Madonna NEW ALBUM Thread: Updates and Rumours

horn

*avoids the snippet leakage*

"Into the Groove" is one of M's most revered tracks, thanks to its glorious dance-as-expression motif that she's usually managed to add a fresh spin to as she's revisited it. The lyrics of GMAYL look like they could be anthemic, and with a Madonna-like pronouncement ("every record sounds the same, you've got to step into my world")- it's like she's commanding people to get with the real deal. :)

I'll just say, I've read your comments on HC and your desire for her to NOT go in that direction again. Based on the clips of GMAYL it seems you probably got your wish! Hats off for resisting cuz I sure can't! :lol:

GIVE IN TO THE TEMPTATION HG!! :)

YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO....COME ON! ;)

After hearing the clips, i dont see how nicki and mia fit into this type of song. Maybe for Girls Gone Wild?

I thought it was already confirmed by Jean Baptiste that Nicki was only performing with her at the Super Bowl and was not going to be anywhere on the album or single?

At least that's what I read on Twitter.

Guest Not4Pussies

If they are clever, full launch on saturday... performance at the Smirnoff event, single on sale monday... followed by soundtrack track for W.E. in December and full single in january/february so she can push uout a third before the tour!

I like this a lot but is the public gonna be able to see the smirnoff event?

Guest groovyguy

Well....not that we should believe the "hype machine" of any artist pre album release (see Lady Gaga) but by all accounts it seems this album is definitely not going to be a HC part 2. HC was more straight forward pop/hip-pop/R&B and this seems like it will be more layered, textured, elaborate and electronic.....even just the short clips we've gotten of GMAYL there is no indication it's going to be a HC 2 so I know many fans are definitely happy about that! I'm not attacking in any way by this comment so please don't be offended, it's just a general statement, but I don't get it when Madonna fans say they are tired of her dance records. Only reason I say that is because from "Madonna"- "Hard Candy" she's ALWAYS been dance. Sure she throws some other stuff in there sometimes but the root of all her songs (not counting ballads obviously) is dance/disco. It's where her bread is buttered and the minute she deviated from that more than she previously had (American Life) the public and critics and even many diehard fans let her know "NO!". :lol:Despite that, I'd still consider even AL a "dance record" in many regards.

Many of the tracks from AL did well on the dance chart, didn't they?

I don't like Guy O AND his useless tweets!

:D

Anywho, I can see Nicki and Mia doing this. We haven't heard the full clip yet. Maybe they will fit into a part we haven't heard yet?

Only reason I say that is because from "Madonna"- "Hard Candy" she's ALWAYS been dance. Sure she throws some other stuff in there sometimes but the root of all her songs (not counting ballads obviously) is dance/disco. It's where her bread is buttered and the minute she deviated from that more than she previously had (American Life) the public and critics and even many diehard fans let her know "NO!". :lol: Despite that, I'd still consider even AL a "dance record" in many regards.

When people say they don't want dance music, they mean they don't want Madonna to sound like the type of "dance music" that is played in clubs, house/techno type of remixes with no melody, just repetitive hard beats, not that they want her to do rock or folk or indie music. They don't necessarily mean she should remove any and all electronic element or anything in the song that you can move to. Madonna has always made danceable music but not necessarily "dance music" per se at least as it is defined today. I love Confessions but in some parts it was at least for my taste moving almost to the edge of what pop is and sounding more like club remixes. I like this new song because although it is danceable it is more pop even with a few guitars and not just a remix sounding like song. As you said it has textures to it, not just a repetitive beat.

