M introduces Pussy Riot at Amnesty International Concert in NYC

BoogieWoogie

Lol..the Daily Fail's article that was first posted was all positive. I guess they didn't get enough page hits, so they turned it into a Madonna bashing article.

That's how some Madonna fans are these days tbh. Praise then bash.

Lol..the Daily Fail's article that was first posted was all positive. I guess they didn't get enough page hits, so they turned it into a Madonna bashing article.

Yeah the Daily Fail definitely does that sometimes. You'll see a positive Madonna article and they'll update it later on turning it into a bashing article. Assholes!

They do that a lot. They even did a positive review of her concert at Hyde park and then a few hours changed it completely based on a negative tweet.

I should not focus on the negative press, but this whole article does prove the point that Madonna fans have with the media and something I have noticed since 1984. The level of hatred towards her by the press is pathetic. I have nothing against Debbie Harry - in fact I like her and love Blondie - but she is being praised non stop while Madonna is being rubbished. That always happens. If another female celebrity is mentioned in the same article as Madonna, she will be applauded and Madonna rubbished. Part of the territory with being a Madonna fan - having to tune out from the bias of the press.

Madonna is way too pretty for all that crap. She looks like she's had a reaction to something. Way too attractive to end up looking like Vicky Gunvalson

You were demanding to abuse a picture of me because I said her face looked awful, what's changed :lmao:

Guest Rachelle of London

You were demanding to abuse a picture of me because I said her face looked awful, what's changed :lmao:

What???? You've got the wrong person mate!

Those Two Pussy Riot Girls? They’re Not Actually in the Band Anymore

Just as the world embraces the pair, the punk rock collective gives them the boot. Awkward!

By Dan KedmeyFeb. 07, 20141 Comment
467075149.jpg?w=360&h=240&crop=1
Neilson Barnard / Getty Images

Madonna introduces Nadezhda Tolokonnikova, and Maria Alyokhina, formerly of Pussy Riot, onstage at the Amnesty International Concert presented by the CBGB Festival at Barclays Center on February 5, 2014 in New York City.

Follow @TIMEWorld

The Russian punk group Pussy Riot is often conflated with its two most famous members, but the other members of the collective have become prominent objectors in their own right. They object to the fame of the first two.

The BBC reports that six members of Pussy Riot have signed an open letter on the collective’s blog publicly severing their relationship with Maria Alyokhina and Nadezhda Tolokonnikova, who were famously jailed for staging an anti-Putin protest outside a Moscow cathedral.

The six Pussy Riot members said that Alyokhina and Tolokonnikova had strayed from the “ideals of our group — feminism, separatist resistance, fight against authoritarianism and personality cult.”

One particular sticking point was the wayward pair’s recent appearance at an Amnesty International benefit concert alongside pop legend Madonna in front of thousands of screaming fans at the Barclays Center — all major departures from the band’s underground ethos.

“Our performances are always ‘illegal,’” the letter stated, “staged only in unpredictable locations and public places not designed for traditional entertainment.”

Still, they parted with some friendly words for their old band members: “the world has acquired two brave, interesting, controversial human rights defenders. Unfortunately, we cannot congratulate them with this in person, because they refuse to have any contact with us.” Well, almost friendly.

[BBC]

Read more: Pussy Riot Fires Nadezhda Tolokonnikova and Maria Alyokhina | TIME.comhttp://world.time.com/2014/02/07/those-two-pussy-riot-girls-theyre-not-actually-in-the-band-anymore/#ixzz2sdB1eRtk

Edited by justinian

That's just plain silly. That's because the left is not united that Putin and other monstrosities from the far right in Europe are so prohiminent all over the continent. Division only gives more power to the ones who are united in hate.

hm well i guess they're "too punk" for amnesty, blondie, and all those "mainstream" rock acts.. going on the news on different tv channels is probably not "punk" enough for them too. but we'll see how far the girls who are left from pussy riot will come with that. the 2 other ones can now talk openly about the problems with putin and russia's government in the press. they're doing a good thing. they can bring attention to it. wasn't that the whole point from the start? why else do the punk prayer? they certainly wanted to be heard.

http://pagesix.com/2014/02/07/madonna-parties-with-pussy-riot/?_ga=1.52608492.572375158.1298830226

Madonna partied with members of the Russian punk band Pussy Riot after introducing them at a Barclays Center Amnesty International concert.

