When she started Dress You Up in S&S and some youngsters where like WTF?

karbatal

I was at the S&S concert in my city and when Dress You UP started some young fans that have been screaming and calling her "queen" and "i love you" and were in tears, they looked at each other and said "this is a new song!"

I didn't know if i was going to cry or to laugh out loud! Such a beautiful moment, by the way! I never ever ever in my life thought that i would sing along this song with her so near!

Guest Rachelle of London

Dress you up used to be on the barbie videos when I was small! I always think of that when I listen to it lol

I love a guitar driven, tired vocal performance but Borderline worked better:

"Bored-DA-liiiiiine. Feels likam gon' to lose my MHIIIIIIIIIIND!" :wow:

A lot of the changes were nice, not necessary, but nice. Remind me again why Part II should've been filmed in DVD quality? I preferred the booty shorts over the skirt, the middle-part in the opening section, and the original 2008 setlist.

I love a guitar driven, tired vocal performance but Borderline worked better:

"Bored-DA-liiiiiine. Feels likam gon' to lose my MHIIIIIIIIIIND!" :wow:

A lot of the changes were nice, not necessary, but nice. Remind me again why Part II should've been filmed in DVD quality? I preferred the booty shorts over the skirt, the middle-part in the opening section, and the original 2008 setlist.

I agree.

I like Round II... but the only thing I would have added to Round I was that new dance version of Frozen. That was amazing!

The only WTF moment from Leg 2 was excluding Hung Up...i mean, what was that all about?

They could include it...just not the rock version i guess...but not including anything from Confessions was a mistake.

I prefer the 2nd section from the 2nd leg though.

She also looked much healthier, younger, her hair looked better and outfits as well!

Guest bluejean

Well more to the point they could have included the new performances as extras on the Buenos Aires DVD. I'm sure they filmed them.

^I was at that show what a magical night :wow: The floor had a ton of OYH signs and we told Rosie O'Donnell to urge her to sing it. She didn't think she would sing OYH and later looked at us thrilled that she did.

She REALLY needs to stop turning brilliant but twee songs like DYU into rock versions. It doesn't work.

Guest whatatramp

She REALLY needs to stop turning brilliant but twee songs like DYU into rock versions. It doesn't work.

Borderline was AMAZINGGG

so was Hung Up imo especially since she mixed it up with Pantera

• 4 weeks later...

The general public in Europe is not familiar with Dress You Up. Only the fans. Especially in continental Europe. Only in the UK I would say it is known. I remember when she sang it in Austria everyone, even the front rows, were like WTF. She got mad no one knew the lyrics.

Things are different in the US. Pretty much everyone knows it since AC radio stations play the hell out of it. Even young people. There is no way you won't hear 80s Madonna in the US when you go to your dentist, doctor, bank, small local diner etc.

The general public in Europe is not familiar with Dress You Up. Only the fans. Especially in continental Europe. Only in the UK I would say it is known. I remember when she sang it in Austria everyone, even the front rows, were like WTF. She got mad no one knew the lyrics.

That Vienna show was an all around disaster :lol:

Yes, but the thing is that this guy was screaming and calling her "queen" and he didn't even know this single of her. Ugh, i hate those "oh, i'm such a fan" and after all they don't even know her hits.

Guest Rachelle of London

Dress you up is one of her most famous songs isn't it? To the casual listener it's up there with the other 80s anthems