Which Madonna album have you GROWN to love?

johnnox

For me, it's Erotica. When it first came out, I liked it but on the whole was not blown away by it.

But as the years have gone, I absolutely adore at least 75 per cent of it. I know the production on some of the tracks is a little bit of its time, but the lyrics and the melodies are just so damn strong. I listen to it more now than I did 21 years ago.

Guest SecretGarden

Bedtime Stories is definitely a grower, while I instantly fell in love with Erotica, I always thought Bedtime Stories was a weaker and more safe version of Erotica but it's really stood the test of time and is a great album in it's own right.

I don't think i've disliked any of her albums upon first listen like I did with American Life... but i have grown to like it. However, I still can't abide "Hollywood".

Guest bluejean

Believe it or not, Confessions.

I remember listening to it and thinking Hung Up, Get Together, Sorry, Jump and Like it Or Not were the only good songs. But of course the others grew on me and now its one of my favourite albums.

I'd also be tempted to say Bedtime Stories and Erotica, but I was really too young to form an instant opinion back then. As a kid I would just listen to the singles of new albums mainly. I don't recall paying attention to songs like Why's It So Hard and In This Life until I got the Girlie Show on VHS.

I remember not liking 'Secret Garden' til many years later. Now I love it.

Madonna (debut). When I was younger I was really into the new Madonna, but as I've become older and gotten to know a lot more about Madonna (her beginnings, her struggles, etc.),I've really grown to appreciate the simplicity and raw ambition of this album. I hear it and can't help but think: what a badass 24-year old :fag:

Guest Fukujima

Hard Candy, i really used to hate it. i bought it more than one year after its release and barely listened to it. Now i really like it

Guest Not4Pussies

so i grew to love hard candy, bedtime stories and like a virgin.

really appreciate them

the album i have disconnected from is COADF, i now have to be in the mood for it

Although I wouldn't say I LOVE it, I have grown to appreciate American Life. As an adult, it's the only Madonna album I was actually disappointed in after listening to for the first time. It's grown on me over the years and I can appreciate it for what it is. It's a unique piece of her musical puzzle.

Although I wouldn't say I LOVE it, I have grown to appreciate American Life. As an adult, it's the only Madonna album I was actually disappointed in after listening to for the first time. It's grown on me over the years and I can appreciate it for what it is. It's a unique piece of her musical puzzle.

You're maturing...slowly.

You're maturing...slowly.

LOL....even her music that's not my favorite has it's place as far as I'm concerned. At that time I was hoping AL was going to expand on the sound of Impressive Instant, but of course it turned out to be nearly the total opposite. I would never change anything about her musical output though. Just compare the albums of the last 10 years alone....AL, COADF, HC, MDNA.....ALL of them are so different to one another and that's pretty impressive!!

1. Erotica - thought it was too dark but now I love it. Especially Waiting. That song is love.

2. Confessions - I didn't get it at first but now I love the entirety of it. Disco, preachy, serious.

3. True Blue - I only cared for the singles but I get this one now.

Something to Remember, Bedtime Stories and I'm Breathless are the only albums I didn't 100% automatically fall in love with. It took years of life experience and re-listens to finally understand the magic of those albums.

Confessions... I was immediately turned off by Hung Up initially, and that kind of made me reject the album a bit at first. But as years passed by, I've grown to love that album.

Bedtime Stories. For years I didn't pay it much attention but now I really like it.

Ray of Light also took me a long time, I was really still into punk and hardcore music at the time I got it and it just wasn't something I was into. in the last 2 years I've started listening to it and now it is one of my favorites.