Niki Harris: "Madonna is a gem"

Flip The Switch

(fingers crossed)

I ain't gonna die either. Certainly not before you. Ugh. Why is this thread so negative? It's just about dumb Nikki.

Me confused!?

i thought Niki wasnt on re-invention because she wanted more money? wasnt that what was said over and over? where on earth did this 9-11 thing come from? I never believe someone when they say its because of a personal belief over something sensitive like that. She wanted more money and got kicked to the curb.

I'm not referencing anybody in particular with this, but I find it quite funny that some of the same fans that call Danny and myself out for being "loons" are some of the same fans that act like because they don't like a certain Madonna project then she must not either. That's been a popular assumption with certain projects. People come up with allllll sorts of theories to imply since they aren't feeling something she wasn't "into it" when creating it or was in some way forced to do it. To me that is "loony". NEVER have I assumed Madonna's heart wasn't in something just because *I* don't like it. I also believe Madonna has put her all with every album release, whether I like it or not. I firmly believe that Madonna wouldn't release a project.....music particularly....if she wasn't "feeling" it.

I respect WHATEVER Madonna wants to do artistically (always have). I may not always like what she comes up with, but I would never dismiss her artistry so flippantly after years and years of fandom because *I* don't like a project. A more logical explanation to me (in my loon mind) is that Madonna is a chameleon and I won't always like what she does not that she's "lost it". And if I liked little to nothing she's released in 12 years (that would be over a quarter of her career ago pretty much) I'd be concerned that I was visiting her board everyday....that's just me though, loon talk of course. How IRRATIONAL it is of me to show my love and respect for Madonna the artist at MADONNANATION....go figure.

Well I liked Hard Candy as well. I think it's my favourite Madonna album of the decade, in fact (awful vocals aside, it's just a great summer album and I had it on yet again yesterday. I've gotten more play out of it than almost any of her albums oddly). The only era I've hated is American Life and I will always express a distaste for that whenever something mentioned about her all time low 2003 comes up. :angel:

I haven't especially been bothered by your posts either kurt, though you went on a bit about Joanne and were riling up that faction of loons and going on about dull charts and sales stats and how she will never be the next Madonna - that all goes without saying. Different eras.

I'm no Joanne fan myself, some of her music is alright but the hype over her is disgusting. Though her influence and domination just now cannot be denied. She seems to be one who will have longevity (if she ditches the awful generic Eurodisco production of RedOne anyway..) as admittedly she does have genuine musical talent.

Though so did Cyndi Lauper and because of the fact she was considered the one with the "better voice", Billboard assumed she would last and famously said in 1985 Madonna's image had completely overshadowed her music and Cyndi would still be around. Ooops. Similar thing with Britney and Aguilera. Look who's the bigger star. So that must mean the fabulous Ke$ha is actually the new Madonna. :wow::sassy:

Guest nothingfails0603

I forgot to upload the pic of when me, Pud, Loomer, Scrapple, Ursa and all the other "old men" of the board met up before a concert in 2008.

That is... until now

hiltonpic.jpg

Guest nothingfails0603

Regardless of how vile Niki may be. Bitch is smart enough to know that Madonna is the only reason she even gets to record those flop dance singles with the CD-R promos with handwriting on them. :lol:

Guest bluejean

All I was saying there was Danny86 acts like his opinion and knowlegde is the be all and end all and gets into needless petty arguments. Pointless.

I get that that was your whole point. But somehow age became the focal point which seemed utterly irrelevant to me.

I have been a fan since the 'Like A Prayer' album when I was very young. So I suppose there's some sort of rating system to determine how important I am as a Madonna fan :lmao:

Guest bluejean

there are all sorts of schools of thought here regarding Madonna/Joanne/Britney which has what really has been the big divide of this place.

True. I guess the frustration of older fans might be that they have a better perspective of just how big Joanne is compared to Madonna. To those that weren't around, Joanne may seem like this huge megastar. But the 80's was full of megastars, many pretenders to Madonna's crown who were hailed as the new Madonna that came and went in a number of years.

Madonna has had longevity that is unrivalled by any female pop star. So it does seem like a joke to say Joanne is claiming Madonna's throne since she's only been around 2 years compared to 28 years.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Madonna's next album. If it's not a big hit, this board will be unbearable to visit. If it's a huge hit, it will shut alot of people up pretty fast.

