I watched Madonna's S&S DVD!

karbatal

S&S is the WTG of the 00's. It's not about themes, or messages. It's just about the amazingness that is Madonna the performer. Both of these tours seem more like actual concerts, whereas her other tours feel more like shows (excluding VT). WTG and S&S feel like they were tailor made for the stadium. Compare it to something like DWT, which seems like it could be performed effectively in small venues similar to the ones Janet is currently performing in.

Yes. And Stuart Price, I love him but finally she had a REAL BAND since The Girlie Show.

I love the Sticky and Sweet tour.I saw it twice when she came to my city.The DVD is incredible....so much fun and energy! Madonna seemed as if she was finally "set free"....this show represented her freedom from Guy Ritchie and from Warners.She looks like she's really having a ball!!

Best moments: "Vogue","Miles Away","Into The Groove" and "LAP".

Guest groovyguy

I love the Sticky and Sweet tour.I saw it twice when she came to my city.The DVD is incredible....so much fun and energy! Madonna seemed as if she was finally "set free"....this show represented her freedom from Guy Ritchie and from Warners.She looks like she's really having a ball!!

Best moments: "Vogue","Miles Away","Into The Groove" and "LAP".

The more I watch the DVD, the more I love the tour.

I can understand certain people having a 'strong dislike' 4 this tour, based on the setlist or the lack of a proper thematic thread...but 2 say that it's 'poor' is just plain fucking ridiculous. If u compare the actual performing in terms of Madonna's physicality it was as if she was let out of a cage, RIT & CT was really all about Madonna the Guy Ritchie fembot walking through the production with a few power surges here & there....Sticky brought back a certain vulgarity, in terms of her pathos at least it's up there with BAT & GS.

EAT IT!!!!!

P.S don't 4get she was a 102 during the Sticky. :fag:

YES! She performed amazingly. Karbatal, there is really something quite odd about you. :lmao: You call Into the groove lacking in energy but I bet you couldn't even skip with a rope. Maybe if Madonna does Human Nature on her next tour and has an S + M Sex Dwarf role you could get up on the stage and show her how to exude some energy. :lmao: The fact that you hadn't seen this tour just goes to show your closed mindedness. If you had bothered to invest some ENERGY into listening to the record you might have realised sooner how great it was! Instead you were regurtitating that boring 'OMGZLOLZ WHY IS MADONNA WORKING WITH A POPULAR PRODUCER?!' argument that is SO Fucking boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, it takes the term BROKEN record to a whole new level!!! I guess a lot of Madonna fans get caught up in the publicised Madonna aspect instead of the actual work. CAN'T LIKE AMERICAN LIFE IT'S TOO SERIOUS, CAN'T LIKE HARD CANDY IT'S TOO FUN. BRING BACK WILLIAM AN UNKNOWN PRODUCER LIKE WILLIAM ORBIT. Ugh. The Show is amazing. The DVD is amazing. Love listening to it before I go out. Especially Spanish Lesson and La Isla bonita. What people may realise about this tour is just how INVOLVED her dancers are. As she phased out the Nikki, Donna, Madonna trio she brought in a more group focused mentality. You see the dancers abilities more and there's a stronger sense of group mentality. I personally love it. The show I saw in France was amazing too.

YES! She performed amazingly. Karbatal, there is really something quite odd about you. :lmao: You call Into the groove lacking in energy but I bet you couldn't even skip with a rope. Maybe if Madonna does Human Nature on her next tour and has an S + M Sex Dwarf role you could get up on the stage and show her how to exude some energy. :lmao: The fact that you hadn't seen this tour just goes to show your closed mindedness. If you had bothered to invest some ENERGY into listening to the record you might have realised sooner how great it was! Instead you were regurtitating that boring 'OMGZLOLZ WHY IS MADONNA WORKING WITH A POPULAR PRODUCER?!' argument that is SO Fucking boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, it takes the term BROKEN record to a whole new level!!! I guess a lot of Madonna fans get caught up in the publicised Madonna aspect instead of the actual work. CAN'T LIKE AMERICAN LIFE IT'S TOO SERIOUS, CAN'T LIKE HARD CANDY IT'S TOO FUN. BRING BACK WILLIAM AN UNKNOWN PRODUCER LIKE WILLIAM ORBIT. Ugh. The Show is amazing. The DVD is amazing. Love listening to it before I go out. Especially Spanish Lesson and La Isla bonita. What people may realise about this tour is just how INVOLVED her dancers are. As she phased out the Nikki, Donna, Madonna trio she brought in a more group focused mentality. You see the dancers abilities more and there's a stronger sense of group mentality. I personally love it. The show I saw in France was amazing too.

