EDINBURGH - July 21st (12:51 stans for Scotland & his mom, throws chancla)

Ai Papi Si.

I think the Girlie Show suffered from the same backlash, wasn't it?

no! The Girlie Show had excellent critics and audience loved it!

and the revie 5/5...it talks about madonna singing like a virgin and she didn´t! that´s journalism!!!!

anyways, she hasn´t been lucky in the UK.hope the problems stop now

no! The Girlie Show had excellent critics and audience loved it!

and the revie 5/5...it talks about madonna singing like a virgin and she didn´t! that´s journalism!!!!

anyways, she hasn´t been lucky in the UK.hope the problems stop now

The Girlie Show got blasted by Piers Morgan. I don't recall what paper he was writing for at the time, but he gave it a scathing review and I don't think he was the only one. Didn't they give her a hard time in Australia too? Maybe overall the reviews were good, but I don't think she's ever escaped scathing articles each time around.

Arrived into the golden circle at 5.15pm to Madonna rehearsing Revolver, Gang Bang, I don't give A, Turn up the Radio, Express Yourself, Gimme all your lovin, Candy Shop, I'm addicted, I'm a sinner, celebration..... Basically most of the concert!!! Whilst she was rehearsing she mentioned about a curfue and possibly being cut short if they pulled the plug. The sound check was amazing!! It seemed like she was being thorough because of the problems from Birmingham. I'm addicted was rehearsed with full dance routine but then not performed!!! Human Nature ended, Nobody Knows Me video was played with no 'wire' dance routine then led straight into I'm a sinner!! A real dissapointment to drop Like A Virgin...!

The Girlie Show got blasted by Piers Morgan. I don't recall what paper he was writing for at the time, but he gave it a scathing review and I don't think he was the only one. Didn't they give her a hard time in Australia too? Maybe overall the reviews were good, but I don't think she's ever escaped scathing articles each time around.

really? my news here were that people loved it and that even the hardest critics thought it was a good show, that even Erotica´s songs were good live...anyways that was pre-internet, pre everything so the info was very bad in Spain.By the way, The Blond ambition tour had very bad reviews in spain too, and look how is praised now

changing the topic, they should explain something now!

Oh what a night! Madonna's concert in Edinburgh was certainly a night to remember, for a whole bunch of reasons. Here's a short recap of what happened tonight at Murrayfield.

- Early Entry fans were treated with an extremely long sound-check. Even fans with general admission tickets had a chance to enjoy part of it.

- During the sound check Madonna mentioned that they were having problems with local authorities who were imposing a curfew for the show. Madonna said that if they were going to pull the plug, that would not be their's fault. Madonna also joked saying that they were doing an special extra long sound-check just in case the show was going to cut short.

- And that's exactly what happened! At the end of "Human Nature" no piano raised from the stage and instead the "Nobody Knows Me" interlude started. "Like A Virgin" was not performed and also the dancers' and slackliners' performance during the interlude was missing. At the same time it started raining and that left fans confused about the reason for this change in the setlist. Then, the interlude ended and the Kalakan trio appeared on stage. "I'm A Sinner" started and we realized that also "I'm Addicted" was going to miss from tonight's show.

- The show ended 2 minutes before 11 PM. There was no mention of the shorter setlist nor an official explanation yet. While rain wasn't helping, Madonna performed both "Like A Prayer" and "Celebration" on the main stage as well as on the catwalk exposed to the elements, so it seems that a 11 PM curfew is the reason for tonight's change in plans.

- The show started in twilight with the sky still completely lit - and we think this is worth reporting as the initial comments about what happened tonight at Murrayfield will certainly take into consideration the chance to start the show earlier as it happened in London. Actually everything was ready and we don't see Madonna being "lazy" and coming on stage at 9.30 instead of 9.10, so the amount of daylight in the Scottish skies tonight could have played its part.

- The Madonna speech was also pretty short and there wasn't any "Sagarra Jo" moment with the fans at the end of the Kalakan performance.

- Madonna wore a leather jacket to keep herself warm during "Turn Up The Radio" and later took it off "because you know how to make a girl sweat".

Source MadonnaTribe

https://www.facebook...339395392810251

hated queing for gc, loved the long soundcheck like others have mentioned she also did like 10 seconds of vogue. i had a good spot by the tip of the stage. hated that i couldnt dance because everyone was so scrunched together. what annoyed me the most is the missing songs. oh well, it was even better to see in person and i loved her counting down in a scottish accent and bringing up that last time she was in scotland she got married. anyway, off to bed!

Haters can kiss my gorgeous spanish ass, really?? It IS an incredible show, daily shit should go back to know what journalism is, even though i guess is too late

If I pretend to hate Madonna can I kiss your gorgeous Spanish ass too? :think:

Just home from Edinburgh. So, thanks to a great friend I scored golden triangle tickets so was able to roll up around 8:45 with a guaranteed great vantage point thinking we'd have an hour or so to soak up the vibes before she started. The stadium was packed and what a great atmosphere. No booze allowed in the triangle so we downed our beers just outside the GT entrance as the dancers and band walked by onto the stage then the whole stadium erupted as a fleet of cars pulled up beside the stage, everyone assuming it was Madge arriving.. About 15 minutes later she started - in broad daylight - which looked like shit to be honest. We stayed in the middle of the triangle mainly but LOADS of room to move with her as she paraded the catwalk. Could have fitted LOADS more in easily. A little tiny spit of rain about 3/4 way thru, and not cold at all tbh.