The Material Girl was spotted Wednesday with Maria Alekhina and Nadezhda Tolokonnikova — who were released from prison in December after two years — at Antica Pesa in Williamsburg.

The trio strutted in at around 11 p.m., a spy said, with “Madonna in head-to-toe black, fingerless gloves and a gold-and-diamond grill. She was in deep conversation with the Pussy Riot girls all night. She looked very interested in what they said.”

A male pal translated, and Madge was overheard throwing out a few words in Russian. Could a collaboration be in the works?

There was new Madonna news? Had no idea. Flop Fan.

Outfit was cool, she looked great, and glad she's still wearing the grillz. Hope they become a Madonna staple, like the thigh-high boots.

BfxxM9DIEAAZnYy.jpg

Could've done w/o the white chicks and gang signs pic though..

All in all, M's shaping up to be Fabulous w/ a Capital F as she heads toward 60. She's tacky, genuine, strong, OTT, hyper-glamorous w/ punk influence, bawdy, shameless, Old Las Vegas, in-yo-face, shimmer, glitter, leather, mink, knit cap, lingerie, strumpet, unapologetic cold bitch, dancing queen, workout lunatic, walking cane, grillz.. I could go on... basically everything you'd expect a megastar w/ the name MADONNA to be. She's.. MADONNA.

I'm so grateful she's still around doing her thing and not boring like Cher.

What a horrid picture.

Outfit was cool, she looked great, and glad she's still wearing the grillz. Hope they become a Madonna staple, like the thigh-high boots.

(...)

All in all, M's shaping up to be Fabulous w/ a Capital F as she heads toward 60. She's tacky, genuine, strong, OTT, hyper-glamorous w/ punk influence, bawdy, shameless, Old Las Vegas, in-yo-face, shimmer, glitter, leather, mink, knit cap, lingerie, strumpet, unapologetic cold bitch, dancing queen, workout lunatic, walking cane, grillz.. I could go on... basically everything you'd expect a megastar w/ the name MADONNA to be. She's.. MADONNA.

I'm so grateful she's still around doing her thing and not boring like Cher.

AGREE :kiss2:

14 pages about Madonna's puffy face? Really?

It's been 6 years already, some posters need to let it go

We're all getting older, not younger

She looks great and what an amazing speech :clap:

14 pages about Madonna's puffy face? Really?

It's been 6 years already, some posters need to let it go

We're all getting older, not younger

She looks great and what an amazing speech :clap:

Amen! I was talking to a bitchy friend who is 48, and he was saying how her face is aging and she should retire. I asked him if he should retire from sleeping around now that his ass is starting to sag, and he snarled at me: "That's different! How dare you insult me on my body!"

Madonna looks HOT!

I posted this on facebook last night and some PATHETIC cunts (clearly, monsters) reported to have it removed because of her nipples :bad:

1896885_658551114203692_1317319200_n.jpg

“I wanna dedicate this next song to Putin, and other heads of state around the world, who remind me every day that it was only a couple of hundred years ago that women were burned at the stake for speaking their minds. We’ve come such a long, long way, and now we are just sentenced to jail for speaking our minds. It’s a comforting thought. And it makes me want to do something violent, dangerous. It makes me want to start a revolution.” -Madonna, dedicating “Like A Virgin” to Vladimir Putin during the 2012 MDNA Tour

I posted this on facebook last night and some PATHETIC cunts (clearly, monsters) reported to have it removed because of her nipples :bad:

1896885_658551114203692_1317319200_n.jpg

“I wanna dedicate this next song to Putin, and other heads of state around the world, who remind me every day that it was only a couple of hundred years ago that women were burned at the stake for speaking their minds. We’ve come such a long, long way, and now we are just sentenced to jail for speaking our minds. It’s a comforting thought. And it makes me want to do something violent, dangerous. It makes me want to start a revolution.” -Madonna, dedicating “Like A Virgin” to Vladimir Putin during the 2012 MDNA Tour

Most likely since their idol would never dream of doing anything as daring, they had to focus on M'self nipples to get the pic reported. Vile.

