South America Tour Dates

Guest groovyguy

The tickets in Santiago de Chile are between: USD 57 (the lowest) to USD 625 (the most expensive)

In Colombia between 68 USD and 400 USD.

Are they fucking kidding me? It's like they don't want to sell out. $400 and $625? Are these VIP packages or regular top priced tickets? Even the lowest prices are too high, higher than some US and Euro tickets. :doh:

This is a repeat of the overpriced Israeli and Moscow shows. The prices are way too much for the places she's playing in. This makes me even more nervous about her not selling out, especially whatever multiple planned nights they might have. I don't even want to know what they're planning for Oz. :scared:

How do these prices compare to S&ST 2008 prices?

What are the prices in Mexico and Brazil?

Edited by Louise Oriole

Are they fucking kidding me? It's like they don't want to sell out. $400 and $625? Are these VIP packages or regular top priced tickets? Even the lowest prices are too high, higher than some US and Euro tickets. :doh:

This is a repeat of the overpriced Israeli and Moscow shows. The prices are way too much for the places she's playing in. This makes me even more nervous about her not selling out, especially whatever multiple planned nights they might have. I don't even want to know what they're planning for Oz. :scared:

How do these prices compare to S&ST 2008 prices?

What are the prices in Mexico and Brazil?

In Brazil the lowest is $70 and the premium is $500. Very expensive for sure but we have some very rich people here and normal citizens are getting richer. I'm sure will sold out all the shows. It happened in '08 and will happen this time. Madonna is such an respected icon in Brazil. We bow to her whenever we get the chance.

:bow:

Please somebody could help me with my doubts? They are in the previous page! :horn:

Guest groovyguy

Medellin pre-sale starts today!

Just a quick reminder that the first Icon ticket pre-sale for the new South American dates announced yesterday begins today Tuesday, April 17, at 10 AM local times for Legacy members / 11 AM local times for Live Pass members.

The first show to go on fanclub pre sale is the November, 28 concert at the Estadio Atanasio Girardot in Medellin, Colombia.

Tomorrow more shows will be added to this week's presale, including the November 24 gig at Foro Sol in Mexico City, and two Brazilian dates in Sao Paulo (December 4) and Porto Alegre (December 9).

ad_brazil_502.jpg

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't the promoters set the ticket prices? I thought they basically signed a contract with Madonna guaranteeing her a certain amount (like $5 million per stadium show or 90% of ticket sales - whichever is greater). So in order for the promoter to turn a profit, they gouge on the ticket price. Am I wrong?

Medellin pre-sale starts today!

Just a quick reminder that the first Icon ticket pre-sale for the new South American dates announced yesterday begins today Tuesday, April 17, at 10 AM local times for Legacy members / 11 AM local times for Live Pass members.

The first show to go on fanclub pre sale is the November, 28 concert at the Estadio Atanasio Girardot in Medellin, Colombia.

VIP package in Medellin sold out in 15 minutes!!!!!!!

I have my ticket!!!!! Front row!!!! :wow:

The prices in Chile are almost the same than with S&S. Santiago is certainly an expensive venue. Some Chilean people prefer to travel to Argentina to see some acts which is less expensive than here, but anyway, the tour will be sold out. I'm sure about it!

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't the promoters set the ticket prices? I thought they basically signed a contract with Madonna guaranteeing her a certain amount (like $5 million per stadium show or 90% of ticket sales - whichever is greater). So in order for the promoter to turn a profit, they gouge on the ticket price. Am I wrong?

No, I think you are right. That's why the Moscow prices were far more outrageous than the St Petersburg prices even though they were both in Russia (different promoters). I think Tribe said that Guy O put pressure on the promoter to lower the prices in Moscow after fans complained to him. I just think the prices are way too high for those countries and whomever is setting the prices is nuts, but I hope she sells out. She really doesn't need anymore bad press or half empty stadiums.

Guest xnerel

me quiero volver chango.. 10,000 el boleto mas caro para ver a madonna y 5000 el mas barato.. por favor q el mas caro sea paquete o algo!!!!!

In Brazil the lowest is $70 and the premium is $500. Very expensive for sure but we have some very rich people here and normal citizens are getting richer. I'm sure will sold out all the shows. It happened in '08 and will happen this time. Madonna is such an respected icon in Brazil. We bow to her whenever we get the chance.

:bow:

Please somebody could help me with my doubts? They are in the previous page! :horn:

Brazil & Chile can afford it. I've seen big boxscores from stadium shows there in the past. Colombia? That I dunno. That show might be too expensive for that area.

Guest boytoyville

I don't know why people get so bent out of shape. The prices are smiliar to the last time she did South America and they are used to these prices. Pop acts lke Britney, Shakira, U2, etc... all ask prices higher than in US or Europe on the high end. It's because it's expensive to produce these shows doen their. Travel and Production costs goes up and it dirves the prices up. If you want big pop acts to perform in SA you have to accept the facts.

Also, Madonna has mever played to a half empty stadium in her life according to the boxscores. We go through this EVERY tour. People said Confessions and Stiacky and Sweet were going to be epic sales failures and they broke records. When will people get it.

I'm sure she'll either sellout everywhere in SA or end up with a highly profitable show. Colombia is the only show that has me a tad worried. Is this her first show ever in Colombia? I think is it, that alone will likely get people to pay to see her show. Commercials saying "Madonna, for the first time in Colombia" will be highly effective.

Well, one thing is for sure, it will be interesting to see how that show sells.

Brazil & Chile can afford it. I've seen big boxscores from stadium shows there in the past. Colombia? That I dunno. That show might be too expensive for that area.

I am not sure about per capita incomes, but I believe Colombia actually has a bigger economy than Chile by about 50%.

I am not sure about per capita incomes, but I believe Colombia actually has a bigger economy than Chile by about 50%.

The Rolling Stones & U2 both skipped Colombia in their last tours of SA. But, interestingly, Colombia seems to be more open to paying for female pop acts. I'm sure Madonna will have a very successful show there, I'm just not sure if it will be as successful as Chile. Chile has a long history of hosting concerts by the top touring acts. Colombia? Not as much.

The Rolling Stones & U2 both skipped Colombia in their last tours of SA. But, interestingly, Colombia seems to be more open to paying for female pop acts. I'm sure Madonna will have a very successful show there, I'm just not sure if it will be as successful as Chile. Chile has a long history of hosting concerts by the top touring acts. Colombia? Not as much.

They skipped us for techincal and logistic problems with our stadiums (taxes were REALLY expensive those years). This year our president signed a new law reducing those taxes in 60%.