Miami 19th Nov 2012

Starman

It was a sold out show :huh: .

Now the haters and monsters are going to have a field day with the pictures.

Why does it always happens ? Reminds me a bit of the Olympia backlash. >:(

It's hardly a mess! As for the empty seats, they'll either use crowd shots from tomorrow night (it's highly unlikely that they'll be finishing at 1:30am again...!), or they'll just superimpose people into the footage. The crowds in the S&S DVD were definitely digitally altered, so there's no reason why they can't do it for this one.

I dunno about anyone else - but on the DVD I don't really want to see the f**king crowd.

At least - as little of them as possible.

A few wide shots will show the audience mostly in darkness - so I can't see how it matters whether there were empty seats or not.

I really hope this most AMAZING of concerts is captured properly by whoever is in charge of the filming. I don't want to see close-ups of aging queens crying - I want to see what MADONNA and her crew are doing on stage and I want to see all those unbelievable light shows etc. captured brilliantly.

I dunno about anyone else - but on the DVD I don't really want to see the f**king crowd.

At least - as little of them as possible.

A few wide shots will show the audience mostly in darkness - so I can't see how it matters whether there were empty seats or not.

I really hope this most AMAZING of concerts is captured properly by whoever is in charge of the filming. I don't want to see close-ups of aging queens crying - I want to see what MADONNA and her crew are doing on stage and I want to see all those unbelievable light shows etc. captured brilliantly.

well hopefully she was in a decent mood, and shots from the side dont show audience members leaving lol

It would have been amazing to have the dvd filmed in a huge stadium setting, the S+S dvd was all the better for including the huge audience going wild during performances and this tour (her greatest to date) really deserved an incredible version for the release.

Instead this DVD is going to be in a small, half empty arena with several performances missing because she went on so late and the audience were crap.

again, what a MESS :lmao:

Well when people have start 8 PM written on their ticket and the show doesn't start til 3 and a half hours later, they have every right to be confused and angry for being misled. I'm not saying start at 8. Start at 9:30. That's how it always was before the MDNA Tour.

It also goes without saying that not everyone that attends these shows are hardcore fans like you & I that are happy to wait til 11:30 PM (even then, I was still pretty restless and annoyed that she didn't go on until 10:45 in Dallas).

Come on now. I defend Madonna for 90% of what people attack her for. Not this.

mmmm...some where making fun of me when i was saying that.....

It would have been amazing to have the dvd filmed in a huge stadium setting, the S+S dvd was all the better for including the huge audience going wild during performances and this tour (her greatest to date) really deserved an incredible version for the release.

Instead this DVD is going to be in a small, half empty arena with several performances missing because she went on so late and the audience were crap.

again, what a MESS :lmao:

DWT 2.0 :electropop:

this is a mess

a big mess

Unless they are going to majorally edit both shows into one...Miami night #1 will not be used....there were a shit ton of technical errors, the crowd was PISSED at the 11:30 start....I have never heard 20,000 people chant BULLSHIT, BULLSHIT before a concert. The energy was zapped, people were leaving in droves well before the show ended....certainly NOT the night to be immortalized.

M was on though, she looked and sounded amazing. I resisted touching her hand when she held the mic to the guy beside me during LAP....she didn't do her usual hand grabbing or touching so I didn't wanna just GRAB her...lol.

The surprise soundcheck was AWESOME!!!!! I was SOOOO excited when she just appreared ont he stage as we entered the Triangle!

AGREED! YOU DONT GO OUT TO A CLUB BEFORE 10:30 SO WTF? WHY ARE PEOPLE SO PISSED AT THE START TIME? SO STUPID!

Let's see, because it's a MONDAY night....people go to WORK the next day...they do not go to clubs on weeknights. Their tickets state an 8pm start...not 11:30 pm. There is no defending her anynore for this....she has MAJORALLY annoyed casual fans across the world with these later and later starts. You have to take your mind out of OUR mindsets...we wait for hours, even days to see her, but the MAJORITY who attend the shows, the people making the tour the success that it is, not US major fans who are only a small fraction in attendance each night, feel disrespected and put off. They will certainly think twice before shelling out the high ticket prices for the next your. Mark my words, I think casual fans would more easily overlook the heavy lean on songs they are not familair with, but the insanely late start times piss them off before the show even begins.

Miami had rolling boos and chants of BULLSHIT before the show began. It's unacceptable, disrespectful and unprofessional. She will taint her live reputation by this and she seemingly doesn't really give a shit.

Let's see, because it's a MONDAY night....people go to WORK the next day...they do not go to clubs on weeknights. Their tickets state an 8pm start...not 11:30 pm. There is no defending her anynore for this....she has MAJORALLY annoyed casual fans across the world with these later and later starts. You have to take your mind out of OUR mindsets...we wait for hours, even days to see her, but the MAJORITY who attend the shows, the people making the tour the success that it is, not US major fans who are only a small fraction in attendance each night, feel disrespected and put off. They will certainly think twice before shelling out the high ticket prices for the next your. Mark my words, I think casual fans would more easily overlook the heavy lean on songs they are not familair with, but the insanely late start times piss them off before the show even begins.

