in magazine shoots, at premieres, interviews, on tour and in videos.

I much preferred the sort pre Hard Candy look, the shoulder length silver blonde hair, the racoon eyes, the slight manic expression, all the satin dresses and shirts. Sort of 60s inspired madam, but all very current. Very creamy smooth.

Pre hard candy look? I don't recall.

Pre hard candy look? I don't recall.

She went to a few film festivals like it, there was the Elle shoot and a radio 1? interview where she kind of kept it up after the release

madonna-rocknrolla-premiere-06.jpg

madonna.jpg

512008-Madonna.jpg

Madonna-ELLE-Magazine-madonna-2900542-21

these all seem to be of the same ilk to me... I just wish she'd pushed it further.

The first single will be very commercial though.

I just wish she would say "Fuck it" and do something more daring as the first single. Ironically, I think she'd have the best success chart-wise if she did that. Now I'm not saying she shouldn't have given radio a shot with MDNA, but moving forward I think she should be thinking of iTunes and YouTube. Imagine something as weird/different/bold as "Gang Bang" with a video directed by Tarantino as the lead single. It would generate crazy media coverage, which would translate into sales and YouTube views, which COULD translate to radio play. But even if it didn't, she'd be back to doing what she does best - creating conversation/controversy, and fuck mass acceptance. Reclaim your REAL throne, which is ultimately NOT the female artist with the most Top 10 hits in the U.S., or the female artist with the second most #1's, but a trailblazer, a feminist, a button-pusher, and politician.

Guest Not4Pussies

Frozen, American Life and even Music were not your typical safe first singles. She took a chance.

Would be nice to see that again from her. Choosing Oh Father, Bad Girl, Bedtime Story, Human Nature, Drowned World as singles was not playing it safe.

Anyone else hoping that M taps Mark "Spike" Stent again for mixing? Or do we think that it's going to be all about Demo again? I'm not complaining about HC or MDNA -- I'm quite fond of them -- it's more of a sentimental feeling I have for Spike Stent for some reason. I know he mixed No Doubt's last record (Push and Shove) but not sure what else he's been up to. Anyone know why she didn't go back to him? Maybe it just had to do with who she was recording with (Timbaland and Timberlake) and she just got connected with Demo (Nelly Furtado's husband) from there...

Wasn't the original idea for hard candy Black Madonna, or was that for MDNA?

Anyone else hoping that M taps Mark "Spike" Stent again for mixing? Or do we think that it's going to be all about Demo again? I'm not complaining about HC or MDNA -- I'm quite fond of them -- it's more of a sentimental feeling I have for Spike Stent for some reason. I know he mixed No Doubt's last record (Push and Shove) but not sure what else he's been up to. Anyone know why she didn't go back to him? Maybe it just had to do with who she was recording with (Timbaland and Timberlake) and she just got connected with Demo (Nelly Furtado's husband) from there...

I hope she gets Spike Stent or maybe Avicii has a preferred mixing/mastering person.

Demo's production skills are good ( I love I'm addicted and GB) but he sucks at mixing, imo

I noticed it immediately on the HC album, especially on Voices and DWRY, the JT/Tim productions mixed by Demo vs. The

Neptunes/Pharrell tracks by Spike are vastly different. There's depth and range w/ Spike Stent, and a wall of sound from Demo.

Spike, i think, gets Madonna's 'sound' each element of a track sounds individual and like birds flying in V-formation, while Demo's tracks sound like a bunch of race cars trying to place 1st.

BUT, I liked Marius DeVries' work as well... I'm sure M is watching the $$$ though. I have no idea how much any of that costs though.

Yes, I miss Spike. He had a great intuition about what sounds to accentuate in the mixing. Demo is fine, but Spike was the pinnacle (IMO).

Wasn't the original idea for hard candy Black Madonna, or was that for MDNA?

Yeah, Black Madonna was for Hard Candy. Thank god Guy talked her out of it.

I dont think Madonna ever considered HC being called Mdolla. First it was Black Madonna (I dont see why everyone is so offended by this, I simply think it aint very imaginative or creative, although I like the photoshoot idea) than it was Give It To Me (the photoshoot that made it on the cover was done at the time the album was called Give It To Me) than Hard Candy. Mdolla was simply a nickname given by Pharrel that does appear on tracks on HC. Calling HC Mdolla could ve been interesting but then again maybe MDNA wouldnt have been MDNA: they sound almost like the same album.