GIRL GONE WILD: NEW THREAD

Yummy

"Titanium" and "Somebody That I Used To Know" are actually fairly old songs - they just took a while to be released/promoted in the northern hemisphere. Here in Australia, they're very much "last year's" news.... :) This just highlights that "current" is relative. What's current for you guys is old news here...

Er yes, I'm aware they're songs from last year but I wasn't professing to put a precise timeline on things. When I said "current" I just meant recent chart stuff.

Guest bluejean

the song was released OCTOBER 17 and the EMA'S were NOVEMBER 3.

HEAL HEAL

Exactly! So we have a good few weeks before we need to welcome in the "Why isn't she doing promotion" brigade :lol:

THAT performance is amazing though I do agree. Something of that caliber would be good.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

420569_3040777652080_1042220884_32906449_1602877547_n.jpg

He also thinks the song is #1 EVERYWHERE and it has already sold 2 millions downloads :lol:

But he's essentially right... no matter what amount of promo shoved down one's throat, it's up to the people. If they don't like it, it ain't gonna go anywhere. I suspect people are bombarding him as well as Guy O., asking why Madonna isn't whoring this song out to any TV show or what not that is out there. Good grief, the song has been available to the public for two days. It's been only heard for about a week. What happened to letting songs just take on a little life of their own. I certainly hadn't seen the band "Fun" out promoting their song before it hit the top ten and number one on Itunes these last few weeks. There are a number of other artists who are doing well on the charts and on radio who aren't whoring out their song at any chance they can. Look at Adele, she's been absent from the stage for months due to her surgery and her album and songs were doing extremely well even before she performed on the Grammys.

Sorry if it is mentioned before, Is this the release date for UK?

Madonna: 'Girl Gone Wild' - Single review

Released on Monday, Apr 2 2012

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/singlesreviews/a369057/madonna-girl-gone-wild-single-review.html

Yes, you could be right unless they have got confused with the Masterpiece release as that's the same day. They could be releasing a double A side single but how does that work in the charts? I can see it would work in a physical format but on iTunes songs work individually don't they?

No mention of it on amazon.co.uk yet either

But he's essentially right... no matter what amount of promo shoved down one's throat, it's up to the people. If they don't like it, it ain't gonna go anywhere. I suspect people are bombarding him as well as Guy O., asking why Madonna isn't whoring this song out to any TV show or what not that is out there. Good grief, the song has been available to the public for two days. It's been only heard for about a week. What happened to letting songs just take on a little life of their own. I certainly hadn't seen the band "Fun" out promoting their song before it hit the top ten and number one on Itunes these last few weeks. There are a number of other artists who are doing well on the charts and on radio who aren't whoring out their song at any chance they can. Look at Adele, she's been absent from the stage for months due to her surgery and her album and songs were doing extremely well even before she performed on the Grammys.

It's true, GMAYL was promoted to death in US and it never made it to #1 on iTunes. People didn't like it.

Hung Up didn't have much support and it was #1 on iTunes for a while and sold over a million!

We'll see in the next few weeks how people connect with GGW.. With the album and video coming out, it will have enough exposure to let people decide if they will make it a hit or not, no matter how old she is.

So I was re listening to those clips that were recorded outside M's place back in the summer, and in this one you can clearly tell it was GGW being played "I got that burning hot des-i-i-i-i-re"

http://yfrog.com/c8iaez

Sounds like different vocals too.