• Erotica 1992
    • Bedtime Stories 1994
    • Ray Of Light 1998
    • Music 2000
    • American Life 2003
    • Confessions On A Dancefloor 2005
    • Hard Candy 2008
    • MDNA 2012

Bedtime Stories!!!!! Great lyrics, great production, effortless sound for Madonna. At a time when r'n'b was so big and M worked with the most popular producers of that era BS still sounds like a Madonna album, not a lot of artists can do that

love this choice

When thinking about all the Madonna albums that people are writing here as her best, I feel her discography has been very consistent considering how long her career has been.

Some of my other favorite artists that I enjoy with many albums(Bowie, Duran, Depeche Mode, Robbie Willams) have also impressive discographies, but Madonna's creative output and her unique ability to make different music over several decades is the hallmark of a TRUE ICON!

When thinking about all the Madonna albums that people are writing here as her best, I feel her discography has been very consistent considering how long her career has been. Madonna's creative output and her unique ability to make different music over several decades is the hallmark of a TRUE ICON!

Post of the year in this section of the board :clap:

Ray Of Light definitely. Everything was perfect. The timing, the 1st single, the sound, the artwork, the vibe. The pinnacle of her creativity. It was my senior highschool album. She was literally well loved during this period.

Mine too. Totally loved it!!! Why? Everyone in my class knew I loved Madonna previous to ROL but all I was hearing was that she is past her prime, she is old, washed up. In short: I had no taste. Then I remember I bought ROL the day it was out, rushed home to listened to it and I was BLOWN AWAY. I knew this was a killer album. I remember how all the previous haters turned into admirers...It was so weird! At once all were asking me questions about her. It was so cool. I remember at my graduation ball all my classmates drunk and dancing to Ray Of Light. It was soooooooooooo magical. Like at last they saw the light and appreciated her talent... I guess all changed with AL (not my fav. album I must confess).

In short I loved ROL so much, but I chose COADF because this is an album I mostly listen to today... It was another perfect era... Its really hard to choose between those two albums and I m a fan from 86!!!

• 8 months later...
Guest Peter1984

Definitelly "Confessions..." I am surprised that "Erotica" is the winner.

Edited by Peter1984

Why? It was such a big departure from the previous album and made her catalog so much more diverse. It's so different and unique in so many ways. The production is sublime. The lyrics are magnificent (some if her best bridges are from this album), it's chaotic yet so cohesive. It's like a concept album.

Shame you can't see it's brilliance. It's okay if you don't like it. We all have our favorites. Us MadonnaNationers just arn't fond of newcomers coming here and proving their opinion as fact. Appreciate the diverse fan base. It's nice we all get to share our opinions, some forums won't allow u to do so

Guest Peter1984

HC was also completelly different that anything before. Someone compared 80's to spring and "Erotica" to the fall is it right? Agree that it is concept album.

Edited by Peter1984

Working with big name producers was a big departure and very left field, no one saw that coming. But disco, funk, and rnb isn't new for Madonna.

Guest Peter1984

Hmm maybe "She's Not Me" is the most close song to disco. "Dnace 2 Nght" only a little bit in refrain.

Why? It was such a big departure from the previous album and made her catalog so much more diverse. It's so different and unique in so many ways. The production is sublime. The lyrics are magnificent (some if her best bridges are from this album), it's chaotic yet so cohesive. It's like a concept album.

Shame you can't see it's brilliance. It's okay if you don't like it. We all have our favorites. Us MadonnaNationers just arn't find of newcomers coming here and proving stating their opinion as fact. Appreciate the diverse fan base. It's nice we all get to share our opinions, some forums won't allow to do so

:)

Guest Peter1984

Do you think that "Erotica" and "Bedtime Stories" are simmilar albums? Both are simmilar in their concept. For me good Madonna's Albums are: LaV (I love Virgin Era), "True Blue", RoL, AL, COAD, HC and MDNA. Maybe "Erotica" but only few songs.

Oh no, poor LAV bascially getting no votes at all :(

I'm actually surprised the results are rather unbalanced - I know there are the obvious fan favourites which are, as we all know, LAP, ROL and Erotica, but I would have expected the other albums to get more votes too. Besides those three, the other barely get votes at all.

And Bedtime Stories, HC and MDNA getting 2 votes each? Come on guys, even those deserve better!

Guest bluejean

They really are :lol:

I was just thinking how different the people that choose Erotica vs ROL are. One group love gritty and unapologetic M and the other like motherly, spiritual M. Both are progressive and experimental...and brave. But ROL bores me; apart from a few select songs. Erotica all the way!

I think most people like both don't they?

Well I definitely do.

Guest bluejean

Do you think that "Erotica" and "Bedtime Stories" are simmilar albums? Both are simmilar in their concept. For me good Madonna's Albums are: LaV (I love Virgin Era), "True Blue", RoL, AL, COAD, HC and MDNA. Maybe "Erotica" but only few songs.

They are very different musically. Lyrically Erotica is totally a break up album while Bedtime Stories is very much about falling in love.

So no, I think they are very different. But Rain could fit on Bedtime Stories and Human Nature could probably fit on Erotica.

I think most people like both don't they?

Well I definitely do.

I like both. ROL use to be in my top 3 but it dropped out recently in favor of Bedtime Stories