UK CHART - THE SHOW IS OVER SAY GOODBYE!

horn

I don't think radio 2 has any problems with Madonna. I'm not sure if they are playing GMAYL or not but they DID play celebration a lot when Radio 1 totally ignored it. I also heard them playing masterpiece quite a few times.

:rotfl:

Give me "GMAYL-Madonna-not-at-her-best" over any of those younger stars really mediocre productions 6 studio albums in 6 years type of thing ANY DAY

I didn't even realise it was Jessie J. It just sounded like another dire Katy Perry song. Radio 2 haven't playlisted Madonna :(

PS: Candy Shop would have been a terrible choice. It polarises people here more than GMAYL! Although I don't like 4M, I think it was a great choice for a lead single and that was proven by its performance. Candy Shop would have stalled big time. Terrible lyrics and terrible production.

When he says 'I'm angelina' does he mean a skinny freak?

I dunno I just remember everything pre-divorce always being glowing from the UK aside from the occasional "MADONNA IS A BABY STEALER" bullshit from the Daily Mail. They sent even her WORST singles to the top 10 (American Life, Give It 2 Me). Then when she divorced Guy, went back to New York, all of a sudden they don't wanna play her music anymore, suddenly she's too old? It's very COINCIDENTAL.

I think this coincidence is in your HEAD. First of all, how much music has Madonna released since give it 2 me? Second of all, in what way is Madonna flopping here? I can promise you that Madonna has NEVER received entirely glowing press reports here. Who cares? I don't and I bet neither does she. I don't read inane bullshit. I'm aware of it's existence but gladly leave it alone. I find it rather strange how you seem convinced that Madonna has 'abandoned London for NYC'. It's bizarre as much as it is incorrect. She has homes here, friends here, work here and clearly loves the social aspect of London. The fact that you seem to want Madonna to have chosen America over England is the bizarre part. :chuckle: I mean, do you somehow profit from Madonna living in New York?

The promo has been very US-centric. They likely underestimated Europe. I know I did. All her singles usually shot straight to the top on iTunes just because they are Madonna songs. They likely felt a US-centric promo was the best way to go since the US is usually where she has a hard time charting high. GMAYL was all about the Superbowl, which is an event that only the US cares about. That's likely why it underperformed in the rest of the world. Which brings up a question. Which is truly the best event for a global pop star to perform at? Superbowl? Only the US cares. WorldCup? Most of the world cares, but the US completely ignores the event. Olympics? Everyone watches the Olympics, but they are so long that no one really cares who performs at the show. The best promo is likely a few hot performances on the big award shows. Grammy's, AMA's, Brits, etc. Just the big ones, but those are likely the best because everyone watching those shows are music lovers. The Grammy's had HUGE ratings this year. This would have been a perfect place to perform GMAYL.

When he says 'I'm angelina' does he mean a skinny freak?

I think this coincidence is in your HEAD. First of all, how much music has Madonna released since give it 2 me? Second of all, in what way is Madonna flopping here? I can promise you that Madonna has NEVER received entirely glowing press reports here. Who cares? I don't and I bet neither does she. I don't read inane bullshit. I'm aware of it's existence but gladly leave it alone. I find it rather strange how you seem convinced that Madonna has 'abandoned London for NYC'. It's bizarre as much as it is incorrect. She has homes here, friends here, work here and clearly loves the social aspect of London. The fact that you seem to want Madonna to have chosen America over England is the bizarre part. :chuckle: I mean, do you somehow profit from Madonna living in New York?

POOR GU WITH HIS LACK OF A SENSE OF HUMOR

If you couldn't tell by now, this ENTIRE THREAD is a joke

*although I do stand by my post that Madonna trying to be a British Housewife was her at her absolute worst*

The promo has been very US-centric. They likely underestimated Europe. I know I did. All her singles usually shot straight to the top on iTunes just because they are Madonna songs. They likely felt a US-centric promo was the best way to go since the US is usually where she has a hard time charting high. GMAYL was all about the Superbowl, which is an event that only the US cares about. That's likely why it underperformed in the rest of the world.

No.

All her lead singles 1998-2009 have performed better in Europe than the U.S. so I am not sure why it mattered that she was doing a big U.S. event. Did she do some event to launch those singles in Europe the week they were released? No, she did not. European radio has jumped on almost every first single from Madonna since the 90's...and they didn't this time. I know we all like to blame promotion, but the Madonna name alone was what launched those other records. I cannot think of any major event she has ever played the week of radio and single release for the last 4 albums, or perhaps beyond.

I wish some people could accept the fact that maybe it's just not a strong single to a lot of people. I'm not attacking your taste or preferences, but maybe the majority just aren't into it? Why do most lead singles of other artists that fail to catch on fizzle out? Sometimes your songs connects to the masses, and sometimes it doesn't. Period.

I will agree that it doesn't seem to have connected with a lot of people and it's definitely divided her fans. I personally didn't see ANYTHING wrong with the song from the get-go, but hey sometimes people just don't connect. I really do think that Interscope is gonna do what they can to ensure Madonna a successful era though, so maybe they'll give a good push to Girls Gone Wild, which I could see radio playing tbh. And ppl buying.