Oh okay, so at least I know older fans who spew stuff like "not real songs" are considered more valuable than someone who's younger but bothered to research the facts about an era he didn't live through. It doesn't matter that most of the time it's never the "old" fans I made fun of/corrected.

Your research was wrong. You didn't even know that Stephen Bray had produced Papa Don't Preach and didn't realize that Frozen was written by Patrick Leonard. And you asumed that i was stuck on the 80s while in fact i love every Madonna era, from 1983 to 2006 and only when the woman started to repeat herself and think that flashing the crotch was dancing when i expected more of her. And of course, i would like to have a song with structure, melodie, good lyrics and that people around the globe find interesting and that is not based upon production to be interesting. Just what she's done from 1983 to 2000. And now and then you can see that she is capable of doing it, if she just TRIES. Songs like Don't Tell Me, Hung Up, Jump or Music proves it.

It's not about your age, it's about the idea you have on your brain that anybody that critisizes Madonna is a bitter person who wants to control her. I don't care if she releases a chinese album or whatever, as long as she shows talent on it, as she's done for more than 20 years.

Joanne may seem like this huge megastar. But the 80's was full of megastars, many pretenders to Madonna's crown who were hailed as the new Madonna that came and went in a number of years.

True. I think many people don't realize just how BIG Madonna was. They think she was like Beyonce back then, but it was like a thousand Beyonces.

Guest Pud Whacker

True. I think many people don't realize just how BIG Madonna was. They think she was like Beyonce back then, but it was like a thousand Beyonces.

one in a million.

Guest nothingfails0603

True. I guess the frustration of older fans might be that they have a better perspective of just how big Joanne is compared to Madonna. To those that weren't around, Joanne may seem like this huge megastar. But the 80's was full of megastars, many pretenders to Madonna's crown who were hailed as the new Madonna that came and went in a number of years.

I agree. I was a little kid but I had older sibs including a sister who was a huge Madonnabe. Madonna circa 84-86 was NOT Gaga/Beyonce/Rihanna.... she was bigger than those three put together. It's hard for younger people to grasp the impact she made. Maybe its age and perspective, but I think back to how big Madonna, MJ, Prince, even people like Boy George and Cyndi Lauper were and there is nothing out there today that comes near it. I like Gaga (well, I'm kinda sick of her by now) but she's really no bigger or no different than the other dozen or so "Madonna replacements" that have hit the scene since the mid-80's)

What a DISGUSTING BACON SCOFFING WHORE

Did she also think Madonna was a 'gem' when she slagged off Reinvention Tour?

And did she think of Madonna when she RATTED HER OUT on that cheapskate TV show about her former lovers?

Yes you FAT PIG, you may fool some of us, but most of us know you for the bitter obese whore you really are. Now please never mention Madonna's name on your wicked tongue ever again.

Guest nothingfails0603

And did she think of Madonna when she RATTED HER OUT on that cheapskate TV show about her former lovers?

Yes you FAT PIG, you may fool some of us, but most of us know you for the bitter obese whore you really are. Now please never mention Madonna's name on your wicked tongue ever again.

well, if Niki or Christopher decided to never speak about Madonna again in interviews, they wouldn't have the two or three random interviews for small gay zines they get today. It'd be just as pointless as how Gary Coleman has instilled an interview clause where he'll never speak of Diff'rent Strokes again.

Oh scratch that, she is a "singing legend" after all, it says so in a press release.

Guest nothingfails0603

we also can't forget gurfrien's fierce Visa commercial watched over 62,000 times on YouTube. Madonna's jealous of her superstardom :lmao:

we also can't forget gurfrien's fierce Visa commercial watched over 62,000 times on YouTube. Madonna's jealous of her superstardom :lmao:

OH, I didn't know this commercial! God, this woman sings sooooo good. And even listening to her singing solo some part of your brain recalls some Madonna songs. Niki's work in 'Vogue', for example, is GLORIOUS. And how would Express Yourself be without her?

:lmao: But she was just saying the TRUTH. Imagine you have worked with Madonna on BAT and TGS and DWT, that you have made such wonderful MTV performances such as Vogue or Express Yourself or Music... and suddenly you hear that in her next tour she will have a Scottish pipes in Into The Groove where she dances with a stick and guns for Express Yourself. I would have cried from laughing.

I think Madonna needs right now a hundred Niki's around her to tell her that she's lowering her standards. After the wise and good planned DWT (i don't like the dark spirit on it, but it's a super tour) RIT was a mess.

