Get Up Lisbon (RIT Tour) has leaked

neutrocks

The leaked "Die Another Day" video is only marginally better, some of the shots are identical to this leak and does not have that music video feel either (other than the backdrop video being intercut sometimes).

Hi, Danny! It's funny you brought up the leaked "Die Another Day" -- I just looked up that older clip this afternoon to watch/compare, and I was surprised it is different. (You're right -- I wouldn't say it is leaps-and-bounds superior, though!!!)

The thing that made me want to check it out was that I knew it kinda began with her dangling her headband over the pit -- which is completely missing (or else just totally obscured in shadow) on this newer leak. And, as you said, the older one was intercut with the background (which seemed unnecessary for this performance, imo... kinda ridiculous to have her come back in on the audio vocally after a dance break, but you don't see her, you just see the background X-rays or whatever... weirdly executed, at any rate).

So my big question is this... where did the earlier leaked video come from?! I'm not thoroughly convinced by the latest version of the story that's surrounding this leak. I mean, I have no clue -- it might be true. But I'd never heard before that Hamish Hamilton never recorded the show. I know about the lawsuit and all, but I didn't think that he never filmed. I guess I thought his involvement was for the DVD, too -- not just the CBS special which failed to occur. (We were always told Jonas shot Paris for the documentary and Hamish shot Lisbon for the DVD. Now suddenly it's Chris Lamb's son who shot Lisbon? Weird. Totally possible, of course, just odd that that secret has been kept all this time.)

And leaving the concert, everyone was calling people on their cells saying how she had to 'cut songs out' since she was so late so she didnt do any hits! ROTFL I was thinking 'these people obviously do not read any fan sites or spoilers or they'd know THAT was the show!"

Ha! Yeah -- there were definitely some 'uninitiated' folks present at DWT. I sat next to this woman who was asking me, "Wait, so there's no Vogue? No Like a Virgin? How do you know she won't sing it TONIGHT?" I had to go through this long explanation about how it was very theatrical and dramatic and all prepared for a certain setlist. She was initially disappointed -- but after "Ray of Light," just as the "Paradise" interlude was beginning, she leaned over to me and said, "You're so lucky this is your first concert! It's more dramatic than anything I've ever seen!" I took that as a positive thing, because before the show she was just kicking back with a beer, saying (in a slightly blase, jaded tone), "Yeah, I've seen the Stones, I've seen Springsteen... Figured I'd never seen Madonna, live so, what the heck?"

Meanwhile, I had to pay a scalper on ebay about five times the worth of the tickets just to be in the same room. I was so glad to be there -- even though I was in the very back section of MCI Center. (Front row, but last tier of seats.) That might have been the last time Madonna had $45 tickets for an indoor gig in the U.S. (that weren't 'obstructed view' or something).

The people next to my friend were eating pork rinds. Ew.

Why dont you ever get the regular tickets? I've never had to pay extra to have them mailed to me. I just bought tix from ticketmaster the other day and the e=ticket and actual ticket were both free.

:confused: I feel a little ripped off suddenly. The last couple times I've gone through Ticketmaster, they say (to me) that if you want the tickets, you HAVE to get, like, 2-day UPS delivery or something, which costs something like $14.95 or whatever. The e-ticket was only a small fee (maybe $2 or something?). I don't know... not sure if I have any paperwork or anything saved that breaks out the charges. (There really shouldn't be any charge for the e-ticket.) Maybe they've changed their policy recently? Or else maybe it has to do with the fact that I went through an ICON pre-sale for RIT, CT, and S&ST... Not sure. It's probably just me. I have a way of making everything more complicated than it needs to be.

Not sure. It's probably just me. I have a way of making everything more complicated than it needs to be.

aww, dont say that about my friend! :)

so DW was your first Madonna show? i guess you're young? The Virgin Tour was my first Madonna show so i've seen 'em all. and if she didnt come here (Girlie Show, Confessions, S-S) i went to her.

i know what you mean about being in the back for DW, i was actually in the last row of my section, all the way at the top. but i did one of those AOL pre-sale thingys and it was not worth it. the girls next to me were so disappointed in the whole show. They had seen the Girlie Show and remembered the opening and kept saying how they hoped this would be sexual and raunchy and i knew it wasnt gonna be. at one point (about 5 hours into waiting for the show to start) one of the girls goes "I hope its not a lot of Ray of Light stuff cause i hate that cd" and i was like "oh lord, you have a long ass night ahead of you sweet thing"

The leaked Burning Up clip from a few years back is alot better than what was just recently leaked, imo.

I think what we recently got was just filmed as is, it must before it went into the editing process.

The leaked Burning Up clip from a few years back is alot better than what was just recently leaked, imo.

I think what we recently got was just filmed as is, it must before it went into the editing process.

This is just one of the two shows filmed for the dvd. Yes, it's very similar with the usual stuff for the screens, but some it's different (from the NY bootleg, for example).

Watched some of it again- it suffices just fine in place of... guess what? We have no official release to compare it to. :doofus: It's far superior to any bootleg of the show- better be, as it's a professionally shot cut.

This leak is what WB (and company) get for holding out on releasing the dang thing for so long.

Watched some of it again- it suffices just fine in place of... guess what? We have no official release to compare it to. :doofus: It's far superior to any bootleg of the show- better be, as it's a professionally shot cut.

This leak is what WB (and company) get for holding out on releasing the dang thing for so long.

Exactly. I'm all for supporting the artists, but when they or their companies hold back, they are going to find themselves losing a lot of revenue, especially if they hold back. With Madonna, they shouldn't have held back.

Guest Danny86

Hi, Danny! It's funny you brought up the leaked "Die Another Day" -- I just looked up that older clip this afternoon to watch/compare, and I was surprised it is different. (You're right -- I wouldn't say it is leaps-and-bounds superior, though!!!)

