South America Tour Dates

Guest groovyguy

Guest boytoyville

With the exception of Medellin and Porto Alegre, the shows in Latin America are selling good but not exceptional as in 2008.

And I hope this will be considered by Live Nation, which is charging absurd prices for tickets.

The name of the Madonna alone sells thousands of tickets, but if they want the public expected, they urgently need to review these values​​.

For example, in 2008 GA tickets for Sao Paulo cost (U.S. dollars) $130. Today the figure is $200.

Imagine, $ 200 for a standing far away is insane.

I agree but I do know that the insurance liability and costs of production are much higher in SA. Not saying those prices aren't high but as other have stated other acts have actually charged similar prices that aren't even Madonna status. That being said Madonna does fantastic in places she hasn't been to on previous tours. Live Nation needs to branch out more. She does exceptional when skipping an area for a tour or two and going back or going places totally new. It's so obvious. That being said the tour will be a massive success. They always are.

With the exception of Medellin and Porto Alegre, the shows in Latin America are selling good but not exceptional as in 2008.

yes... this 2012 tour in South America is not even half yet of the success S&S enjoyed 4 years ago...

we'll see, it's still more than half year to go anyway...

I'm still surprised that Colombia had a sold out date in less than 12 hours and our prices were almost the same as Brazil.

That's obvious. It's her first show in Colombia, the hype is unbelievable. As was Brazil in 2008 after 15 years without Madonna.

That's obvious. It's her first show in Colombia, the hype is unbelievable. As was Brazil in 2008 after 15 years without Madonna.

So why have they not added a second show then to capitalise on the hype?

So why have they not added a second show then to capitalise on the hype?

That's up to Madonna. She probably want to spend some more time with her kids. :lol:

It's not a producer's decision, it's her's.

Probably because they dont expect to sell out in hours.. And with this schedule, they dont have time to add an aditional date.

I think LN expect better sales in Sao Paulo, not Medellin and Porto Alegre.

Probably because they dont expect to sell out in hours.. And with this schedule, they dont have time to add an aditional date.

I think LN expect better sales in Sao Paulo, not Medellin and Porto Alegre.

Well forget about multiple shows in the expected markets and add second ones in the markets that are performing well. Its the usual thing, where she has not been there is insatiable demand. Look at Brazil and Argentina during S&S.

Argentina Prices

VIP Package - $475

VIP Field - $315

Low and medium stalls - between $200 and $360

Field - $145

High stalls - $90

General - $55

All prices more than double the ones in 2008. I don't think she will be able to sellout 3-4 shows in Buenos Aires (even more taking into account she is playing in Cordoba too).

I got VIP field tickets since I didn't get the difference between those and the VIP package (which only includes a gift and special entrance. No mention of the triangle pit).

Argentina Prices

VIP Package - $475

VIP Field - $315

Low and medium stalls - between $200 and $360

Field - $145

High stalls - $90

General - $55

wow

So possibly going for the less shows than S&S but lets make the same amount of money? If so, I don't think its the right approach. Prices can only go so high before it starts to have a negative impact.

She will be lucky to sellout 2 River Stadiums with those prices. There is no high demand like in 2008 to see her and prices are way higher than expected. Field tickets, which is where more of the casual fans go, are almost triple the price from 2008. Several co-workers and friends (who went to Sticky&Sweet) told me already that they are not going with those prices.

I think this may open the oppotunity for her to do another country like Perú. I bet she does 2 Buenos Aires and 1 Cordoba, maybe one more for one of the cities, but not more. We'll see this Saturday when everybody in Argentina can start buying the tickets.

BTW those are Buenos Aires prices. This are Cordoba's:

VIP Package - $450

VIP Field - $225

Low and medium stalls - between $180 and $270

High stalls - $170

Field - $112

General - $65

Edited by Beastialg

I REFUSE to pay HIGH price ticks this time around! I will just buy one cheap-O ticket to say I was there and will wait for the DVD to watch in the comfort of my home when is released.

I would rather spend this money travelling to a place I have never been with my bf! *FACT*

I REFUSE to pay HIGH price ticks this time around! I will just buy one cheap-O ticket to say I was there and will wait for the DVD to watch in the comfort of my home when is released.

I would rather spend this money travelling to a place I have never been with my bf! *FACT*

It's so sad see those ridiculous prices...

Probably with the "normal" ticket prices she sell out in minutes the same nights from 2008, and with the new cities like porto alegre, cordoba and medellin, mdna tour should be the biggest tour EVER in latin america.

Guest jamesshot

People shouldn't expect Madonna to sell out in minutes every time. That just isn't realistic. Her shows are a long way off. She'll have no problem selling out before the shows. She played most of these places last time, which isn't a bad thing, it just means she will sell more slowly but just as well this time. Her prices are high but who knows what everything costs in total. I do think the prices are a bit high but they are so worth it.

A friend of mine spoke with a Live Nation person a few months ago and she said Madonna was committed to focusing mostly on Austalia since she hasn't been there in 20 years and has promised but failed to bring her tour there numerous times.

People shouldn't expect Madonna to sell out in minutes every time. That just isn't realistic. Her shows are a long way off. She'll have no problem selling out before the shows. She played most of these places last time, which isn't a bad thing, it just means she will sell more slowly but just as well this time. Her prices are high but who knows what everything costs in total. I do think the prices are a bit high but they are so worth it.

A friend of mine spoke with a Live Nation person a few months ago and she said Madonna was committed to focusing mostly on Austalia since she hasn't been there in 20 years and has promised but failed to bring her tour there numerous times.

:thumbsup:

yes... this 2012 tour in South America is not even half yet of the success S&S enjoyed 4 years ago...

we'll see, it's still more than half year to go anyway...

If we had got The Confessions Tour as previous, instead of S&S it would be another story. During the S&S I saw a lot of people just not feeling the show and not even impresed. So I guess that's why they aren't trying hard this time.

isn't manila over priced for all concerts in general though?

i think i paid $200 for top tickets to a RIHANNA/CHRIS BROWN show... i actually didn't think of it as overpriced as that's how they also charge in other places...

if MADONNA charges $500 for top seats, no prob... lots of people will pay for that show...

Girls Gone Wild is currently being used every afternoon in a popular TV show, Big Brother Teen Edition btw...