AUSDONNA!!!! - Aussie Fan Thread

Guest CUBB

I got my mug today:)

I cannot believe that this is an official Madonna product, by live nation:) Cannot wait for the matching hard candy saucer and like a prayer tea lights.

I cannot believe that us Australians are actually getting excited about a mug when the rest of the world gets mdna tour:')

Bluejean, he is so entertaining. Loves all the ockers with such passion. However, I should have actually asked what everyone here thinks about Warney's transformation. Bluejean, what do you think ? You are pretty insightful so am interested in your thoughts on Warney. I have never seen anyone change that much in personality, looks etc.

ChristopherM, yes, we do call the English Poms or Pommies. I don't really know how they got that name though.

As another 'pommy', Warne's transformation was ridiculed in our national press at the time and he may appear in tabloids occasionally but he's a minor celeb ex-cricketer so nobody really cares anymore. His face looks so waxy though and nobody would be surprised if/when she moves on to someone else.

I've seen Celebration mugs in HMV - tackytastic!

PS: nobody's really sure where the word pommy came from. Various theories.

Last Christmas I got a Celebration one from Target. My mum said it was reduced to $1 :wow:

I wonder where else we will find mugs and such for bargain prices

My Goodness, I want to say sorry to anyone here from the UK who was offended by the word Pom. My Dad just told me that some people used to find it to be racist or offensive. I honestly always thought it was a term of endearment between Aussies and the English. I have 2 English friends who even jokingly call themselves by that term and it is used all the time on the tv and radio. So if anyone is offended, I am truly sorry. I love English people and would not want to upset or offend anyone.

Wikipedia: "A derogatory term, it was controversially ruled no longer offensive in 2006 by the Australian Advertising Standards Board and in 2010 by the New Zealand Broadcasting Standards Authority. Despite these changing views, many British people or those of British origin consider the expression offensive or racist."

Honestly, I never thought "pom" was that bad. I grew up in England, but I've spent more than half my life in Australia and I always take it in good spirit.

I don't care about being called a Pom. Better than Bogan. :rotfl: Honestly, it's non offensive. As for Shane Warne, I barely think of him ever at all but I'm sure he's the one who advertises hair transplants right? :lol:

I don't care about being called a Pom. Better than Bogan. :rotfl: Honestly, it's non offensive. As for Shane Warne, I barely think of him ever at all but I'm sure he's the one who advertises hair transplants right? :lol:

Yes, That's him. He did all of those advance hair adverts with the catchphrase "Advanced Hair Yeah Yeah"

I thought he was a superstar in England but probably only with the cricket fanatics. There are some people here who treat him and Liz Hurley like Brangelina - they even gave them the name Shurley ! They are really high profile here but kind of cringe-worthy. Always in the weekly magazines declaring their love for each other.

Australians celebs being "high profile" :lmao:

Bluejean, I know, LOL Shane Warne is probably not a very good example but we do have some real world wide superstars

Hugh Jackman, Kylie Minogue, Cate Blanchett and I can see Liam Hensworth becoming the next superstar. He is so gorgeous.Trying to think of others but running out of ideas now !

My dear Australian MadonnaFamily :inlove:

It's taken me a while, but I have finally completed my little MDNAmentary. I've tried to capture the essence of the entire show so that those of you that weren't able to attend, can experience it through my eyes. I really hope you enjoy it!

Thanks for being so awesome.....Love you guys!!!!!

Edit - I'm terribly sorry that I've noticed (after watching again :lol:) that the uploaded version has off sync video/sound...particularly around Human Nature. I'm furious, but don't want to take it down just now. Maybe later I will try again and see if it does it again. Vimeo won't accept a file this size unfortunately. Carry on :)

My dear Australian MadonnaFamily :inlove:

It's taken me a while, but I have finally completed my little MDNAmentary. I've tried to capture the essence of the entire show so that those of you that weren't able to attend, can experience it through my eyes. I really hope you enjoy it!

Thanks for being so awesome.....Love you guys!!!!!

Woooow! loved every second :)

OML Speaker of the House San.... that was so incredibly well done! :wow: Lush! Lush! QOL! QOL! QOL!

Woooow! loved every second :)

:laugh: Thanks guys. If it makes just one person happy, like it has me, then I'm super happy!

Spread the joy of MDNA!!!!! :Disco_Ball:

San, what a fantastic video. Just loved seeing both you and your sister enjoying yourselves so much before, during and after the concert. Just was wonderful to watch. There have been 2 great fan made videos of concerts this year posted and they are exciting and inspiring. I loved Miguel's video experience of his concert and now we have your equally exciting and fantastic video. This is what being a Madonna fan is all about ! Brilliant work San xx

That was a fantastic video San! It was a trip down memory lane and I loved it. Your video of Like A Virgin was particularly great. You were lucky to have such perfect seats on both nights! You and your sister are adorable and I can tell you had the time of your lives! I'm so happy for you. :inlove:

We were VERY lucky Adreeyen! First night, 5th row center...not knowing until we got to the venue....what a wonderful surprise. And then having a special angel looking out for us on night two....Hector! Couldn't have been any more perfect tbh. I will cherish this for my whole life!