I didn't even realise it was Jessie J. It just sounded like another dire Katy Perry song.

:thumbsup:

By the way for those clulessly saying that Madonna British Housewife was Madonna at her worst :lmao: Madonna Lady of the Manor 2000 - 2008 was in fact one of the most successful moments in Madonna's career PR wise

2005-madonna-vogue.jpg

A Lady of the Manor singing a song like IMPRESSIVE INSTANT, donning a leotard for a 70's inspired dance record and begging people to see her toned 50-year-old booty get down.

Telegraph

FACT: Madonna was the most written about celebrity in the UK between 2000-2010, the fact that her and her British husband split is not likely to change things. She still has several properties there, spends time working there and has an half British son, right?

2009 she sold out two wembley arena gigs after having filled wembley stadium barely 9 months before and that was post-divorce, right? And Celebration? And working with a complete British cast? Please.

Everything :bow:

together with this:

4:21 her sugar is rraaw :wow:

In the BBC clip the smiling faces u see among the audience, you know they must be upset about the divorce now

They won't buy a ticket for this tour. She is not married to their British friend Guy Ritchie any more

:lmao:

Everything :bow:

together with this:

4:21 her sugar is rraaw :wow:

In the BBC clip the smiling faces u see among the audience, you know they must be upset about the divorce now

They won't buy a ticket for this tour. She is not married to their British friend Guy Ritchie any more

:lmao:

:lol: That video is a great example of mass hysteria. :wow: Yeah, I was speaking to my good friend Lady Jane Darling and she told me that she would never buy another Madonna record again! I mean, what with her not being a Great British housewife anymore. The WI are organising a protest and the general public are supporting a Madonna embargo. I just hope I don't see her around London or I might have to give her a piece of my mind! #shakes fist# Toodlepip old chum!

P.S 12:51 I think you give media reports way too much credence. I think it may be more reliable to go from life experience. :chuckle:

I find this thread hilarious only from the assumption that some people think Guy Ritchie is some popular icon in the UK. He is and always was a joke. An upper class guy trying to pass himself off as a mock cockney geezer. He has had a couple of successful films, but he is more famous for who he married (and divorced), and the divorce certainly has done nothing to dent Madonna's popularity. If anything the fact they are good friends and have worked to have a good post divorce relationship for the sake of their children has only added to admiration for her.

Madonna has always been up and down, but lets face it, she does not resonate with youngsters anymore. People are also missing the point the single has sold enough to be top 10 but has been excluded from this because of stupid chart rules.

The album will be number 1 and that in itself will generate interest, but she does need good promotion which is what is lacking here and over Europe at the moment.

As for the Hyde Park show, if I lived in London I would not go to it because its all standing. I work in London on a monthly basis, but have said to my office that i will not be travelling there July or August this year until the Olympics is done as the place will be a nightmare to travel within and to find accommodation. Live Nation should have thought of this and have her return to London at the end of the European leg for a few arena shows, and done another couple of arenas meantime elsewhere in the UK. Hotels in London are expensive enough without adding in the extra people travelling in for the Olympics and / or big concert events. Look at Edinburgh, four star hotels are wanting 220 pounds a night when she is playing Murrayfield because of the amount of people travelling in.

Guest bluejean

By the way for those clulessly saying that Madonna British Housewife was Madonna at her worst :lmao: Madonna Lady of the Manor 2000 - 2008 was in fact one of the most successful moments in Madonna's career PR wise

I wasn't referring to 2000-2008 as I whole. When I think of Lady of the Manor I think of the particular image of her dressing up in floral dresses, feeding the chickens and promoting children's books with a faux British accent.

WOW how a joke thread becomes a MOAN!

You guys are too MUCH!

FRIEND OF MY FRIEND OF PEOPLE THAT I USE TO KNOW ARE POSTED ON FACEBOOK THAT THEY DO NOT LIKE GMAYL AND TEHY HAVE NOT PRE-ORDERED MDNA YET!

FLOP PRE-Order!

The Candy Shop entrance on S&S tour looks like she borrowed a Saturday night gameshow set.

Worst stage entry ever.

Loved that actually, not a big bang entry but really entertaining and I loved the choreography..

Seriously Candy Shop??? Even if I'm french, I was embarassed by the sexual metaphore, candy & her raw sugar... Can we just stop talking about HC

No. Its seriously underrated.

Seriously Candy Shop??? Even if I'm french, I was embarassed by the sexual metaphore, candy & her raw sugar... Can we just stop talking about HC

wow. some of you are such drama queens.... pleaseeeee. you are embarassed . so overreacting here !!! Candy Shop it's pure Madonna (lyrically, musically and everything).

wow. some of you are such drama queens.... pleaseeeee. you are embarassed . so overreacting here !!! Candy Shop it's pure Madonna (lyrically, musically and everything).

No no I like the sexual metaphore and I usually love Madonna songs with a double sense, it's just the metaphore in HC wasn't subtil at all... And yes you're right I'm a bit a drama queen :dramatic:

I love "Candy Shop"...it's a fun,playful,sexy track that's reminiscent of her Erotica days.

"sticky and sweet...my sugar is raw!.....sticky and sweet....my sugar is raw!.....sticky and sweet"

How can you not like the sexy,provocative Madonna?!