Boy George: 'Madonna & Kylie are denying who they are'

realityisalways

kylie-madonna.jpg

I’ve never been willing to sacrifice myself for the latest trends. It’s never been my thing. [Madonna and Kylie Minogue] try to cling to their pop crowns at all cost and even go as far as denying who they really are. It’s better to take a break for a few years than denying who you really are, just for fame!

[X]
article-1180468-030E33D3000005DC-727_233

Some people believed he changed. I told you guys so that he's the same old George. Trust me I know how he operates, since I used to be a huge fan of his. He's denying on twitter he said it and says he wants the magazine to release the tape of him saying it. I would laugh a lot if they find the tape to prove he's a liar! I hope that happens!

Some people believed he changed. I told you guys so that he's the same old George. Trust me I know how he operates, since I used to be a huge fan of his. He's denying on twitter he said it and says he wants the magazine to release the tape of him saying it. I would laugh a lot if they find the tape to prove he's a liar! I hope that happens!

I cant find that tweet. Link?

@RomainBurrel If you have me on tape saying 'Madonna & Kylie' in the exact sentence you printed then put it online! Please!

Notice that Madonna and Kylie is written in parenthesis. I believe him.

Yes, but he's said similiar things about them in the past. I suppose there could be some mistranslation because the magazine is a French magazine. He didn't say he didn't criticize them, but that he didn't say Madonna and Kylie in the exact sentence they printed. He said before there are artists that follow trends to keep their pop crown, but he wouldn't name names, but of course everyone knew he was thinking of Madonna. He wrote a song for Kylie awhile back but she rejected it and he's never gotten over that. He's like that. If someone once did something to him a million years ago, he never forgets. Trust me, I know since I used to follow him quite closely.

Yeah I know he's a vile cunt pig because I've met him and I know somebody who worked with him. Still, I believe what he's saying here and it should be common knowledge that gossip magazines are absolutely despicable human beings.

Yeah I know he's a vile cunt pig because I've met him and I know somebody who worked with him. Still, I believe what he's saying here and it should be common knowledge that gossip magazines are absolutely despicable human beings.

The magazine he gave an interview too isn't a gossip magazine. It's a French gay magazine like Out or Attitude in the UK.

The magazine he gave an interview too isn't a gossip magazine. It's a French gay magazine like Out or Attitude in the UK.

You consider gayzines serious journalism? :-/ It's sensationalism for a commercial market.

You consider gayzines serious journalism? :-/ It's sensationalism for a commercial market.

I think most gay magazines have very intelligent well written articles. One of the best interviews Madonna ever did was with Attitude in the UK. I'm not gay but I will read the gay press because they have great profiles of musicians. Obviously, there are local free zines that cover clubs that are kind of crappy, but the big name magazines that you buy are usually pretty good. I don't think they generally make up quotes.

I think most gay magazines have very intelligent well written articles. One of the best interviews Madonna ever did was with Attitude in the UK. I'm not gay but I will read the gay press because they have great profiles of musicians. Obviously, there are local free zines that cover clubs that are kind of crappy, but the big name magazines that you buy are usually pretty good. I don't think they generally make up quotes.

Sorry but this is naive. Sensationalism drives sales. Magazines word things very carefully in order to get that audience pull.

Sorry but this is naive. Sensationalism drives sales. Magazines word things very carefully in order to get that audience pull.

Whatever.

I know what you mean, maybe he really didn't say that this time

But knowing the person ..... he's said worse things in the past about Madonna and in general

He's that type of jaded fickle-minded feeble faded famed gay man who's just mad at her ongoing success

His house in London is some serious creepy Gothic monstrosity

It looks like a darker version of Joanne's Polly Pocket castle

^ Nobody's hating on him nor supporting hatred :D

Maybe it's just a tabloid fabrication as you're saying but nonetheless it's amusing. I just find it odd how these lesser celebrities take a shot at Madonna and 5 min later they are praising her and then back again to offering her career advice. Just stick to one version and make peace with yourself. Oh well at least they're not all as desperate and jealous/ publicity hungry as Elton John is, not as frequently as he is at least

I mean the various Morrissey, Piers Morgan, George Michael, Sade etc etc

1. What the hell does "deny who they are" even mean? It doesn't really make any sense.

2. So all 'gay' magazines are automatically sensationalism? Or all magazines in general are sensationalism? Or all media in general is all sensationalism?

Here's the latest update from twitter.

1. @BoyGeorge one second ur a Madonna fan then you slag her off, stop using her name for publicity it's desperate and obvious

2. @VertigoTheatreP We shall see if I actually said that? My lawyer is dealing with it!

He doesn't know if he said it or not? He has to call his lawyer to determine what happened. Madonna really is the Queen! Slagging her off is a crime and you have to call your lawyer if you are accused of doing it! George has a lot of experience with lawyers with all his arrests!