• Bedtime Stories 1994
    • Ray Of Light 1998
    • Music 2000
    • American Life 2003
    • Confessions On A Dancefloor 2005
    • Hard Candy 2008
    • MDNA 2012

Guest Xanthium

On a personal level, I choose Erotica. It literally shaped who I am as a human being, just like the Ring was forged in Mount Doom :rotfl:

On an artistic level, I choose Like A Prayer. It's her most personal, organic, emotional. The album that showed her to be a serious artist.

On a cultural level, I choose Ray Of Light. Arguably her most critically acclaimed album, a reclaiming of her throne, and an ushering in of electronic music into the mainstream.

The people who voted for I'm Breathless are making a political statement. And 90's Madonna is the greatest of all time musically. Erotica and Ray of Light are most popular fan chosen. And the people who prefer Erotica above all else are the greatest people in the world.

They really are :lol:

I was just thinking how different the people that choose Erotica vs ROL are. One group love gritty and unapologetic M and the other like motherly, spiritual M. Both are progressive and experimental...and brave. But ROL bores me; apart from a few select songs. Erotica all the way!

The people who voted for I'm Breathless are making a political statement. And 90's Madonna is the greatest of all time musically. Erotica and Ray of Light are most popular fan chosen. And the people who prefer Erotica above all else are the greatest people in the world.

:chuckle:

They really are :lol:

I was just thinking how different the people that choose Erotica vs ROL are. One group love gritty and unapologetic M and the other like motherly, spiritual M. Both are progressive and experimental...and brave. But ROL bores me; apart from a few select songs. Erotica all the way!

Yeah, but Erotica is my #2 and ROL is my #3 (and they used to be flipped until a few years ago), so I don't think it says much about a person unless one is at the top and the other one is at the bottom.

I'm surprise at Bedtime Stories scoring 0 Vote !

shhd.jpg

I'm not that surprised. Any album with votes aside from LAP, Erotica, ROL, and even COADF are surprising to me. So I guess what surprises me is that albums like HC, MDNA, Music, etc. have votes, but BS doesn't. So in that regard you're right. It's a much better album than many others.

Guest Not4Pussies

my fave is American Life but her best to date is Ray of Light. mature, cohesive and consistent all the way through

amen! ROL has the perfect tracklisting. i have no problems with it from beginning to end

I voted for Madonna - The First Album. I've been a fan since 1985. Hard to pick a favourite but Madonna, Ray of Light and COADF are my holy trinity. Best albums ever made in pop music history.

Guest bluejean

I'm happy to participate in this...because only a few days ago I could finally concede that Erotica is indeed my favourite by far. It is absolutely brilliant in every way. Bold, dirty, raw, forward thinking and totally not safe..honest. Ground breaking really.

This era is perfection too. What's to regret!

Not my fave but definitely up there for me. Just the whole dirty tie me down and fuck my hole raw vibe. Love it. Visually amazing as an era too.

I hate this because I love them all in different ways. It's like choosing your favorite child. I said LAP, but honestly I think nostalgia and the fact that LAP as a song is my favorite single of hers boosted that album into the #1 spot ahead of amazing albums like ROL, Erotica, Music, and Confessions. The other albums are so amazing too. It's so difficult and so many factors come into play!

Guest Rachelle of London

Bedtime Stories!!!!! Great lyrics, great production, effortless sound for Madonna. At a time when r'n'b was so big and M worked with the most popular producers of that era BS still sounds like a Madonna album, not a lot of artists can do that

me too.There's gotta be *some* fans who consider it her best album!

I love it but I voted for my one true love Madonna.

My Top 3

Madonna

Like A Prayer

Ray of Light