DC MONDAY SEPTEMBER 24

Stephen

so what if Obama is Muslim?? What is wrong with America?

exactly. why should anyone deny the truth? she's only making the point that anyone from whatever background they come from, can become president if they work hard etc.. thought it was obvious.

I preface all of this by saying that there's nothing wrong with being Muslim (at least not any more than being ANY religion), but the truth is the truth and there are people who are ignorant and are using it against our president.

he has muslim blood though.. she meant well. but I can see how negative nancies are trying to make a huge deal out of this again.

Um, Muslim blood? It's a religion, not an ethnicity. His father's family was Muslim, but he converted at age 6. Barack Jr. was raised Christian.

Wait a minute. Is he not a Muslim?

he is.. thats why im confused with the outcry..

http://www.irfi.org/...eritagehtml.htm

He's not Muslim. Nowhere in the link you included does it say he's Muslim. He was raised Christian and is Christian. There's no way in hell America would elect a Muslim president.

There's no outcry. There's people alarmed by Madonna spreading false information. She obviously made a mistake, Freudian or otherwise.

WTF is muslim blood, no offense...that's just bs. Religion is not genetic.

Sometimes I really can't stand people. The other day some big shot at work from

the top floor was telling me that where I live there r nothing but 'blacks' ( :confused:)

...but it's okay 4 me cuz I have dark hair & thick mediterranean eye brows ( :manson:)

I really hope he gets fucked up, robbed & raped on the subway.

WhoTF looks at people like that? :vomit:

I preface all of this by saying that there's nothing wrong with being Muslim (at least not any more than being ANY religion), but the truth is the truth and there are people who are ignorant and are using it against our president.

Um, Muslim blood? It's a religion, not an ethnicity. His father's family was Muslim, but he converted at age 6. Barack Jr. was raised Christian.

He's not Muslim. Nowhere in the link you included does it say he's Muslim. He was raised Christian and is Christian. There's no way in hell America would elect a Muslim president.

There's no outcry. There's people alarmed by Madonna spreading false information. She obviously made a mistake, Freudian or otherwise.

Ok my mistake.

CMoody- I don't think Madonna worries too much about pleasing any part of the masses. I mean, if she did, her tours would have a lot more of the biggest classics in there. Plus, she wouldn't give the classics that she does perform a makeover, nor perform so many songs from her latest album. :)

She should add a tiny little bit of "Material girl" after "Love spent" as the lyrics are like a follow up to "Material girl" 30 years later but this time she's the one being taken advantage of.

As for the muslim comment since when do people don't get irony ?

I don't think she needs to correct Jackshit quite frankly. They can take it as one of her tongue in cheek comments. Or they can say she is ignorant. Or they can moan about it then move on to the next Madonna news item because theres more where that came from.

The woman can't piss without offending a section of the masses. lol.

I laughed when I heard her say we have a black muslim in the White House because I took it like jasonackos said. It was her way of poking fun at people thinking he is a muslim. The media seems to be taking it literally though.

I actually dont even think Obama is a christian by the way. At least not in the literal sense.

He is too bright to take the Bible literally and to believe in men coming back from the dead.

I love the entire show (granted I won't see it in person until next month) but I have obsessively watched a trillion clips on YouTube since the start of the tour, and LAV has by far been my fave part of the show, so adding LS (one of, if not my favorite, track on MDNA) was HEAVEN for me. I know some fans, and general fans, may not be thrilled with it, as they prefer the original, poppy rendition they are accustomed to, but this is what she does best, performance art. She really lets go and feels out this bit of the show, and she has become progressively more and more free with it (gyrating and climbing atop the piano, etc)...point being, I hope she embraces this part of her performance artistry and taps into far more in the future. After the Live Nation contract is up and she is (most likely) going to scale down how she performs, I foresee her doing small, intimate type gigs (a la Olympia, but actual full shows) where she aims to please herself and her biggest fans by self-indulging in more passionate renditions of new and old songs and completely forgets about pleasing any part of the masses. Just a lil hoping.

:thumbsup: even if i liked a lot more the first version of LAV/LS before the changes....

really don't understand all that rumor about the misspoke, anyway...

I thought he was Christian too! OMG do u remember when M and Brahim went to that mosque in Istanbul and the press were assaying shes converting to islam because she covered her hair! LOOOL the ignorance

didn't know that :chuckle:

Like A Virgin got an amazing reaction last night. The crowd loved it. No one seemed put off by it or disappointed it wasn't like the original. I guess now with the Internet most people tend to know that she is doing it this way. I was actually surprised how much people were into the new songs. The people next to me were going crazy during I'm Addicted. At past shows, it seemed more people were complaining that she didn't do enough old stuff or weren't into the new stuff. But I guess people are now educated that she does her new stuff. Plus, I think the way the show is structured is great. She doesn't do too many new songs all in a row. She tends to alternate new song, old song.

I love the entire show (granted I won't see it in person until next month) but I have obsessively watched a trillion clips on YouTube since the start of the tour, and LAV has by far been my fave part of the show, so adding LS (one of, if not my favorite, track on MDNA) was HEAVEN for me. I know some fans, and general fans, may not be thrilled with it, as they prefer the original, poppy rendition they are accustomed to, but this is what she does best, performance art. She really lets go and feels out this bit of the show, and she has become progressively more and more free with it (gyrating and climbing atop the piano, etc)...point being, I hope she embraces this part of her performance artistry and taps into far more in the future. After the Live Nation contract is up and she is (most likely) going to scale down how she performs, I foresee her doing small, intimate type gigs (a la Olympia, but actual full shows) where she aims to please herself and her biggest fans by self-indulging in more passionate renditions of new and old songs and completely forgets about pleasing any part of the masses. Just a lil hoping.

Amen!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't read all the previous comments but when it happened so many things were running through my mind.

It could easily be a "fuck you" to delusional right wingers who claim he is a Muslim, and in that, proving that we need to have different cultured people in the White House.

I REALLY don't believe she was unaware of his background. She's loved Obama since his first election. She must've gotten someone to read her a political fact checks here and there while she got her hair and makeup done so she could know what was going on.

She's not stupid and if she WAS unaware, I hope she takes the route I just mentioned, cause otherwise it might backfire in the media.