The Guardian: Madonna – ditch the leotard and embrace the ballad

CMoody

Apologies if this has already been posted (I didn't see it):

A surprisingly (generally) positive and constructive article concerning M, her current career and future. It was obviously written by a true fan, not just someone claiming to be as to cushion slamming her. Worth the read:

www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2014/jan/13/madonna-adele-ballads

It's just a blog posting. Regardless of the content, if anything it just proves that anyone can be a "journalist" these days. It reads like any number of posts you'd find on any Madonna forum. It also proves that no matter what the source....never read the comments section.

Hey muse! I have been a busy boy! How have you been? I still swing by from time to time to see the latest but don't post that often. Glad to see someone missed me! lol ;)

Ah, I didn't realize it was a blog post. Still, they made some valid points that we fans often discuss. Better than the usual bs the press generally tosses out at her. And 100% agreed, comments sections are a breeding ground for passive-aggressive ignorance, cynicism, unfounded criticism and plain ol' hatred (in general, not just Madonna-related). :/

No wonder Madonna laughs at anybody who tells her what she "should" do. She's been 30 years in this business and everybody is giving advices and telling her what she should do. When will they understand that Madonna KNOWS better and that she has the right to be wrong sometimes?

It's different of course to give some opinions here in this thread. They are personal and only meant to share with other fans. A public blog is just another thing.

No wonder Madonna laughs at anybody who tells her what she "should" do. She's been 30 years in this business and everybody is giving advices and telling her what she should do. When will they understand that Madonna KNOWS better and that she has the right to be wrong sometimes?

It's different of course to give some opinions here in this thread. They are personal and only meant to share with other fans. A public blog is just another thing.

I agree.

I agree that it's kind of insolent for us mere mortals to be telling a legend with a 30-year career what to do. However, this is the first time Madonna has made two disappointing albums after one another (some people would disagree with that, I know) so it is a bit different now.

...LATER: Madonna will later say in an interview that she wanted to work with Dallas Austin because she just loved the work he did with Joi Cardwell on The Pendulum Vibe. In the same interview, she also said she didn't really want to work with Dave Hall, but her record company made her. She said after she got together with him, she liked him alot....

http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?showtopic=45361

I agree that it's kind of insolent for us mere mortals to be telling a legend with a 30-year career what to do. However, this is the first time Madonna has made two disappointing albums after one another (some people would disagree with that, I know) so it is a bit different no

I love M as much or more as I did years ago, but the last two albums have disappointed a number of fans & MDNA was ignored by the music buying public even though their taste suck.

I always tended to like her least popular albums more than others, so it's all a matter of preference for certain albums & songs since her music is so diverse.

:thumbsup::clap:

I'm all for that. I love it when someone does what they fuckin' want and ignores the critics. If ya don't like, then move on! It doesn't matter what she does, there will be criticism.

She knows what she's doing, obviously, as she's still in the game. Not many can boast that.

Guest Xanthium

I'd like to see Madonna ditch the leotard/cougar image, not because it's inappropriate, but because it's getting played out and it's time for a new image. Give me something new. An ever-evolving Madonna is a Madonna at her best.

Guest bluejean

Maybe she should do one of those cheap covers albums like all those washed up singers do? Madonna singing Walking in Memphis, I Honestly Love You and god knows what else.

Apologies if this has already been posted (I didn't see it):

A surprisingly (generally) positive and constructive article concerning M, her current career and future. It was obviously written by a true fan, not just someone claiming to be as to cushion slamming her. Worth the read:

www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2014/jan/13/madonna-adele-ballads

ageist shit.

The article was clearly written by a fan, and makes some good (if very familiar to anyone who posts here) points. But to evolve in the way he suggests, something will have to happen on a bit of a deeper level imo. Ray of Light came via way of Madonna doing Evita and having her first child, it wasn't just that Madonna and her people decided giving everyone a rest from her nipples was a good marketing ploy. Until and unless that happens, we are in for more of the Madonna we have at the moment. Which will please some and disappoint others.