And don't forget Madonna's dangerous eyes every time darling Niki dared to sing louder as expected. Do you recall that Express Yourself video from BAT where Nikki sings suddenly higher because Madonna is without breath and Madonna turns and shouts???

Oh, i can't find it in Youtube.

Preach it sista!

I get that that was your whole point. But somehow age became the focal point which seemed utterly irrelevant to me.

I have been a fan since the 'Like A Prayer' album when I was very young. So I suppose there's some sort of rating system to determine how important I am as a Madonna fan :lmao:

Well fair enough. That little outburst did get out of hand cause of my frustration with reading another Danny86 diatribe. So sorry if I offended any of you still in diapers younger posters. Believe me, ageism is worse for the OLD. :hurt:

Of course there isn't a fan rating system as I've said, but I've always been envious of and look up to people like Pud who were there at the time. I love the 80s.

And you know what it's like, there's that whole snobbery thing of "I liked her first, I was there at the time, I got her first album" which exists amongst all music fans, not just an age thing.

And people on other forums have got annoyed with younger know it all posters who suspiciously seem to know ALL the obscure camp favourites of the past of stuff before they were born and are copying the taste of others and then they get lots of shit for it. voiceofreason.gif

I don't necessarily subscribe to that view and think talent borrows, genius steals and the younger posters should take any knowledge about the past and learn from others taste.

And plenty of teens love 80s stuff anyway (SoUnusual, Lymon and West Like Prayer for one), or like Baby Dietrich, even silent films from the 1920s. Everyone is different and as said before loads of teens are cool and each generation seems to be getting more knowledgeable and advanced as technology improves with the internet etc.

I think you are one of the best and most level headed posters, bluejean. I wouldn't have realised you were young. Although I get you confused with that Jacko fan.

And yes, of course there are younger fans who liked her from the start at a young age - nothingfails and Suedehead aren't that old anyway. And there's a couple of posters like Dr Lecter who liked her in the beginning and saw the earliest tours as a kid. And there will be younger still.

I first got into music at age 4, although I didn't start to really appreciate it and become obsessed till age 12. I was always aware of Madonna in the 80s, she was unavoidable in 1985-1987 (my sister had the Into The Groove 12 inch) and whilst I was awestruck by the Like A Prayer video at the time, didn't become a proper fan till after Vogue and Blonde Ambition. So there's another history lesson. :rosey:

And don't forget Madonna's dangerous eyes every time darling Niki dared to sing louder as expected. Do you recall that Express Yourself video from BAT where Nikki sings suddenly higher because Madonna is without breath and Madonna turns and shouts???

:lmao:

Sounds like a must

Now it all makes sense..

Mybrotherchristopher said in his book Mysistermadonna wanted 2 fire her during the Girlie Show (& they were not getting along during the DWT at all, according 2 Niki).. .

So anyway I remember reading a Dutch interview with Summer, u may remember her...she sang a couple of Snap tracks after Niki.

Okay, so this Summer girl said she was completely in awe of M cuz she rehearsed with her 4 the 'Girlie Show' but that right in the end Madonna decided 3 back up singers was 2 much of a crowd & she couldn't go on tour with them after all..so Maybe Vadge was testing a Niki replacement with Niki actually still in the room...Shrewd bitch. :chuckle:

Summer :

:lmao: But she was just saying the TRUTH. Imagine you have worked with Madonna on BAT and TGS and DWT, that you have made such wonderful MTV performances such as Vogue or Express Yourself or Music... and suddenly you hear that in her next tour she will have a Scottish pipes in Into The Groove where she dances with a stick and guns for Express Yourself. I would have cried from laughing.

I think Madonna needs right now a hundred Niki's around her to tell her that she's lowering her standards. After the wise and good planned DWT (i don't like the dark spirit on it, but it's a super tour) RIT was a mess.

But Niki/Nikki very publicly (in an interview with Entertainment Weekly in 2001 -- the last time Madonna was a full cover for EW) admitted that she criticized DWT to Madonna during the creative/rehearsal process. She criticized that some of the sounds produced on stage were "noise" and some of the costuming choices, etc.

So, by your logic, Madonna wouldn't have produced the DWT at all. So sometimes it's a good thing she doesn't listen to the naysayers.

Now, what I want clarified for ever and always is this... Is it NIKI or NIKKI?! I've seen it so many different ways and I can never remember which is correct. I know it's even inconsistent in Madonna album liner notes.

Nikki's heart would have given out just watching the opening numbers for Re-Invention. So can it.