Madonna scraps plan to tour Australia!

Camacho

No. I really can't believe people who get multiple Madonna tours in a row have the nerve to come on here and argue about it and call us selfish for wanting to see her ONCE in our lifetime. Maybe step out of this thread since it doesn't concern you anyway.

This is a Madonna forum. This is a Madonna related forum. I'm a Madonna fan. Why would I "step out" of this thread? Unless I missed the "Australians-only" tag.

I don't think anyone is calling you selfish for wanting to see her. I think most people here understand the dissapointment and frustration. But the Madonna trashing from some users is getting a bit over the top and it's starting to spill over the other threads. I'm not even talking about you specifically. And I'm not asking anyone to "step out" this or any thread. We all have our rights to express ourselves. I'm just stating my opinion which seems to be shared by others as well.

Guest bluejean

This is a Madonna forum. This is a Madonna related forum. I'm a Madonna fan. Why would I "step out" of this thread? Unless I missed the "Australians-only" tag.

I don't think anyone is calling you selfish for wanting to see her. I think most people here understand the dissapointment and frustration. But the Madonna trashing from some users is getting a bit over the top and it's starting to spill over the other threads. I'm not even talking about you specifically. And I'm not asking anyone to "step out" this or any thread. We all have our rights to express ourselves. I'm just stating my opinion which seems to be shared by others as well.

You are free to say whatever you want but all I'm saying is why add fuel to a blazing fire when the whole issue doesn't even effect you at all? Obviously we are upset and the last thing we want to hear is "Madonna doesn't owe Australia anything" etc. Now I don't think it were you that said that anyway but there have definitely been posts along those lines which piss me off alot.

And yes I agree people attacking Madonna and burning their Madonna stuff is way OTT. I'm sure none of them are actually doing it, unless they are mentally unstable (a possibility actually come to think of it.)

As always Vande, your humanity shines through :inlove: and you too chellehighness :)

There are two or three shit stirrers in here, on both sides of the table. I won't be similarly narrow minded and weak and play into their hands. The ignore feature is really quite wonderful....they have nothing of worth to say in here so I'm sure I won't miss anything they have to say elsewhere (can't say I've even noticed these people at all up until now.....trolls maybe)

It's kinda rude and selfish how some have even suggested she shoud've done Australia before Latin America so if she was going to cancel some dates it would've been those.

She last visited South America in 2008. She last visited Australia in 1993. It kinda makes sense that she should visit Australia again before she visits South America, don't you think? Same hemisphere, same weather conditions. If thinking that she should visit a major market that she hasn't been to for 19 years instead of one that she visited four years ago makes me "rude and selfish", then so be it. It's obvious that travelling to the southern hemisphere is problematic for whatever reason, so it's just common sense that if she can only visit one territory below the equator, then it should be the one she hasn't been to for two decades. If she'd been to Australia in 2008 and then decided to come here again instead of visiting South America this time, perhaps you'd feel differently.

She last visited South America in 2008. She last visited Australia in 1993. It kinda makes sense that she should visit Australia again before she visits South America, don't you think?

No.

No.

Oh my God....your brilliantly persuasive and well-reasoned response has made me see the light! I've changed my mind......! Thank you, Nessie - thank you from the bottom of my heart! :dramatic:

You can go back to Scotland now! I hear Madonna's performing there next week.....

Oh my God....your brilliantly persuasive and well-reasoned response has made me see the light! I've changed my mind......! Thank you, Nessie - thank you from the bottom of my heart! :dramatic:

You can go back to Scotland now! I hear Madonna's performing there next week.....

Why should i try to persuade you Carta? You have your point and i don't agree with it. You know that these shows are not setup with that "logic" in mind. Just stop fantasise.

I agree wholeheartedly that some people are overreacting in a major way to the latest turn of events (everyone deals with disappointment in their own way), but I don't understand why some people have to keep telling Australians how selfish we are and how we think we're better than everyone else etc. etc. It's ALWAYS those who get to see her at least once a decade (those who live in places she has never visited don't seem to participate in the conversations). As others have pointed out, we're on Madonna, Guy and Live Nation's radar - they've all mentioned us at some stage. It's one thing to not even hint that you're going to visit a country (most of Asia, Africa etc.), but unless you live in the one country in the world that has been mentioned by someone close to Madonna as being a desired destination for every tour since 2001, it's impossible to know what it feels like.