Well....not that we should believe the "hype machine" of any artist pre album release (see Lady Gaga) but by all accounts it seems this album is definitely not going to be a HC part 2. HC was more straight forward pop/hip-pop/R&B and this seems like it will be more layered, textured, elaborate and electronic.....even just the short clips we've gotten of GMAYL there is no indication it's going to be a HC 2 so I know many fans are definitely happy about that! I'm not attacking in any way by this comment so please don't be offended, it's just a general statement, but I don't get it when Madonna fans say they are tired of her dance records. Only reason I say that is because from "Madonna"- "Hard Candy" she's ALWAYS been dance. Sure she throws some other stuff in there sometimes but the root of all her songs (not counting ballads obviously) is dance/disco. It's where her bread is buttered and the minute she deviated from that more than she previously had (American Life) the public and critics and even many diehard fans let her know "NO!". :lol: Despite that, I'd still consider even AL a "dance record" in many regards.

not offended at all :thumbsup: . . but if i look at her albums, i'll call TB a pop recrd, the same LAP, erotica. IB wasn't for sure dance, not IB. ROL was layered, textured, elaborate and electronic...etc... dance tracks are what define her for sure, but i don't see a propre ballad since 2003, maybe? not speaking for some guitars, bass and drums...some evolution please...or maybe i'm getting old :scared:

that said, and as i said before ill definetly enjoy some catchy dance track, hoping, and so it seems, not a full dance album...don't know if i've been clear with my english.... :sneaky:

Many of the tracks from AL did well on the dance chart, didn't they?

Yeah, in fact I think she had more "dance hits" off of it than any other album if I'm not mistaken BUT she released so many singles from that album and all of them had tons of remixes. It seems once the album kind of tanked they just tried to push it to the clubs hence the Remixed and Revisited release. I remember finding it funny that 2 years after AL was released (and probably about 8 months prior to COADF) that some remix of Mother and Father was being played in the clubs a lot.

Well....not that we should believe the "hype machine" of any artist pre album release (see Lady Gaga) but by all accounts it seems this album is definitely not going to be a HC part 2. HC was more straight forward pop/hip-pop/R&B and this seems like it will be more layered, textured, elaborate and electronic.....even just the short clips we've gotten of GMAYL there is no indication it's going to be a HC 2 so I know many fans are definitely happy about that! I'm not attacking in any way by this comment so please don't be offended, it's just a general statement, but I don't get it when Madonna fans say they are tired of her dance records. Only reason I say that is because from "Madonna"- "Hard Candy" she's ALWAYS been dance. Sure she throws some other stuff in there sometimes but the root of all her songs (not counting ballads obviously) is dance/disco. It's where her bread is buttered and the minute she deviated from that more than she previously had (American Life) the public and critics and even many diehard fans let her know "NO!". :lol: Despite that, I'd still consider even AL a "dance record" in many regards.

Yes but when you take into consideration how her lyrics and music for the most part matured in the late 80s and early 90s its a little off putting to hear her at 50+ going all teenie pop wannabe... just saying.

not offended at all :thumbsup: . . but if i look at her albums, i'll call TB a pop recrd, the same LAP, erotica. IB wasn't for sure dance, not IB. ROL was layered, textured, elaborate and electronic...etc... dance tracks are what define her for sure, but i don't see a propre ballad since 2003, maybe? not speaking for some guitars, bass and drums...some evolution please...or maybe i'm getting old :scared:

that said, and as i said before ill definetly enjoy some catchy dance track, hoping, and so it seems, not a full dance album...don't know if i've been clear with my english.... :sneaky:

Yes, I understand where you are coming from! :thumbsup:

You want more Like A Prayer than say Hung Up. I get that and although I would personally consider both of the songs dance/pop (or pop/dance) obviously LAP is the more "poppy" of the two while HU is more "dance/disco". I can't lie, I'd LOVE to hear an Oh Father or even Express Yourself type song from her again as they are both more "organic" in their sound I suppose than something like Vogue or Hung Up. I think you and Glinda are pretty much saying the same thing, that you don't want something that sounds like club remixes. I've always liked how ROL incorporates guitars and strings yet also has some VERY hard hitting beats (think Skin or even ROL the song for that matter). Hopefully, this album will be more ROL than COADF....although I'm absolutely in LOVE with both of them! :)

I also think what makes songs like LAP or Live to Tell so powerful is the contrast with her more fun lighthearted songs. I hope on the new album there are a few more serious deeper songs. But I think if she did a whole album of songs that were super serious like Live to Tell it would be ponderous and depressing. It would just be too much and they would lose their power. Not sure if I'm making sense! I like the balance between the fun and the serious Madonna. I do think in recent years the balance has tipped to far to just the fun Madonna. But that doesn't mean she should do an album of 13 super serious deep songs and lose any fun dancey element.

