CLIPS LEAK: "Broken (I'm Sorry)"

Alessandro

And this woman is capable of very beautiful lyrics. It all started during the DWT when some stupid bastard gave a guitar to her and she started to compose songs using that. From then on, every thing is sorry-waiting-hasitating-high-sky-tick-tock

I know. I wish she would lay back once in a while and let others contribute most of her material once in a while. Or have songs written for her. I don't like having to listen to more than a couple of "new" songs that have the same lyrics from Hey You.

When she has her spark back, then she can continue to bless us with her creativity and such.

And very GOOD ones like:

Someone said that romance was dead

And I believed it instead of remembering

What my mama told me

Let my father mold me

Then you tried to hold me

You remind me what they said

Who needs a smile, when a tear`s so full of love

Who needs a home, with the stars up above

It`s here in your heart I want to be carried

You are my sanctuary

Say that happiness cannot be measured,

And a little pain can bring you all life's little pleasures.

What a joke.

You promised me when you said goodbye

That you'd return when the storm was done

And now I'll wait for the light, I'll wait for the sun

Till I feel your

Oh, and i love so much this one. Is simple but so cute:

Trying hard to get away

But I can't seem to fight the way I feel

Even though you're not for real

Your touch is driving me

Crazy and when you smile

It's just makin' me want you more and more

Baby won't you stay a while

It could be such a fantasy

I know. I wish she would lay back once in a while and let others contribute most of her material once in a while. Or have songs written for her. I don't like having to listen to more than a couple of "new" songs that have the same lyrics from Hey You.

When she has her spark back, then she can continue to bless us with her creativity and such.

Have you forgotten "Hard Candy"?

Oh, and i love so much this one. Is simple but so cute:

Trying hard to get away

But I can't seem to fight the way I feel

Even though you're not for real

Your touch is driving me

Crazy and when you smile

It's just makin' me want you more and more

Baby won't you stay a while

It could be such a fantasy

Erm... written by Reggie Lucas, not Madge.

And very GOOD ones like:

Someone said that romance was dead

And I believed it instead of remembering

What my mama told me

Let my father mold me

Then you tried to hold me

You remind me what they said

When you know the notes to sing

You can sing most anything

Do - a deer a female deer

Re - a drop of golden sun

Mi - a name I call myself

Fa - a long long way to run

Sol- a needle pulling thread

La - a note to follow so

Ti - a drink with jam and bread

That will bring us back to Do

Do Re Mi Fa Sol La Ti

Do Do Ti La Sol Fa Mi Re

Do Mi Mi Mi Sol Sol

Re Fa Fa La Ti Ti

:crazy:

Guest bluejean

Erm... written by Reggie Lucas, not Madge.

It's been rumoured that Madonna wrote that song but it was credited to Reggie. Which is believable considering the lyrics.

As for this Broken leak, am I the only one who thinks its crap??

It sounds like a weaker version of Celebration to me, thank God it was scrapped. It's So Cool is much better.

If it's a demo who cares what the words are?

They are probably rushed lyrics so she can just put down a guide vocal to see how the song works.

I don't think Madonna likes her demos/unreleases stuff to leak.

Why should she care what people think about songs she's discsarded?

Her voice is starting to get irritating. Why does she sing like this now?

She's 57 now. She isn't gonna sound the same as she did at 27.

But yeah, there must be something she could do. And she isn't able to recreate this stuff live either which is a problem for a touring based act. She should sing all her songs like "Hey You" :fag:

I like some lyrics that many fans despise. I find really touching her lyrics for Love Profusion, i don't know why but they go straight to my heart, that sentence "And i know i can feel bad when I get in the bad mood, and the world can look so sad, only you make me feel good" is touching. At least i feel it that way. But maybe that's because i like the album AL so much. I recall i was a big defender of the album back then in some forums.

I can agree with this to a point -- I think most people can improve their output by collaborating with others. It's clear M's own ideas can carry her to a point, of course... But an assist from other talents wouldn't go unappreciated.

The only 'disagreement' I would have with your point, GoodbyeToInnocence72, is that she basically received the ENTIRE track of "Revolver" in ready-to-record condition (even MORE of it, actually, which she -- or her producer -- edited out). And "Revolver" has its share of defenders and detractors, too. So, whichever way she goes, she's criticized. If she writes it herself, people complain that it's too simple or re-treading older ideas. If she lets someone else do the heavy lifting, people complain that her heart isn't in it.

There has to be a happy medium, of course... But I suppose that's more likely to be accomplished when she's working on a full album -- not on a couple add-on tracks for a greatest hits compilation.

She's 57 now. She isn't gonna sound the same as she did at 27.

But yeah, there must be something she could do. And she isn't able to recreate this stuff live either which is a problem for a touring based act. She should sing all her songs like "Hey You" :fag:

Yeah I know her voice is going to mature but it's also the way she pronounces words now and a lot of her newer songs lack that passionate carefree sound that she used to have. I still think the Evita training she had ruined her voice. She seems more conscious of singing "perfect" rather then just belting songs out.

I'm sorry but the "Evita ruined her voice" is bullshit. In Ray Of Light, Music and even American Life her voice is GREAT. Since Confessions she started singing like a little girl, I don't know why. It's actually like she never did the Evita lessons, and her voice sounds "thin".

I'm sorry but the "Evita ruined her voice" is bullshit. In Ray Of Light, Music and even American Life her voice is GREAT. Since Confessions she started singing like a little girl, I don't know why. It's actually like she never did the Evita lessons, and her voice sounds "thin".

I know..I think she wants 2 recapture her early voice 4 her dance tunes.

As 4 others providing the majority of the music..um hello, Hard Candy!?

She ,just needs inspiration & a timeframe where making an album is all she's thinking about.

I think with COAD we got lucky..she made that album because it was time 2 make an album not because

she wanted 2 initially, tho working with Stuart in his appartment triggered something in her which benefited the proces..

But let's face it gays, musically at least she's been on autopilot since the mid 00's. :fag:

I don't think Broken should even b considered..there's a reason why it wasn't released.

It's been rumoured that Madonna wrote that song but it was credited to Reggie. Which is believable considering the lyrics.

As for this Broken leak, am I the only one who thinks its crap??

It sounds like a weaker version of Celebration to me, thank God it was scrapped. It's So Cool is much better.

Steve Bray was the source of that rumour - he always thought that Madonna had written it, and given how closely they worked together back when she was trying to get a recording deal, he'd know. Since they'd fallen out by time she released the single, he'd have to have heard the track before she even started working with Reggie Lucas to think that she had written it.

Steve Bray was the source of that rumour - he always thought that Madonna had written it, and given how closely they worked together

The library of congress has a version of Physical Attraction with Madonna credited as the sole writer, as reported by Bruce Baron.

Maybe Lucas got writing credit by means of compensation (songwriter's royalties), M & him didn't c eye 2 eye from what

I've read and it's been reported a not so satisfied young Madonna 'stripped' the music of some of the Lucas arrangements.

So who knows what went down. :fag: DRAMA.

well she took credit for Lucky Star and Bray took Ain't No Big Deal, or something along those lines, so that seemed to be the way the credits/royalties were handled for the first album.

It was "Everybody", not "Lucky Star", but the point remains the same :thumbsup: