APPRECIATE : Girl Gone Wild

cross

If nothing else good came out of MDNA (and it did) then at least we got three impressive, distinct, well planned and executed videos with strong, enduring visuals.

But even before the official version we had this masterpiece

and who could forget

Why can't I locate the depreciate button on my computer for this song! I would understand if Lola and her girlfriends got writing credits for this song whilst in their poetry class, but a 54 year old woman telling us she is a girl gone wild is laughable at best:) As others have stated their is so much better material on MDNA that could have been released?

haters gonna hate for the pure pleasure of hating..lol...but this is one of my faves as well....could have been better? yes...but the "hey hey like a girl gone wild...girls they just wanna have some fun..." it's pure energy xtasy for me...I always sing "get fucked up like a smoking gun ":laugh:...and the video is great as well...could have been better? yes...loath the part of her fighting with that hose...lol...and although it may sound useless at this point I'm addicted should have been a single...imagine the video for it!....oh and yeah TUTR video sucked...lol....nevermind!

Guest Techno Prophet

One of my faves! I love the live MDNA Tour version. I listen to it least twice a day.

Edited by Techno Prophet

There are 5 reasons why I love Girl Gone Wild and why I think it's a fantastic Madonna song:

tumblr_m7eynfqP2r1ql5yr7o2_250.gif

the opening act of contrition. quite possibly one of her best album openers. :wow:

tumblr_m7eynfqP2r1ql5yr7o3_250.gif

the way of the music picks up and progresses in the second verse. it get's me spinning! :smug:

tumblr_m7eynfqP2r1ql5yr7o4_250.gif

the male robotic bckgrnd vocals. i always make sure to sing this bit when im in the car jammin.

tumblr_m7eynfqP2r1ql5yr7o5_r3_250.gif

The bridge that just comes out of nowhere

tumblr_m7eynfqP2r1ql5yr7o6_r3_250.gif

Benny Benassi's light dance production. It's a bit remissive to his Celebration remix, but it doesn't go hardcore like Benny's own work tends to be or like the dance stuff that all the kids like these days.

I don't see it as cheap, I don't see it as generic. I just see it as another fantastic pop track from Madonna. It has a great hook and a fantastic bassline.

Oh and that video..... :heart: <3 <3 <3

There are 5 reasons why I love Girl Gone Wild and why I think it's a fantastic Madonna song:

the opening act of contrition. quite possibly one of her best album openers. :wow:

the way of the music picks up and progresses in the second verse. it get's me spinning! :smug:

the male robotic bckgrnd vocals. i always make sure to sing this bit when im in the car jammin.

Benny Benassi's light dance production. It's a bit remissive to his Celebration remix, but it doesn't go hardcore like Benny's own work tends to be or like the dance stuff that all the kids like these days.

I don't see it as cheap, I don't see it as generic. I just see it as another fantastic pop track from Madonna. It has a great hook and a fantastic bassline.

Best post ever? :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The gifs are phenomenal :rotfl:

Yas.gif

Preach brother Whoopie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Personally, I love GGW - the song, the video (which is perfection...and I've been waiting for Madonna to do a video like that for a long time), and of course, the tour opener - which may just well be one of the best tour openers EVER!!!

It's a fun pop track with a great little hook...and it probably would have been a decent hit if given a fair chance.

If nothing else good came out of MDNA (and it did) then at least we got three impressive, distinct, well planned and executed videos with strong, enduring visuals.

But even before the official version we had this masterpiece

:wow: Nothing better than a Madonna montage in this world.

and who could forget

I love this so much. I couldn't believe it when I first saw it. :dead: Anybody know the backstory?

Oh and GGW is amazing. I have every remix of it (the song really comes to life there) and I adore the choreography and visuals from video and live performance. Jaded gays criticising her releasing this song in her fifties need to watch her dance. :wow: