New album updates - "So many great songs, can't wait." (Madonna)

Not to be a negative nelly by any stretch of the imagination, but I've read a lot of people thrilled because Madonna seems excited about the material, that's great and all but this is the first time she's been in a recording process as a participant in social media. I'm sure had she been connected during Hard Candy and MDNA (albums I love, btw) she would have seemed just as "excited" about her music. As always, I am taking a "judge the material, not the hype" approach.

Oh, and again, some queens are getting their knickers in a twist over no reason. The drama continues. Oh no! How could she work with people who wrote songs with One Direction. Boo fucking hoo! Once again, she'll do whatever the fuck she wants - this is Madonna; and second, get your facts straight. Shep Pettibone? Well he worked with Janet Jackson, Taylor Dayne and Cathy fucking Dennis. William Orbit? Well he wrote songs for All fucking Saints. Patrick Leonard? He's the cheese-fest king - just look up a list of artists he's worked with. Stuart Price? Again - look his collaborators up.

Calm the fuck down and don't start getting into big drama queen moments when you haven't even heard a single note yet. A list of someone's previous collaborators means nothing and will have no impact (positive or negative) on their future work with Madonna (that is not even released yet.)

If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen (i.e. do not post in this thread) and please don't fucking piss on our parade if we want to be positive.

Suede...I respect your opinions, but seriously.

Oh, and again, some queens are getting their knickers in a twist over no reason. The drama continues. Oh no! How could she work with people who wrote songs with One Direction. Boo fucking hoo! Once again, she'll do whatever the fuck she wants - this is Madonna; and second, get your facts straight. Shep Pettibone? Well he worked with Janet Jackson, Taylor Dayne and Cathy fucking Dennis. William Orbit? Well he wrote songs for All fucking Saints. Patrick Leonard? He's the cheese-fest king - just look up a list of artists he's worked with. Stuart Price? Again - look his collaborators up.

Calm the fuck down and don't start getting into big drama queen moments when you haven't even heard a single note yet. A list of someone's previous collaborators means nothing and will have no impact (positive or negative) on their future work with Madonna (that is not even released yet.)

If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen (i.e. do not post in this thread) and please don't fucking piss on our parade if we want to be positive.

10101_TasiaPreach.gif

I'm in Dusseldorf and went to a restaurant and they played I'll Remember, hadn't heard it in ages, made me miss when Madonna was not against having backing vocalists singing harmonies in the background of her song. I can't remember if it was on Ray of Light or Music that William Orbit or Mirwais mentioned how he wanted background vocals in certain songs and Madonna went against them.

First off, your examples make no sense, since those producers worked with those artists after working with Madonna. Second, I think looking at someone's past discography to see what their work is like is totally fair game.

If people aren't allowed to have a negative response to the rumors, then we shouldn't be allowed to have a positive response either. In fact, let's just have radio silence until the album is out. Shut the board down. Everyone turn in your fan cards.

First off, your examples make no sense, since those producers worked with those artists after working with Madonna. Second, I think looking at someone's past discography to see what their work is like is totally fair game.

If people aren't allowed to have a negative response to the rumors, then we shouldn't be allowed to have a positive response either. In fact, let's just have radio silence until the album is out. Shut the board down. Everyone turn in your fan cards.

Starting with you.

I'm in Dusseldorf and went to a restaurant and they played I'll Remember, hadn't heard it in ages, made me miss when Madonna was not against having backing vocalists singing harmonies in the background of her song. I can't remember if it was on Ray of Light or Music that William Orbit or Mirwais mentioned how he wanted background vocals in certain songs and Madonna went against them.

I'm not that big on prominent backing vocals. I don't mind them if they blend in well with the lead vocals like Donna De Leroy used to do because her voice was so similiar to Madonna's. But I find it distracting if you have heavy backing vocals of people who sound very different than the lead singer. A lot of times you have these screamy kind of gospel like backing vocals in songs. Some artists whose voices have detoriated over the years use strong backing vocals to cover that up and I find it annoying. I'm buying the album to hear the artist sing because I love their voice. I don't want backing vocalists to take over the song.

I agree, i thought the same while listening to "Till death do us part".

Guest Xanthium

Rebel Heart sounds like a perfect Madonna album title. Would LOVE a Viking section on her next tour. I'm not thrilled about Avicii but I'm keeping an open mind. I hope she gets more Swedish writers and producers on board. I would literally cream my shorts if Max Martin executive produced the whole album. That man is a pop genius.

I don't think she chose them because they're Swedish. She liked Avicii and because he's from Sweden he naturally knows and works with other Swedish musicians and writers.

I'm also having a very good vibe about this new album. I don't really know how to explain it but it all seems to be fresh and inspiring. I have a gut feeling that artforfreedom revolution, her passion of late, is going to be a huge part of this album. I also have a feeling that she is going to mix it up with a different sound that she wants to deliver along with her Evita vocals. I'm praying for an introspective, melodic, and surprise sounds that we have never heard before. An album, upon the first listen, we know that it will be an instant classic. I feel it in my soul that this will be her signature freedom album.

Guest Borderline

I don't think she chose them because they're Swedish. She liked Avicii and because he's from Sweden he naturally knows and works with other Swedish musicians and writers.

:manson: thanks for stating the obvious. I'm not sure if I would've been able to get through my day without such clarification.

I'm also having a very good vibe about this new album. I don't really know how to explain it but it all seems to be fresh and inspiring. I have a gut feeling that artforfreedom revolution, her passion of late, is going to be a huge part of this album. I also have a feeling that she is going to mix it up with a different sound that she wants to deliver along with her Evita vocals. I'm praying for an introspective, melodic, and surprise sounds that we have never heard before. An album, upon the first listen, we know that it will be an instant classic. I feel it in my soul that this will be her signature freedom album.

Well there we have it people! I think we can all rest easier now...

If she's going for a Swedish theme... what about a writing session with Robyn?

I just listened to all the Robyn Body Talk tracks the other day ... the album and the tracks from the EPs that didn't make the album cut... Such good stuff. I'd be in favor of a writing collab with her... Has she ever said anything positive/negative about M? I can't recall.

One word -- REBEL -- can be read two ways: as a noun (Madonna is a rebel) or as a verb command (Madonna demands that you rebel). So that's interesting in that regard. Although if it's used in a song, the ambiguity disappears.

That sort of word play doesn't work with "Rebel Heart" -- but the two-word title is interesting, and the 'heart' bit does soften it by infusing the concept of love. It is sort of "Fighting Spirit" though in a way. Of course that was only a bonus track...

If we add a comma (a la Lucky Guy) it can become more of a request than a command: "Rebel, heart" :laugh:

Not to be a negative nelly by any stretch of the imagination, but I've read a lot of people thrilled because Madonna seems excited about the material, that's great and all but this is the first time she's been in a recording process as a participant in social media. I'm sure had she been connected during Hard Candy and MDNA (albums I love, btw) she would have seemed just as "excited" about her music. As always, I am taking a "judge the material, not the hype" approach.

Very true.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yes...I will say it... One Direction actually has quite a few decent songs (most of them NOT the singles).

Starting with you.

:chuckle:

Robyn opened Sticky and Sweet Europe dates (the majority) for Madonna in 2008. I saw her in Montenegro. I think I remember Robyn praised Madonna on more than one occasion.

I just listened to all the Robyn Body Talk tracks the other day ... the album and the tracks from the EPs that didn't make the album cut... Such good stuff. I'd be in favor of a writing collab with her... Has she ever said anything positive/negative about M? I can't recall.

Body Talk is incredible, Robyn is amazing. Madonna and Robyn locked together in a studio would only mean good things.

One word -- REBEL -- can be read two ways: as a noun (Madonna is a rebel) or as a verb command (Madonna demands that you rebel). So that's interesting in that regard. Although if it's used in a song, the ambiguity disappears.

That sort of word play doesn't work with "Rebel Heart" -- but the two-word title is interesting, and the 'heart' bit does soften it by infusing the concept of love. It is sort of "Fighting Spirit" though in a way. Of course that was only a bonus track...

If we add a comma (a la Lucky Guy) it can become more of a request than a command: "Rebel, heart" :laugh:

Or Hard Candy.