We're not owed a tour (no one is), but we absolutely deserve one.

Of course you absolutely deserve one! Everyone does! I just don't see why even mention South America in this mess. It has nothing to do with it, she could tour Australia with or without her Latin America shows. But for reasons that we can't be sure (it's probably financial logistic reason) she won't do it for now. But to say that SHE SHOULD tour Australia before South America or not tour South America at all because they have had her in 2008 is ridiculous and selfish.

Ah hugs San, Carta and my other Aussie M Family

To those Aussie 'fans' calling M a cunt or bitch and constantly saying they are leaving and over her, move on ok, we aernt your councillers here, there's one 'fan' that may need some professional help. She was going to tour but she didn't, it's not the end of the world.

Thanks to all the international MNation members for your support too :)

Nessie.....Jesus brought that up, not Carta. He responded to it is all.

I think everyone should read the posts in here a little more carefully before making generalisations. There are two posters in support of Australia (that I recall) that have made genuinely and repeated negative comments towards M....please don't paint us all with the same brush.

Nessie.....Jesus brought that up, not Carta. He responded to it is all.

I think everyone should read the posts in here a little more carefully before making generalisations. There are two posters in support of Australia (that I recall) that have made genuinely and repeated negative comments towards M....please don't paint us all with the same brush.

I won't. I'm sorry if you felt offended. I'm not putting you or Carta in this brush. I just can't fathom the "logic" to bring the South America dates to this situation. It has nothing to do with it and irritates me that some furious posters are suggesting that she should not tour there or put those dates after Australia because if anything happens she can cancel it without compromising the "priority" Australian dates. That pisses me off and i'm sure a lot of fans too.

Sorry to upset you, Nessie. On the plus side, at least you know how a lot of Australians are feeling.....

Will you be able to see the show yourself? I hope so (and I'm not being facetious).

All good here. Though this whole situation has brought on my 'lady time' a week early so I'll be a right bitch for the next few days.....as if I wasn't already :rotfl:

Sorry to upset you, Nessie. On the plus side, at least you know how a lot of Australians are feeling.....

Will you be able to see the show yourself? I hope so (and I'm not being facetious).

Yes i will in Brazil and like everyone else i was TOTALLY expecting the Australian dates to happen like every media outlet pointed out. Everything was so clear that it's still a shock that it's not happening. I still can't believe that having the SS Tour record in mind she won't do Australia and a second leg in the Asian market. The demand IS there, so if they couldnt manage to resolve the logistic somebody really screwed it big time (it's hard to believe that Madonna herself said "no" for it but... never know). I hope to God that she is not doing it to venture in a movie again. That would make the Aussies livid.

So is it "officaly" canceled? Beause the only thing i'm seeing is a reply from LV saying "The tour is ending in South American as planned, that's all we can say", that to me means it is'nt canceled, but there are 2 legs...

Still no word at all about this.. no comment, no statement, just business as usual, raking in the fan dollars

Fuck you bitch... what a fuckin shit cunt

It's so fuckin over

Why are you still here then? :dramatic:

San - this week's ads for "The Shire" are using a "Material Girl" type song.....!

Those two things shouldn't be mixed :/

So is it "officaly" canceled? Beause the only thing i'm seeing is a reply from LV saying "The tour is ending in South American as planned, that's all we can say", that to me means it is'nt canceled, but there are 2 legs...

The tour is ending......ending! Let's not read into this anymore. My poor soul can't take it :dramatic:

Some here are handing in their fan cards because Madonna's not coming to Australia. Over at Icon, some are handing in their cards because they think the whole Golden Triangle set up is unfair and they've yet to win entry in spite of attending multiple shows. It's all relative, isn't it? It doesn't matter what our situation is, we'll always be missing out on something in one way or another, and others will always feel that we're overreacting by being upset about it.

I wish self righteous fuckwits that are not in Australia would just shut the fuck up and get the hell out of this thread and let people vent.. who the fuck do you think you are to tell me what to feel or say.. fuck you!!

Ive had to put up with bitter queens whinging and saying the most awful things about Madonna for years now, because they didn't like an album or photoshoot etc.. I mean please just shut the fuck up.

I still think she is cunt for not touring Aus after they clearly said they would but seriously life goes on. Doesn't mean I am going to hand in my fan card. Plus I went shopping today with my tour fund and spending money always makes me happy. Unless it's for bills. I hate bills.