Your Single Choices for "Ray of Light"

MPowered

So here it is! Actually I have to admit that I love every single that has been released as a single off this album but in terms of commercial success I thnk there were at least two singles that should've been replaced.

1. Frozen

2. Ray of Light

3. The Power of Good-Bye

4. Sky Fits Heaven

5. Skin/Nothing Really Matters (Radio) [Two Videos]

0. Beautiful Stranger

As much as I love DW/SF I really feel like it wasn't a good single release at all. TPOGB should've been released earlier.

1. Frozen

2. Ray of Light

3. Drowned World

4. POG

5. NRM

As released. Those were always the ones I thought were singles, no other real possibilities. However, I always thought ROL would be an even better lead single had the release been pushed toward the summer, an even bigger shock to the system.. but Frozen perfectly matched its time.

01 "Frozen"

02 "Ray Of Light" (with the "Video Edit" to radio, not that official chopped "Radio Edit" version)

03 "The Power Of Good-Bye"

04 "Swim"

05 "Nothing Really Matters"/"Sky Fits Heaven"

Those are my personal choices, but I think that the singles picked for this release were fine.

Guest bluejean

Frozen

Ray Of Light

Sky Fits Heaven (Outside US instead of Drowned World)

The Power Of Goodbye

Nothing Really Matters

Swim could also have been a good one although Beautiful Stranger was on its way by then. I also like the idea of Ray Of Light being the 1st single, Frozen did do very well but I wonder if Ray Of Light would have been a US #1 if released 1st.

1. Ray of Light

2. Drowned World

3. Skin

4. Frozen

5. Nothing Really Matters

6. The Power of Goodbye

7. Mer Girl ( special edition music video released on a power of goodbye maxi single, mini film specifically for fans about her relationship with her mother)

I think frozen was too slow to start off the album, and drowned world sould have been released alongside skin in certain countries and excluded in others to keep the momentum with an upbeat song like skin)

this is a tough one because Frozen was a risk and it worked but if it flopped none of us would put it first. Maybe ROL could have hit #1 as the lead single, but then Frozen wouldn't have done as well.

FROZEN

RAY OF LIGHT

SKY FITS HEAVEN

SKIN

THE POWER OF GOOD-BYE

Yeah Frozen isn't as commercial and is more of a risk. I think that was a record company decision and Madonna wanted ROL first... but I'd have waited till May cause it's more summery and obviously Frozen was timed perfectly, still in winter. :)

• 2 years later...

1. Ray of Light

2. Frozen

3. Nothing Really Matters

4. The Power of Goodbye

5. Skin

Ray of Light needed a completely different video, then it would have been a bigger hit.

I agree. Ive never been a fan of the video. So overrated....I also dont like her look.

"Frozen" was fabulous as a first single. :inlove:

FCJuuCu.jpg

Wasn't it the other way around, loomz? -- M fought for it when Warner wanted "Ray of Light"? Can someone lemme know?