Was Madonna's MDNA choreo inspired by Raffaella Carra?

realityisalways

Or at least 10 seconds of it...

Ok so, Raffaella Carra is this huge italian Icon from the 70s, 80s and 90s, she is basically the world's first 'female pop star', if we were to consider the definition of today. Raffaella had this controversial (for it's time) dance called the 'Tuca, Tuca' (Touch, touch) and I think part of the MDNA choreography for 'Candy Shop/Erotica' is inspired by it.

For those who think I am reaching, you must know Madonna knows who Raffaella is, as she went to her show in Italy to promote the 'Music' album. Now, I am not blaming Madonna for 'copying' since obviously this is the choreographer's inspiration. Raffaella is known as a huge gay Icon worldwide til this day (One of the latest Bob Sinclair hits was a remake of her classic 'A Far L'Amore Comincia Tu) and I'm sure Madonna's choreographer knows her work. I think it's a cute wink at vintage pop culture.

Now compare:

This is the Tuca Tuca at 1:13

Now check Madonna and Brahim's dance at 6:57

[media=]

See the similarities?

:roadrunner:

Guest Fukujima

this bitch is a super iconic italian singer very well known in Italy, Spain and South America with the only exception of maybe Brazil and few more countries. At her peak she was successfull in Germany, Austria and some eastern european countries too. I am sure this coreography was intentionally created similar to Raffaella's one. Also, and i am sorry to bring up her name here, i guess Lady Gaga was inspired by her too as her best friend is Nicola Formichetti ( he used to be Gaga's stylist & he designs for Thierry Mugler ) who mentioned Raffaella as one of his inspirations.

gallery29448-082eb.jpg

raffaella-carra-38337.jpg

here's the video where Madonna and Raffaella met during the Music's promotion in Europe :inlove:

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUREdAzzRtM&feature=related[/media]

I think it's a cute wink at vintage pop culture.

Now check Madonna and Brahim's dance at 6:57

[media=]

Definetly a nice wink from a gay icon to another (albeit more local and of a past era), she is one of the most famous Italian faces in some countries of the world. The only Italians more famous worldwide might be Sophia Loren, Miuccia Prada, Donatella Versace, Stefano Gabbana and Domenico Dolce, Valentino, Giorgio Armani, Monica Bellucci to some degree, Laura Pausini (same) and unfortunately Silvio Berlusconi .... oh and yes Leonardo Da Vinci

It's an obvious homage, which I love.

Long live queen Carrá!

And if we are talking about QUEEN Raffa's most artistique video that is dripping with dark intense energy then of course we have RUMORE.. in which QUEEN Raffa is looking upon paparazzi footage of herself whilst doing her trademark WHIPLASH INJURY neck choreog!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61zXKspRqDI

And if we are talking about QUEEN Raffa's most artistique video that is dripping with dark intense energy then of course we have RUMORE.. in which QUEEN Raffa is looking upon paparazzi footage of herself whilst doing her trademark WHIPLASH INJURY neck choreog!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61zXKspRqDI

Omg look at 1:49 :ohmy:

That's the clear inspiration for the 'Turn Up the Radio' video :mellow:

Is the MDNA Era a tribute to Queen Raffaella :popcorn2:

I've known "Rumore" all my life because my mum had her albums, but I only connected to the song recently after watching her perform it on youtube.

of course it´s been inspired by the Tuca tuca!!!! I guess mdonna doesn´t know it, it´s more a thing of the choreographer

and raffaella is the best!

Who is the current coreographer?

Or at least 10 seconds of it...

Ok so, Raffaella Carra is this huge italian Icon from the 70s, 80s and 90s, she is basically the world's first 'female pop star', if we were to consider the definition of today

BAAAHAHAHAH!!!!!