Miami had rolling boos and chants of BULLSHIT before the show began. It's unacceptable, disrespectful and unprofessional. She will taint her live reputation by this and she seemingly doesn't really give a shit.

Period.

---

Like A Prayer

LOL at those equating a Madonna concert with some midnight DJ ..oh sorry, "electronic dance music" set full of teenagers and 20 somethings. Get real. Madonna's now a heritage act to the majority of concert goers who themselves are rapidly approaching/are middle aged. A quick glimpse at any YouTube video confirms that. Starting at half 11 or even half 10 is a complete joke and just serves to alienate the casuals who actually make up the big numbers. I don't believe for one minute the well-worn technical difficulties bull.

"Fabulous" and "Diva" was DAME ELIZABETH TAYLOR being 20 minutes late for each and every engagement, Madonna keeping everyone waiting ALL THE TIME for hours is plain rude and unprofessional.

While I wanted an arena show filmed, I didn't expect it to be in a SHOEBOX with the tip of the triangle being 10 rows away from the back of the arena. I was hoping they'd mix in those onstage crane shots from Paris which will be a bit difficult now that she's decided to switch to those bloody awful leather pants for the opening which just look ridiculous with the kneepads etc.

I just hope they know what they're doing and the show is preserved forever with gorgeous Truth or Dare like concert footage, which Madge, being a DIRECTOR now and all, should be making sure of. Ugh.

you just know shes gonna come out at 11:30 again tonight lol

And wipe the energy from the crowd, piss them off again, receive chants and boos.....this really is the energy she wants for the DVD....it's going to take a special effects genius to make the Miami crowd seem into the show. The freakin Denver Triangle had more energy than this one. I was highly disappointed with the crowd, but then again, I couldn't really blame them....

LOL at those equating a Madonna concert with some midnight DJ ..oh sorry, "electronic dance music" set full of teenagers and 20 somethings. Get real. Madonna's now a heritage act to the majority of concert goers who themselves are rapidly approaching/are middle aged. A quick glimpse at any YouTube video confirms that. Starting at half 11 or even half 10 is a complete joke and just serves to alienate the casuals who actually make up the big numbers. I don't believe for one minute the well-worn technical difficulties bull.

"Fabulous" and "Diva" was DAME ELIZABETH TAYLOR being 20 minutes late for each and every engagement, Madonna keeping everyone waiting ALL THE TIME for hours is plain rude and unprofessional.

While I wanted an arena show filmed, I didn't expect it to be in a SHOEBOX with the tip of the triangle being 10 rows away from the back of the arena. I was hoping they'd mix in those onstage crane shots from Paris which will be a bit difficult now that she's decided to switch to those bloody awful leather pants for the opening which just look ridiculous with the kneepads etc.

I just hope they know what they're doing and the show is preserved forever with gorgeous Truth or Dare like concert footage, which Madge, being a DIRECTOR now and all, should be making sure of. Ugh.

The stage seemed larger and extended at the tip...perhaps it was just my perspective in the GT. But you are DEAD on about the starts.....people refuse to believe it, but she is going to have a hard time selling out on the next tour....she has left a very bad taste in the mouth's of the majority and rightfully so. I cringed this morning at the onslaught of nasty reviews from FB friends who attended, the radio DJs ripping her a new one for starting so late...my own boss commented that he was surprised I even made it in as "Miss Thang" didn't bother showing up to her own concert till nearly midnight. This is a big problem guys....

Guest ditaluver

Let's see, because it's a MONDAY night....people go to WORK the next day...they do not go to clubs on weeknights. Their tickets state an 8pm start...not 11:30 pm.

I agree. I just cant get on board with the "club act" defense. this isnt a club concert. this isnt a weekend. this isnt a room full of people in their mid-20's ready to stay up till 4 am. its just not. 'i would have been fucking PISSED had she delayed that long in Dallas.

if there were technical difficulties, how fucking hard can it be for someone to come out on stage and tell the people, Listen, we're filming for the DVd...there are some issues. Please be patient. Enjoy a free hot dog on us.

but no. they cant even bother with that much and THAT is rude.

I agree. I just cant get on board with the "club act" defense. this isnt a club concert. this isnt a weekend. this isnt a room full of people in their mid-20's ready to stay up till 4 am. its just not. 'i would have been fucking PISSED had she delayed that long in Dallas.

if there were technical difficulties, how fucking hard can it be for someone to come out on stage and tell the people, Listen, we're filming for the DVd...there are some issues. Please be patient. Enjoy a free hot dog on us.

but no. they cant even bother with that much and THAT is rude.

Her band leader (Kevin?) came out after Oakenfold and detailed to the audience about the DVD filming....he even had them practice screaming and cheering....everyone was so pumped.....but THENNNN, they made everyone sit there for another 2 hours.....it's no wonder that momentum created by Oakenfold and the DVD filming announcement was down to zilch by the time the show finally began......I was horrified when the lights when up for LAP and Celebration and half the arena was empty.

What goes through her head...she has to SEE these things....and hear the roaring boos before she comes out. Yet, "she has things to do" as she told Ellen and proceeds to continue pissing off her fans.