Oi! Leave Karbatal alone. We are allowed our own opininons withought being picked on mrs!! :p

For some reason the opening looked like a Joan Rivers segment in Fashion Police. Atrocious.

No Madonna fan would take clothing advice from somebody who worships the vile pig shit mess known as Gaga.

Riccardo-Tisci__s-sketches-for-Madonna__s-upcoming-Sticky---Sweet-Tour.jpg

madonna4.jpg

punchingmadonna.jpg

madonna-steven-klein.jpg

VERSUS

Lady-Gaga-Monster-Ball-tour-San-Diego-lady-gaga-9547736-1728-2278.jpg

This outfit was inspired by MUSIC INFERNO FROM MADONNAS CONFESSIONS TOUR Whitney Houston.

the-monster-ball-tour-liverpool-lady-gaga-10600654-800-777.jpg

Madonna can wear a purple leotard so why can't I?! Madonna has a car on stage, so I must have one too!!!

In conclusion. Madonnas imagery on her tour was more simple yet infinitely more original and stylish. It was also natural and represented what was happening on the stage. The romance and world traveller elements of the dress with the neon fit perfectly in the section. The shorts and sneakers/sport outfit was perfect for the ruthless hedonism section. The suit perfectly represented the tongue in cheek M-Dollar. Then the futurism sport was the perfect way to end the show. I mean, you might not like it but most probably you just don't understand it. Some people have no taste whatsoever. To those people, I suggest you kiss this.

madonna-get-stupid-alternative-video-cap-0048.jpg

Yes. And Stuart Price, I love him but finally she had a REAL BAND since The Girlie Show.

YES! I forgot to mention that, but you are absolutely right. I adore Stuart too but it was time to bring some real instruments back.

I reckon S&S is the closest I'll ever get to seeing "80's Madonna" perform live and in the flesh.

:lol:

:lol:

Oh my! I didn't realize when I typed that out that that could be taken as insulting toward DWT or Madonna but let me make it clear I ADORE Janet and DWT is at the top of my list of favorite tours. BUT a REAL concert it's not! I mean really, could you not see DWT being able to be effectively done in more small, intimate venues. Imagine Act II in a more personalized setting. :dramatic:

That's what's great about the big M, she gives us VARIETY. This past decade we got the artsy fartsy show (DWT), the Greatest Hits show (arguably...RIT) and the massive, high energy stadium show (S&S) and a little hybrid of all of that into one (CT). What we got to complain about? :fag:

Maybe I shouldn't ask that!! :lol:

The reason DWT was the way it was is simply because she hadn't toured since TGS and bizzarrely enough people weren't sure of the demand. Then of course the album had many down tempo and emotionally heavy songs which needed to be interpreted live. The tour could have been re arranged for enormous stadiums quite easily. Then with RIT she was way more body confident and active. Again that's reflected in the tour. She began really thinking about the staging and the interludes etc became more elaborate. Confessions was a performance based tour and there were a lot of set pieces in the dancing. Very fluid and romantic, like the album. Don't forget that she had also been in an accidnent and couldn't exercise or push herself for a while. It gave off a softer vibe. Then, like others said along came Sticky and Sweet which was like an updated version of WTG. Aggressive and powerful. Everything was done on a macro scale and it was very much about Madonna. Just Madonna giving her all. Simple.

I watched the show live and simply waited to buy the dvd. I have listened to the album loads of times and is my least favorite, but i think i haven't told that in this thread.

WTG Tour did have a quasi-message, at least with the performance of "Papa Don't Preach" (all those world/historic images in the background), But, overall, yes, probably the closest to a "regular" concert in Madonanland, other than VT.

You're SO fucking vanilla GU. :rotfl:

:lmao: What ever do you mean by that? I'm terribly English old son. Toodle pip merry chum. :lmao: When I was out in London I was pretending to be Canadian (while pushing to the front of the enormous queue for the club). Some Canadian guy started talking to me and was like 'WOW IT'S SO COOL TO MEET ANOTHER CANADIAN GUY'. Then talked to me in French. :rotfl: When he asked where I was born I replied 'SAME TOWN AS LIND-AH'. :lmao: The whole affair reminded me of you but he was very hot!!! So, why am I Vanilla bitch?