She looked great, seemed to lip sync a lot.

Have to say I thought she'd bring something special for her first show in Scotland but i've never seen her go through the motions as much as she did tonight. She coudn't get the show over fast enough, said about two lines to the audience "last time I got married, let's hope this time brings more positive memories" or something. No Like A Virgin which is the EMOTIONAL CORE of the show, No i'm Addicted,. An ABSOLUTE JOKE. Is this the first time ever she's cut songs from a show? Oh and no Rocco either.

I've never known Murrayfield to be mega strict on it's curfew and it's never pulled the plug on an artist for running over before.so I don't know what the reasoning was here. I'm glad the early entries got a long soudcheck but either start a bit earlier or take a risk and play on.....

I just have this really disappointed feeling which sucks like anything. She seemed SO uninterested tonight. But hey ho, the singalongs on the bus to and back was fun....

Let's just say the backing tracks were high and the mic was low for the first section. I'm well aware she switches it up from show to show

Anyway, I don't want to sound like a moaning minnie. I still really enjoyed it, mostly because of being so close. But yeah, hoped for a special show on home turf but didn't happen this time. Oh well, off to bed.

After the things I hear from some of these shows, I never want to see Madonna in a stadium (even though a massive crowd that is really excited would be awesome).

One of the comments

The reviewers posting here are "little monsters" who didn't actually see the show. There is a blog for Lady Gaga that gives this link so people can write bad comments. I was there and the show was fantastic. The stadium was very close to being full. I wasn't much of a Madge fan but I am now.

If they're really doing that, how pathetic are these people? :lol: I guess it's expected. Some of the comments are very similar and written right after one another (2,3,4 & 5). :lmao: Some of the comments can't even get basic info right (she cut 4 songs?).

Posted on Tribe

Comments on twitter

Jilliantraynor : Through no fault of her own MDNA was big let down as sound system terrible at our seats. Never seen so many people walk out mid concert

geo2210: Madonna was pretty awesome, had murrayfield bouncing

JennaG79: sorry Madge but I'm glad I didn't have to pay for my tickets to your concert

jillscott73: Back from seeing Madonna at Murrayfield - what a fab night and she has still got it!!!

km747: Madonna can still command a stage but sadly fails her fans by not singing enough of her back catalogue. MDNA good but could be better

JR75: What a disappointment Magde was tonight! Worst concert ever

LisaJM07: Home from Madonna Murrayfield and feel disappointed. Sound was awful, setlist was terrible and the ladies toilets were a disgrace

suziefaetheK: Have had an awesome night at MDNA concert

Guest bluejean

No, just a Madonna concert where she didn't speak and cut songs out.

Which is what Janet Jackson does.

Well I thought she was really good, we would all miss her if she stopped touring so I don't know why everybody isn't happy I thought it was a great show.

She could've overran though it would've only been about 11.15/20pm when she finished. Not that late really.

Edited by iainmdna

I was devastated that the motel didn't come out in our Birmingham show, now reading about Edinburgh that sounds so not important. Cutting two songs would have really pissed me off. I'm feeling for you guys! Shows starting in broad day light is a no no too. Things should have been organised better, maybe different venues etc.

Edited by smirnoff_ice

Well whoever said there would be ridiculous headlines about her using guns the day after that Batman shooting were right.

Headline of the Sunday Post:

"Madonna: Scots gig shock as star defies gun pleas"

Also,

Sunday Mail: Madonna shocks using guns in stage routine less than 48 hours after Denver massacre"

Oh please. The press needs to grow up.

& Thankyou Wright, not just me that thought the crowd were up for it then!

Edited by iainmdna

I am still a little upset about the cutting of Like A Virgin and I'm Addicted,luckily got to see her soundcheck I'm Addicted but I was sooooo looking forward LAVas was at the very tip of the stage. Oh well at least I saw it Hyde Park.

I get the feeling that the cut was only decided during JML interlude as her mood seemed to be different after that. If only she had bothered to appear earlier. Oh well still a brilliant show

From what I heard walking amongst crowd afterwards and read on twitter the sound further back and up in the higher parts of the stadium was shocking, also a lot of casual fans, by that I mean the ones that have Immaculate Collection and nothing else were very disappointed. Silly Bitches

Also the soundcheck was Amazing. She did soooo much of the show Girl Gone Wild (the blocks didn't work at the start) Revolver, Gang Bang, the lift during Hung Up.

She also did I Dont Give A, in full, in fact during the first verse she forgot the words. She did the last part of Vogue at the front of the stage leading into Candy Shop. Did Express Yourself, Turn Up the Radio, I'm Addicted and Celebration in full from what I remember.

The funniest part is when she wanted to know how to count to 4 in Scottish, eventually she was counting to 10 in a rather ropey Scottish accent. During the actual show her 1-4 in express yourself was again in the same ropeyscottish accent