Get Up Lisbon (RIT Tour) has leaked

neutrocks

Guest bluejean

PROS

- First 2 segments were great, opening was amazing, great costumes and theme

- Vocals were very good

- Good song choices (I remember being so shocked to see her revisit so many classics, that was never expected)

CONS

- Last few segments were very slapped together and uninspired

- Some song arrangements such as 'Like A Prayer' were shit

- Too much kabbalah/preaching

Somehow I still like it more than Confessions tour. That tour seems to have afew key moments but then alot of filler. Nothing beats the musical arrangements, setlist and performance energy of Sticky & Sweet! It was the perfect balance of hits and album tracks too.

:inlove: GROUND ZERO is really good for fan made! I still have an active torrent link of it if any of you want it.

I think this is exactly what some fans are doing. They are getting this and loving the quality,

and think they have the "offical" unreleased RIT dvd. I think it's a rumour and that is where it all started.

I'd love to be wrong on this one!

darling, we are talking about real collectors. they know ground zero is a thing and the lisbon dvd is another one :thumbsup:

Oh, Didn't realize you saw it in Ft. Lauderdale. Maybe that was the reason? haha :)

All kidding aside, I loved all of them I saw, RIT just had....something really special. It was a bit more straight away concert but I especially really appreciated her wonderful vocals throughout. Probably because she did less dancing or did proper vocal warmups. Ehh

I agree. RIT was warm. As long as Confessions was better it was also colder IMO.

And nothing beats the pit for me :inlove:

Well the fact that our lovely cosmic_system has also heard of this rumour makes me a bit more reassured that it may happen (no offense neutrocks).

And while we're on RIT - it's still my least favourite Madonna tour ever. But it doesn't mean it's awful or anything - just lacklustre by her own standards. Of course there were some fantastique moments (as Pud would say) but the whiff of desperation in the wake of floppage was just too strong.

Well the fact that our lovely cosmic_system has also heard of this rumour makes me a bit more reassured that it may happen (no offense neutrocks).

And while we're on RIT - it's still my least favourite Madonna tour ever. But it doesn't mean it's awful or anything - just lacklustre by her own standards. Of course there were some fantastique moments (as Pud would say) but the whiff of desperation in the wake of floppage was just too strong.

aaaaw :inlove:

Last week there was a huge buzz on facebook about it. Let's pray!

Madonna.JPG

Buzzzzzz.... It's just a matter of time before it leaks on the internet.. the full un-edited show. A number of insiders have a copy of the DVD and are looking to share it on-line. Can't wait and hope this isn't a false rumor.

i loved that show.

It's not her best tour, but as a fan, it was great to see her sing so many classic-era tracks, when she had not done so with the prior tour (or even in 1993- just 5 80s tracks on Girlie Show).

For RIT, the "problem" for some may be that for most of the classics, she just performed them straight, with non-elaborate presentations (i.e. "Like a Prayer"). For me, again, it was OK, as it was great to see her do them. It had some weaker sections, but all Madonna tours have those sections that aren't as thrilling as others.

The performances I could have done without:

* Frozen (seriously lacking compared to DWT- Madge just standing there for this song was not so thrilling)

* Hollywood (had some cool moves, but didn't do much for me)

* Hanky Panky (fun, cute, but unnecessary)

* Deeper and Deeper (not a bad reinvention, but kinda dull)

* Nothing Fails (nice song, but it was the "I Deserve It" of this tour)

* Mother and Father (dull)

* Imagine (nice nod to John with the video screen, but kinda just *there*)

Otherwise, enjoyed everything else (even the rehash choreography of "Don't Tell Me"- what sample was used in Lisbon, anyhow? "Bittersweet Symphony" was the best)

I would be good to see it although I thought the sound was very pre-recorded for some of the tracks. Vogue really lacked any musical punch for me. I saw at Earl's Court and the lack of visible band added to the sense she was just singing over a backing track. Overall, I thought the show lacked cohesion in comparison to her other shows. This and the DWT are the least memorable for me but I would like to see it as sometimes the video is more engaging than the live experience.

I bought a bootleg DVD from her show in Paris, some people refer to it as the "Parisian Dream" version, it's quite good. Is that the same you're calling Ground Zero?

No, it's different. I have "Parisian Dream" too. It's a pretty good bootleg too.

I bought a bootleg DVD from her show in Paris, some people refer to it as the "Parisian Dream" version, it's quite good. Is that the same you're calling Ground Zero?

I'm in Parisian dream.I'm the first one she touches during Imagine :wow:

I'm in Parisian dream.I'm the first one she touches during Imagine :wow:

Wow! Good for you! :looking for Ignore button:

just kidding

I found a site that has the Ground Zero concert on Megaupload, 42 files!!! :confused:

Found this post on Popjustice

'DVD starts with 10 minutes of footage showing a very enthusiastic crowd, before the lights dim and "The Beast Within" opens the show. "Vogue" and "Nobody Knows Me" are good, maybe because she's lipsynching? Her smile at the camera after she has belted out "Frozen" alone is worth the dvd itself. However, she does sound a bit shouty throughout the song, although she is on key.

Everything about "American Life" is a mess. There's too much going on, nothing is in unison. She fucks up the ending of "Express Yourself". She forgets the last "baby ready or not" line and it shows, she even scrunches up her face, acknowledging the mistake.

