Miami 19th Nov 2012

Starman

:rolleyes:

I totally disagree with her extremely late starts and think it's disrespectful if they don't at least notify the audience. Still, you've been going on and on about this as if you were a mission to convince the forum how this is going to harm her reputation (alternating with the Madonna is a coldhearted bitch stuff).

It's not about agreeing with everything she does it's about you trying to prove that point over and over and over again

I admit, I get worked up and passionate....but that is what it is...PASSION....I guess venting to my fellow fans somehow makes me feel we can universally get her to wake up about this and change it for the positive.....I just hate that she's touring the world and annoying, frustrating, and downrigh pissing off a large majority of attendees.

My main thought is why didn't they just put on the tickets 'starts at 10.00pm'!?!? If that's when she wants to start and the venue is fine with it, then why not?

Agreed....it would really help ease some of the frustration people feel....they could also make more accurate arrangements (babysitters, transportation, etc) and not have to leave before the show is over.

Soundcheck was awesome...someone told her they got into a bar fight for her so she demanded to know what they said about her....she joked" did they say I was a no talent....she's past her prime?"....it was surreal to see her casually joking about the common ammo of the haters. Loved it.

aw. what did the fan respond? ;)

I couldn't really hear him cause he was further back in the group and the only reason he got his point across to her was because he had a sign that read "I have a black eye for you"... she said something like "I hope you won the fight"

I would agree, but then again, she has been booed at a large number of US venues and she still continues to roll out post 10:30 pm. Wasn't Charlotte and Atlanta both 10:45?

She went on in Houston at 10:45 both nights and not one single boo was heard. Nobody was bitching, at all. We enjoyed ourselves because we all knew she went on late due to things like research and stuff.

The most important thing: how was her voice?

Amazing, Love Spent was so haunting....she really enlongated the versus, making it more tortured and effective. It was brilliant. She sounded warm and powerful on LAV. Aside from the technical issues, the main one being the screens not working during the opening, SHE was on point. And then of course the crowd..... :mellow:

She went on in Houston at 10:45 both nights and not one single boo was heard. Nobody was bitching, at all. We enjoyed ourselves because we all knew she went on late due to things like research and stuff.

You can't really speak for a whole arena of people, there may have been no booing (which is a GOOD thing)....but I would bet $ that there were people upset by the late start....esp if it were a weeknight.

You can't really speak for a whole arena of people, there may have been no booing (which is a GOOD thing)....but I would bet $ that there were people upset by the late start....esp if it were a weeknight.

It was a week night and everybody was happy. In fact, all we heard walking around the arena was how everyone expected her to go on late. There were absolutely no boos at all. Nobody seemed restless. I'm sure it wasn't 100% bliss but I guess Texas is just more chill than other places apparently. When I looked around the arena all I saw were happy, chatty people with huge smiles.

I've spoken to TWO of the tour dancers today and they said it was NOTHING to do with Madonna or any of the performaers, they were all backstage ready to go on, they had done their prayer and everything at 10:00 in fact they got ready earlier it was all technical problems to do with the filming, they said EVERYONE including M was ready and amped to go on at 10 that night due to the filming!

Well if true... the solution is simple....make an announcement. Kevin came out and detailed about the filming and amped the crowd hours before, then of course there was the No Smoking announcement....there is no reason why there can't be a quick announcement informing the crowd of the delay. It's the polite and respectful thing to do for the people who paid very good money to be there. It's assured it would have eased the tension and the chanting and booing would not have ensued, at least not as heated or frequent.