Yes but when you take into consideration how her lyrics and music for the most part matured in the late 80s and early 90s its a little off putting to hear her at 50+ going all teenie pop wannabe... just saying.

In fairness, at 50+ she has to do what she has to do to stay on top....I know that sounds bad but it's true. Releasing something accessible and catchy for the first single to lure in the listeners is smart on her part. Rumor has it that GMAYL is not a reflection of the lyrics on the rest of the album. When you really look at the lyrics of the past two albums, I can agree that there is more "teenie pop" stuff than the prior few albums before that but it's not like she's been void of anything deep even on COADF and HC. And I must say, after being "deep" and sometimes downright pretentious from Erotica-American Life it was a breath of fresh air to have my "80's Madonna" back for a couple of albums. I don't know if you recall, but the early part of last decade many were starting to wonder what happened to the fun carefree Madonna that everybody fell in love with. She just seemed so damn serious all the time....her and her fake ass British accent. :p

Anyways, I ramble but the point is it seems like she's veering more toward her 90's/early 00's stuff than HC with this album.

I don't mind the chorus and the bridge clips, however the 'drink wine, burgundy is fine, blah blah... " I don't like Food or Beverages mentioned in songs. That's as bad as "i got Turkish Delight, baby..." :thumbsdown:

We'll see. It'll grow on me I'm sure. Exciting times ahead in general.

Can't wait to hear the final product.

Look I'm the first one that would love a LAP2.0, ROL 2.0 or CODF 2.0 but this song is really fun ......I love it!!!

Of course I would die if she would go back with Pat Leonard or S Bray ...but for right now I love what I'm hearing!!!

That's why she is Madonna!

Guys, there a two Snippets of the Song, just found it on another forum!!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/z4ab2g

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ig477a

Sounds like Madonna from the 80s, i can't belive it!! It is a bit strange, but listen to yourself!

It sounds OK.

Here is a link to digital spy which has the snippets to listen to so you don't have to download that stuff from sendspace.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a349820/madonna-new-single-give-me-all-your-love-clips-leak-online-listen.html

The leaks are TOTALLY in demo form! You can tell! The snippet recorded outside M's London home in July sounds more finished than these, I think we can relax. Personally, it sounds extremely promising. Have you heard the Music demo? Or Hung Up? Yeah, they both suck, but when you finally heard the complete versions, you realized they were instant Madonna classics! This will be no exception, be patient people! :inlove: Give Me All Your Love, Madonna!

Guest groovyguy

The leaks are TOTALLY in demo form! You can tell! The snippet recorded outside M's London home in July sounds more finished than these, I think we can relax. Personally, it sounds extremely promising. Have you heard the Music demo? Or Hung Up? Yeah, they both suck, but when you finally heard the complete versions, you realized they were instant Madonna classics! This will be no exception, be patient people! :inlove: Give Me All Your Love, Madonna!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHOCY56lJ-c&feature=related

Guest Not4Pussies

the music demo that leaked months before the official version of Music was not that much different. all it was missing was the ending and high quality. same thing goes for Candy Shop. sounded the same.

This is so fucking infectious.

Wow the snippet does reminds of that demo RUN , justa more catchier version , hope the final version isss muuuuuch better

I also hear the similarity.

I could totally see this being a very catchy song ala Hung Up. From what I can hear its miles better than 4 minutes.

Lets hope for more deep and mature songs in the lp.

I wanted to wait for the full song but I couldn't resist. Now I regret it, it just leaves you hungry for more. You can't really judge a song from that short and low quality snippet but OK, it sounds very immediate and catchy, which is a must for the lead single. Bring it on.