South America Tour Dates

Guest groovyguy

Do M's Buenos Aires shows include standing-room-only (general admission) tickets on the field? Or will there be seats on the field?

I heard a story about how U2 couldn't do River Plate (and had to do Estadio Unico instead) on their last tour, because River Plate had a "No People Standing on the Field" policy.

Do M's Buenos Aires shows include standing-room-only (general admission) tickets on the field? Or will there be seats on the field?

I heard a story about how U2 couldn't do River Plate (and had to do Estadio Unico instead) on their last tour, because River Plate had a "No People Standing on the Field" policy.

Standing, the no standing policy lasted for a short while.

The 2nd Mexican date is going to sell slower, but it's already sold over 50% a while ago. The prices are higher than during SST. Also, when she went for SST, she had not been there in a long time. It's normal things are slower now and it doesn't help that they had stories about a massive free Madonna concert at the Zocalo. If someone's just a casual fan or not a fan and the prices are too much, then I'd expect these people to hold off for the Zocalo show, which might not even happen as it was never official.

With the Australian dates being cancelled I wonder if she will one more date in South America.

She could do an additional show in Porto Alegre on December 8.

She could also perform another date on December 11 in Peru or Venezuela.

Peru, Venezuela and Uruguay have no chances after negotiations fell through.

If the Olympia gig gets good feedback (and really is somewhat different from the main show) she should try something similar in Brazil or Argentina. She would sell out that show in a heartbeat even with high prices and she has enough room to add a new date on those places.

With the Australian dates being cancelled I wonder if she will one more date in South America.

She could do an additional show in Porto Alegre on December 8.

She could also perform another date on December 11 in Peru or Venezuela.

PA market is not big enough for two shows. Rio dont have chances because there were 90,000 tickets on sale. And the second SP date is not selling so fast. I have no idea how many tickets are left, the only numbers spoken were 100,000 tickets sold on the firsts 3 dates.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Madonna's brazilian audience is more masculine than Lady Gaga's, indicates survey

1_madonna.jpg

A survey made by the producer Time For Fun, responsible for bringing to the country Madonna's and Lady Gaga's world tours, reveals the profile of the audience that will see the singers's shows in São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro.

On Madonna's dates, men will be majority: 57,33% of the audience. On Lady Gaga's, girls and boys represent the same percentage, 50%. But, if Lady Gaga's shows are analyzed separately, the expectation is that the artist attracts more men on Morumbi Stadium, 53%, and more women on Parque dos Atletas, 53%.

Another difference on the divas's audiences is the age group. Madonna's fans with ages between 26 - 35 are 47,67%, 36 - 45 are 26,67% and 17 - 25, 14,67%. Among Lady Gaga's fans, 46,5% are between 16 - 25, 30,5% between 26 - 35 and 11% have 36 - 45 anos.

The passage of the blondes for Brazil won't attract only cariocas(RJ) and paulistas(SP). Estimate indicates that around 53% of Madonna's audience on Rio will come of other states. On Morumbi, the percentage will be 28%. Meanwhile with Lady Gaga, these fans will be 31% on Parque dos Atletas and 24% on São Paulo. The majority comes from Minas Gerais for both tours.

Madonna and Lady Gaga must reunite around 420 thousand people with dates in São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Porto Alegre at the end of the year.

http://blogs.estadao.com.br/radar-cultural/publico-brasileiro-de-madonna-e-mais-masculino-que-o-de-lady-gaga-aponta-levantamento/