"Burning Up" and "Material Girl" have some great crowd shots, she just stands there, concentrating too much on playing her guitar and it really shows.

The way "Bedtime Story" is edited looks very cheesy and amateurish. "Hanky Panky" is ok; however the backdrop distracts from the performance itself. "Deeper and Deeper" is filmed nice, but somewhat dull and "Die Another Day" looks good, but doesn't fit in.

The rest of the dvd is ok, but by no means as good as the brilliant IGTTYAS footage.'

Also I found out why it wasn't released:

Christian Lamb (not to be confused with his dad, Chris Lamb, who has been production manager on all of Madonna's tours) was asked to direct the dvd as he was also the live venue screens director. It was filmed during the two final shows in Lisbon. The main issue was that Madonna felt Christian didn't have a clear vision of how he wanted to present the show, and ultimately, after dozens of edits, she wasn't pleased with the final footage. (He ended up with a special thanks in the IGTTYAS credits and was re-hired as live venue screens director for the Confessions Tour.)

Also, there are possible legal reasons. Hamish Hamilton was hired to direct a live CBS broadcast of one of the European shows, which ultimately didn't materialise because Madonna wanted to have the full show broadcast without any commercial breaks. He later filed a lawsuit against Madonna because he wasn't paid for the pre-production work he had done.

There was also an issue with her then Manager Caresse Henry. Madonna sacked her after finding out she'd been having an affair with Madonna's married bodyguard (not to mention allegations of money laundering), but Caresse was executive producer of the live show, and Madonna didn't want her getting anymore money after she'd been sacked.

Found this post on Popjustice

'DVD starts with 10 minutes of footage showing a very enthusiastic crowd, before the lights dim and "The Beast Within" opens the show. "Vogue" and "Nobody Knows Me" are good, maybe because she's lipsynching? Her smile at the camera after she has belted out "Frozen" alone is worth the dvd itself. However, she does sound a bit shouty throughout the song, although she is on key.

Everything about "American Life" is a mess. There's too much going on, nothing is in unison. She fucks up the ending of "Express Yourself". She forgets the last "baby ready or not" line and it shows, she even scrunches up her face, acknowledging the mistake.

"Burning Up" and "Material Girl" have some great crowd shots, she just stands there, concentrating too much on playing her guitar and it really shows.

The way "Bedtime Story" is edited looks very cheesy and amateurish. "Hanky Panky" is ok; however the backdrop distracts from the performance itself. "Deeper and Deeper" is filmed nice, but somewhat dull and "Die Another Day" looks good, but doesn't fit in.

The rest of the dvd is ok, but by no means as good as the brilliant IGTTYAS footage.'

Also I found out why it wasn't released:

Christian Lamb (not to be confused with his dad, Chris Lamb, who has been production manager on all of Madonna's tours) was asked to direct the dvd as he was also the live venue screens director. It was filmed during the two final shows in Lisbon. The main issue was that Madonna felt Christian didn't have a clear vision of how he wanted to present the show, and ultimately, after dozens of edits, she wasn't pleased with the final footage. (He ended up with a special thanks in the IGTTYAS credits and was re-hired as live venue screens director for the Confessions Tour.)

Also, there are possible legal reasons. Hamish Hamilton was hired to direct a live CBS broadcast of one of the European shows, which ultimately didn't materialise because Madonna wanted to have the full show broadcast without any commercial breaks. He later filed a lawsuit against Madonna because he wasn't paid for the pre-production work he had done.

There was also an issue with her then Manager Caresse Henry. Madonna sacked her after finding out she'd been having an affair with Madonna's married bodyguard (not to mention allegations of money laundering), but Caresse was executive producer of the live show, and Madonna didn't want her getting anymore money after she'd been sacked.

Even if any of this is true, I couldn't care less. I just like to have an official version of it. Nothing will replace the feeling of being actually there for three shows for me, but all the mistakes and what not mentioned in this above article means nothing because no entertainer is perfect throughout their show. Every entertainer has pitch issues and messes up their lines, etc. That's what is so great about a live show. You see the actual artist in action on stage. And I've never signed on to being a Madonna fan simply because I think she has a great live voice. Her "Who's That Girl" tour had a lot of bad vocals, but it still was fun to watch and listen to. Madonna is a performer. That's what I like about her. She puts on a great show no matter how shitty her voice may sound for certain songs or what she messes up.

The show *was* to air on CBS, and back then, there were rumors of M wanting a commercial-free airing (which would not have happened- it's regular television, after all- only presidential addresses and breaking-news reports air uninterrupted).

The show *was* to air on CBS, and back then, there were rumors of M wanting a commercial-free airing (which would not have happened- it's regular television, after all- only presidential addresses and breaking-news reports air uninterrupted).

Yep. I remember that too. So it's not "Bullshit!".

We'll never know the full truth why this isn't released, but I find it odd that both this concert and Blond Ambition both haven't gotten a conventional release, yet both were proceeded with a documentary. It does make me wonder if Madonna wanted to keep the emphasis on her documentary. Yet, Madonna DID say in an interview once, it will see the light of day. Did she lie? NO! I'm guessing something is preventing the release. And I highly doubt it has anything to do with her being unhappy with the filming.