APPRECIATE : Girl Gone Wild

cross

Vid? Yay. Perf of Life? Yay.

Generic, by the numbers Cheryl Cole reject, just turn up, change a line, sing along and hope for the best "song"? Hell to the Nay.

Oh no you di'n't.

There are 5 reasons why I love Girl Gone Wild and why I think it's a fantastic Madonna song:

tumblr_m7eynfqP2r1ql5yr7o2_250.gif

the opening act of contrition. quite possibly one of her best album openers. :wow:

tumblr_m7eynfqP2r1ql5yr7o3_250.gif

the way of the music picks up and progresses in the second verse. it get's me spinning! :smug:

tumblr_m7eynfqP2r1ql5yr7o4_250.gif

the male robotic bckgrnd vocals. i always make sure to sing this bit when im in the car jammin.

tumblr_m7eynfqP2r1ql5yr7o5_r3_250.gif

The bridge that just comes out of nowhere

tumblr_m7eynfqP2r1ql5yr7o6_r3_250.gif

Benny Benassi's light dance production. It's a bit remissive to his Celebration remix, but it doesn't go hardcore like Benny's own work tends to be or like the dance stuff that all the kids like these days.

I don't see it as cheap, I don't see it as generic. I just see it as another fantastic pop track from Madonna. It has a great hook and a fantastic bassline.

Oh and that video..... :heart: <3 <3 <3

hahahahaha :lmao::lmao::lmao: I could look at this post all day long! The gifs are everything!

I started out just being indifferent to this song. I thought and still think that it sounds like any other pop slut could do it....it just didn't have that "Madonna stamp" to me. The video though, was ALL Madonna so in turn I appreciated the song a little more.

THEN

THE TOUR happened.....that really made me actually like the song. The performance + the song = Madonna classic.

It's now one of my go to's on the album.

I loved this song since I first heard the MDNA sampler thingy. I don't care if it's generic or whatever - the fact that she's singing a song called Girl Gone Wild at age 348938 is a truly bold statement in itself :clap:

I loved this song since I first heard the MDNA sampler thingy. I don't care if it's generic or whatever - the fact that she's singing a song called Girl Gone Wild at age 348938 is a truly bold statement in itself :clap:

true! We are gurls gone wild!

Sang this at karaoke last night lol and when I was finished I did my best auto tuned donnntt fuckkk with the KWEEEEEeeeeEeeen

I love it

I sang American life too and shut the rap down!

Sang this at karaoke last night lol and when I was finished I did my best auto tuned donnntt fuckkk with the KWEEEEEeeeeEeeen

I love it

I sang American life too and shut the rap down!

We need video of this!!!!

Specially the American life rap

Everything good and bad about this song has been said and all are probably true, to some extent.

I personally love this song and I will never know why.

What makes me sad is that I've been to five Madonna tribute nights over the past year and NONE have played this song. I thought the tour was going to change that, but it hasn't. Maybe that goes to show just how abysmal this song is considered in the Madonna dance canon.

I started out just being indifferent to this song. I thought and still think that it sounds like any other pop slut could do it....it just didn't have that "Madonna stamp" to me. The video though, was ALL Madonna so in turn I appreciated the song a little more.

THEN

THE TOUR happened.....that really made me actually like the song. The performance + the song = Madonna classic.

Thats exactly how I felt about it. MDNA GGW is beyond magnificent. Its life!!!

I love it :thumbsup: It's fun, catchy and a great pop/dance song. The video is a work of art. Had the Academy not changed its rules, it probably would have earned a nomination for Best Dance Recording.

It's fun, the video's very Madonna, but the track on its own... yeah, not classic Madonna (outside of the "Act of Contrition" reprise). The tour, as it does with some other lesser tracks, did enhance it, though.

THEN

Exact same thing happened to me!

I love it :thumbsup: It's fun, catchy and a great pop/dance song. The video is a work of art. Had the Academy not changed its rules, it probably would have earned a nomination won for Best Dance Recording.

Fixed :wow:

I'm really glad seeing all of you showing love to this would-be-#1-hit-in-a-parallel-universe.

I have a favorite pair of black jeans, and whenever I slide into them, I do the lil' hip thrust she does during the 2nd 'Hey-ey-ey! Ey-ey-ey-eyyy!' part :wow:

It's definitely a warm up to go clubbing song.

OMG same. I sometimes randomly do it in public places too. Have't'.

I feel that the song really came alive on the tour and it was an amazing intro.

The girls in the crowd were on fire! this is one of my favorite youtube vids

Sim

São Paulo é quente para a Rainha

It's fun, the video's very Madonna, but the track on its own... yeah, not classic Madonna (outside of the "Act of Contrition" reprise). The tour, as it does with some other lesser tracks, did enhance it, though.

Signed