Will you always be a Madonna fan?

madonnasuperfan01

Guest Rachelle of London

Am I the only one that loves every era, every tour, every album, every look, every side project...like I adore everything shes done. Yes there are songs that I dont care for but I still LOVE them!

Am I the only one that loves every era, every tour, every album, every look, every side project...like I adore everything shes done. Yes there are songs that I dont care for but I still LOVE them!

Ditto.

She's never disappointed me. Ever.

I love every era. Each produced at least ONE thing I still watch or listen to today. One, ha, more like 5 or 6.

The only thing I flat out didn't like was the whole Evita / Something To Remember but I don't consider that an era bc there was no new original studio album. It was easy for me to ignore. No new Madonna album = don't pay attention. Me Against The Music don't count either cuz no new MADONNA album. Secret Project does count cuz I tie that in w/ MDNA (that's just me), which I liked. So, yeah, M's still operating at 100% where the eras are concerned.

I like all the tours, too. Some were better than others but if I just get ONE number from a tour THAT I LOVE and watch over and over I'm quite happy, believe it or not. Again, M comes in w/ more than one for each tour. 100%.

Every (original studio) album ...CHECK

Every look.. Sure, why not.

Every side project.. No.

Short answer - YES.

My mum and her friends listened to The Immaculate Collection non stop when I was little. Then there was a bit of a gap until I was 12 sitting in the dentists chair getting root canal and they premiered Frozen on the radio. There's some stuff I don't like, and some things I wish she had done instead, but no. I want a madonna tattoo once I can find the right one

I have always loved Madonna and always will. From the very start, I loved her music, her dancing, her videos, her look, her personality and her ethics. I remember my Mother buying me the Time magazine article on her in 1985 which featured her talking about different things and events in her life. It made me love her even more as she wrote so beautifully and had wonderful opinions, experiences and views. Something that Madonna is never given enough credit for. Things have never changed. I used to dress like her ( have to post pictures here one day for a laugh ) then she suddenly changed her looks and image and it made her even more fascinating.

Seeing her live was one of the greatest nights of my life. I love heaps of singers but none of them reach or inspire me like Madonna does. Ex-fans who now dislike her are so crazy because they loved the one entertainer who has stood the test of time while still being alive. Instead of celebrating that and enjoying all of her input, they are bitter, nasty and condescending. It is their loss though.

Yes , ive been a madonna fan since i was a child , for some reason she s part of me

Same here!

One of the first songs I remember hearing was either Frozen and The Power of Good-Bye. I fell in love with them but I wasn't sure if it was Madonna. My dad owned the singles for Like a Prayer, Express Yourself, Vogue, Keep It Together and Dear Jessie. I listened to them but they weren't my favourites. As I grew older I got exposed to the Music era and when she released Die Another Day, I was like 6 or so. I became a stan. I bought the American Life album and I loved every song and danced around in room and stuff, lol. After that I visited several fan sites at age 9, I think and discovered her other albums, songs, etc. and started to become completely obsessed with her I bought a lot of her albums, not all of them. I downloaded the rest when I got older ;) And yeah I've pretty much been a real Madonna fan since then. I had trouble during Confessions cause I didn't like Abba and couldn't really get into that disco stuff, but when the Confessions tour started my interest in her came back and I finally got the album and fell in love with it. :) Hard Candy was the first era I fully experienced and followed, unfortunately it's been pretty disappointing single and music video-wise. But yeah no matter what, she'll always be a part of me and I'll always remember her. I hope, that when I get my first job I'll have enough money to go to one of her concerts. Maybe with my mom :)

When I become a fan of someone, I usually remain a fan, forever. :wow:

When an artist releases/ creates something that I don't care for, I understand that it wasn't meant for me; theres millions of fans & Madonna doesn't cater to my needs every single time.

IMO this is the sane, adult was to deal with fandom.

When I become a fan of someone, I usually remain a fan, forever. :wow:

When an artist releases/ creates something that I don't care for, I understand that it wasn't meant for me; theres millions of fans & Madonna doesn't cater to my needs every single time.

this.

She's so inspirational and hardworking. Rarely we get a popstar like that. Besides her entire catalogue is to die for. A few mishaps here and there does not eradicate her entire discography.

And I love her. When you love someone you accept them fully flaws and all. So even if I'm not interested in her other ventures and the MDNA iTunes audio is subpar, I will always love her.

I will always be. The woman is part of my DNA. Thank god for my mother and gay uncles that this woman has come into my life. Even when I have departed this world I will find a way to be dancing to Hard Candy

:lol:

Former fans are usually miserable old sods that cant dance anymore and take their anger out on Madonna. I wouldnt even take it to heart what they say about her. I bet if they won the lotto they'd find a way to be upset about it

:clap: They're the living definition of 'stuck in the past' usually. Also a bit...dim...and...moody.

I think I'll be a fan until the day I die. Simply because I agree with what she stands for, what she has achieved and the way she expresses herself in the world. If she never sold another record again it wouldn't matter to me. I like her mind and expression.

I guess I do kind of love Dear Jessie now that you mention it. :lmao:

Been a huge fan since late 1990, but only HC and S & S tour was my first major disappointment from her. I wind up listening to the album often, and loving the DVD concert anyway. MDNA was huge improvement and really satisfied me even with the noticeable flaws. I hope to be a fan for a much longer time. :thumbsup:

I can't imagine life without Madonna. The only time I lost interest was during Something to Remember. The Bedtime Stories album was very mellow and Something to Remember was too much for me. Also, I became a huge Hole fan at the time. EVITA brought me back on board in 1997 when I heard the "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" remix on the radio.

:)

as i'm not exactly young, i've been a fan since the beginning and forever will be... sometimes my bf pokes fun at me about my madonna fandom, but just for a laugh, but the fact is tht she's been part of my life, grew up with, or better accompanied me through my life, with her songs, her attituted, with what she has to say...i don't care about her work ethics, i don't care what she does in her private life (even if i appreciate it). she has done ao much to me. she could stop tomorrow, she could do shit from tomorrow (even if i can't imagine....). this wouldn't change anything.....

who stops to be her fan for any reason, has never been a true fan to begin with, and a good loss....

Of course. Like I have said a billion times she has been such a massive part of my life since I was 5 years old. Couldn't imagine moving on from her. Ever. She and her work are such a part of me. And I don't mean that in a fanatic psycho way.

I just can't imagine my life without her.

There is so many songs related to part of my life. I feel so much connected with so much songs, it's just incredible.

I know, one day, it's gonna be over. I won't get any new songs from her. And this thought is just unbearable.

Also I don't like everything she has done. A few songs here and there are stinkers and I am not big on ActressDonna. There are a handful of Madonna films I haven't even seen. (Flop fan I know) but even when she is doing something I could give two shits about I am still 100% tuned in to her with whatever she is doing in terms of photos or interviews. I always want more from her even when its not connected to project I care about.

Also in terms of her music she has never created an album I can say I dislike. Sure there are one or two songs on certain records that I skip, but when it comes to her music as a whole, she has never let me down. Same goes for her tours.

I know, one day, it's gonna be over. I won't get any new songs from her. And this thought is just unbearable.

Ugh. That's going to be such a sad and weird day for me. I am probably going to be a mess. Or in emotionless shock, and it will take awhile for me to digest that she is really gone.

I got through Hey You and TNBT so I will always be a fan. A Big One . Like someone once said she provided the soundtrack to my life.

And for that I will always be forever grateful and I will always be a fan .