Shame that her message is getting drowned out by her cheeks on here. Come on guys.

I don't see Puff Maddy at this appearance the way some on here do. Her face looks fine to me. I mean she looks gorgeous here..

20140602-pictures-madonna-amnesty-intern

I just think sometimes whoever does her makeup puts pancake batter on her face which makes her look worse sometimes.

That's just plain silly. That's because the left is not united that Putin and other monstrosities from the far right in Europe are so prohiminent all over the continent. Division only gives more power to the ones who are united in hate.

That's bullshit. The far right are doing well because they are the only ones listening to and responding to the concerns of ordinary people. That's how such movements have always gained power. If it happens it will be the fault of the political elites who think they can rule without listening to what people want.

That's bullshit. The far right are doing well because they are the only ones listening to and responding to the concerns of ordinary people. That's how such movements have always gained power. If it happens it will be the fault of the political elites who think they can rule without listening to what people want.

You obviously did not understand what i said OR MAYBE you just wanted to say whatever you wanted to no matter what. So i don't understand why you quoted me. I never spoke about politicians but about militants, even though i kind of agree with what you say here.

But since you started by saying bullshit i feel authorized to say what i think is not only bullshit but a pathology called paranoia : believing in a global conspiracy like the illuminati.

Never mind populism & stupidity & fear fed by the economical downward spiral then. I guess Hitler listened 2 the what the people wanted 2. Listening 2 the people & playing the people r 2 different things.

& For the record, I am the people. :fag:

Guest SecretGarden

Far from it. The far right gain power because they feed propaganda into minds that are already homophobic, anti-Muslim, anti-semitic, ultra conservative and against immigration (which, unfortunately, comprise a large percentage of our world). It's called fear mongering, but instead of overt bigotry, it's racism hidden under left wing blaming - no matter what happens in our world, whether it be economic struggles or employment, the far right find any puny excuse to blame the left; and unfortunately gullible minds start to believe their nonsense. They convince people that being extremely nationalistic is the only way to be - creating an 'us' and 'them' mentality, anyone who is gay, jewish, muslim, black etc are considered the lesser.

That's how they're really gaining support, by exploiting people's bigotry and insecurities, and convincing them that their own inadequacies isn't their own fault, but the fault of the groups aforementioned.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26240794

18 February 2014 Last updated at 10:48 GMT

Pussy Riot band 'arrests in Sochi'

Two members of the protest group Pussy Riot say they have been arrested in the Russian resort of Sochi where the Winter Olympics are being held.

m1mxft4af2s8_std320.jpg

Maria Alyokhina and Nadezhda Tolokonnikova, who were freed from jail in December, said they had been detained in the centre of the town on suspicion of a criminal offence.

They spent two years in prison for a protest song in a Moscow cathedral.

The town of Sochi is some distance from where the Games are taking place.

Never mind populism & stupidity & fear fed by the economical downward spiral then. I guess Hitler listened 2 the what the people wanted 2. Listening 2 the people & playing the people r 2 different things.

& For the record, I am the people. :fag:

thanks

"We have been arrested... and are accused of robbery," Pussy Riot member Nadzehda Tolokonnikova tweeted.

Her bandmate Maria Alyokhina tweeted that she had also been arrested.

Russian journalist Evgeny Feldman says the two women were arrested on suspicion of stealing from a hotel in Sochi.

Tolonnikova's husband, Pyotr Verzilov was quoted by Echo of Moscow radio as saying that the women had initially been detained by an officer of Russian Federal Security Border Service, a successor body to the KGB, and that local police then arrived.

The women were taken for questioning to a local police station but told they would be released.

Seven other people were also detained, including Feldman himself, despite showing officers his journalistic credentials. Radio station Echo of Moscow says this is the second time the women have been detained since arriving in Sochi over the weekend.

The news outfit reports that they were also detained Sunday and Monday.

The Pussy Riot pair were in Sochi to perform a song entitled "Putin Will Teach You to Love the Motherland" and to film a music video, the station reported.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sochi-pussy-riot-members-say-681034