:lmao: What ever do you mean by that? I'm terribly English old son. Toodle pip merry chum. :lmao: When I was out in London I was pretending to be Canadian (while pushing to the front of the enormous queue for the club). Some Canadian guy started talking to me and was like 'WOW IT'S SO COOL TO MEET ANOTHER CANADIAN GUY'. Then talked to me in French. :rotfl: When he asked where I was born I replied 'SAME TOWN AS LIND-AH'. :lmao: The whole affair reminded me of you but he was very hot!!! So, why am I Vanilla bitch?

That bitch was born in St. Cats! The corn fields. Why EVER didn't you say Toronto or Montreal. ANYWAY, "M Dollar"? Such unfunk. I must ask were you saying "eh" at the end of everything? :rotfl:

That bitch was born in St. Cats! The corn fields. Why EVER didn't you say Toronto or Montreal. ANYWAY, "M Dollar"? Such unfunk. I must ask were you saying "eh" at the end of everything? :rotfl:

:lmao: NO FUCKING WAY! I met some Canada Bitch who was ehing everything and I destroyed the Bitch. She was all 'OMGZ YOU KNOW I'M CANADIAN BECAUSE I SAY EH? YOU GUYS EVEN KNOW THAT HERE?'. Yes. Now shut up. Betch. Well I confessed to Canada guy that I didn't really speak much French and that I wasn't Canada ian. :lmao: I don't remember much but I think we had a conversation in the toilets. I helped him push the queue. :rotfl: I'm awful when I'm drunk. Which is mostly everyday. I HAVE SO MUCH ENERGY INSIDE ME NOW. SHALL I DRINK A BOTTLE OF WINE AND MEET A GUY FROM GRINDR AND PRETEND I'M CANADIAN!?

Guest FrozenEyes

I'm going to get stoned for this and I accept this, but it really was a problem for me. I honestly thought she kind of looked unhealthy on the dvd and a little malnourished. My focus kept getting drawn to the arms, legs, cheeks triad. I didn't expect it, especially on Confessions only a couple years before I thought she looked the hottest she had in the last decade. I really felt the urge to feed her something. It really was a distraction for me, and I wish it wasn't.

Plus I'm tired of the guitar.

Those two issues are not related.

:lmao: NO FUCKING WAY! I met some Canada Bitch who was ehing everything and I destroyed the Bitch. She was all 'OMGZ YOU KNOW I'M CANADIAN BECAUSE I SAY EH? YOU GUYS EVEN KNOW THAT HERE?'. Yes. Now shut up. Betch. Well I confessed to Canada guy that I didn't really speak much French and that I wasn't Canada ian. :lmao: I don't remember much but I think we had a conversation in the toilets. I helped him push the queue. :rotfl: I'm awful when I'm drunk. Which is mostly everyday. I HAVE SO MUCH ENERGY INSIDE ME NOW. SHALL I DRINK A BOTTLE OF WINE AND MEET A GUY FROM GRINDR AND PRETEND I'M CANADIAN!?

Should GET YOUR FARTHER than being a Brit. Though if you're tryna be me for the evening might I suggest a beer or vodka. ;)

Should GET YOUR FARTHER than being a Brit. Though if you're tryna be me for the evening might I suggest a beer or vodka. ;)

Further. I'm not trying to be you, silly. I'M REPLICATING my night out in Sowhore. I am constantly bored and just want to be drunk and be naughty ALL THE TIME. It's getting to the point where I'm either gonna fuck up my life completely or do something really special. ahuhsihihsugshusguihsiuhshuhsshs. UGH. I feel like I'm ready to explode. :(

I honestly thought she kind of looked unhealthy on the dvd and a little malnourished.

That's why the 2nd leg should have been taped and released - the show itself was much better and she was smoking hot! :drool:

photo_1248807463608-1-0_w350.jpg

Stickyandsweet_candy_shop.jpg

Guest FrozenEyes

Thats why I was always confused because on the dvd and some pics she looks unhealthy, but then I see other people posting pics and I think she looks really good.

This second leg sounds better all around even from people that enjoyed the first leg.