The thing that made me want to check it out was that I knew it kinda began with her dangling her headband over the pit -- which is completely missing (or else just totally obscured in shadow) on this newer leak. And, as you said, the older one was intercut with the background (which seemed unnecessary for this performance, imo... kinda ridiculous to have her come back in on the audio vocally after a dance break, but you don't see her, you just see the background X-rays or whatever... weirdly executed, at any rate).

So my big question is this... where did the earlier leaked video come from?! I'm not thoroughly convinced by the latest version of the story that's surrounding this leak. I mean, I have no clue -- it might be true. But I'd never heard before that Hamish Hamilton never recorded the show. I know about the lawsuit and all, but I didn't think that he never filmed. I guess I thought his involvement was for the DVD, too -- not just the CBS special which failed to occur. (We were always told Jonas shot Paris for the documentary and Hamish shot Lisbon for the DVD. Now suddenly it's Chris Lamb's son who shot Lisbon? Weird. Totally possible, of course, just odd that that secret has been kept all this time.)

The earlier leak came from Warner I believe, they were posted on some French online music store or something.

Hamish Hamilton never went to Lisbon and did not record this show, the CBS special (which was meant to be the DVD) fell out earlier. Christian Lamb was like a backup plan to preserve the show at least somehow. It was never a secret, just that there were so many conflicting rumors (at one point they said Jonas Akerlund recorded both Paris & Lisbon). On MadonnaLicious you can read the original article where it's stated that Hamilton only filmed in Manchester and London and was just "scouting locations in Portugal": http://www.madonnalicious.com/archive/april2005.html

Thanks for finding the link that article, Danny. (In case anyone else cares, I'll paste the full text below my post...)

I guess I got confused because "Done and Dusted" sued for pre-production AND PRODUCTION costs. (I assumed you couldn't work on the production of something unless it had been filmed... :shrug:) But you are, of course, correct. It does say he only filmed rehearsals and then scouted the location in Portugal. That really is too bad if he never filmed it.

I knew the "Die Another Day" and "Burning Up" leaks were from Warner -- it was in connection with some French mobile phone promotion. And the videos on YouTube have a MFanzine logo watermark in the corner -- so I assume it was that Fanzine group that obtained them for the masses. That still leaves me with questions, though... I understand who distributed the clips -- what I meant to ask was who filmed the footage seen in them? I don't agree that the footage matches this new leak. I'd need to do a side-by-side comparison, I guess, to spot the overlapping footage -- but there is definitely footage we're not seeing that was edited together better than this most recent leak. So is that a product of the two Lisbon shows, both filmed by Christian Lamb? (I was hoping maybe it was the Hamish footage, but I guess that's not possible.)

I suppose it's also possible those leaks contain Jonas Akerlund's footage. It's really difficult to tell in the military and showgirl sections whether it's Paris or Lisbon -- to me, anyway. (Actually, the only sections I can tell the difference are the beginning -- because of the corset color -- and the very end, during "Holiday" because the dancers remove their tank tops at the end.)

Or -- wait a second -- it isn't possible that's the London gig it says Hamish filmed, is it?!

Here's the full text (with my emphasis added on the part I had selectively chosen to remember because it gave me hope -- haha!):

---

Madonna sued over 'failed payment' to director

Posted: 22 April 2005 - From contactmusic.com / New York Post - thanks to Eric

A British director and several British companies involved in the creation of Madonna's European TV concert special have sued the singer, alleging she still owes more than $300,000 in directing and production fees.

The lawsuit, filed Wednesday in Los Angeles County Superior Court, alleges that Madonna owes director Hamish Hamilton and The Rude Corp. $175,000 for work on a TV special of the singer's 2004 European 'Re-Invention Tour.'

Madonna's publicist, Liz Rosenberg, didn't immediately return a call for comment Thursday.

Hamilton alleges in the lawsuit that he traveled to shows in New York, Florida, California, Nevada, France and England as part of his contract and scouted locations in Portugal for the TV special.

The lawsuit also alleges that Madonna owes Done and Dusted Ltd. more than $155,000 for expenses incurred during preproduction and production work on the program.

Hamilton maintains he then filmed a dress rehearsal in Manchester, England, and footage from the singer's show in London, before scouting locations in Portugal for a planned TV special that never happened.

This is regarding the planned CBS TV special that was due to air from Lisbon, but which failed to materialise. Hamish Hamilton previously directed Madonna on her live HBO Drowned World tour broadcast and the DVD release of that tour.

posted by Fighter on mfanzine

IGTTYAS Vogue included scenes from Lisbon

I discovered something funny while editing the show with the footage from IGTTYAS, there's this shot that matched perfectly with lisbon, and then I realised, they took it from Lisbon, changed the colour of the corset digitally and edited it into IGTTYAS. Who knows what else is from Lisbon... Interesting...

C-IGTTYAS1.jpg

C-LISBON1.jpg

C-IGTTYAS2.jpg

C-LISBON2.jpg

C-IGTTYAS3.jpg

C-LISBON3-1.jpg

C-IGTTYAS4.jpg

C-LISBON4.jpg

C-IGTTYAS5.jpg

C-LISBON5.jpg

Peter, your posts are so long. :lol:

Sorry! :shy: I do need to be a little more concise, I guess...

This is really curious, though... I wonder why they would go to the trouble to "fake" that the corset was lilac -- because you can see the corset in a couple other quick montages, etc., and it's the champagne one. (Even backstage, the one for the pre-show prayer looks champagne to me -- even though it's black and white.)

I'll have to go look at Nobody Knows Me in IGTTYAS -- see if it's also digitally altered. That may be the reason -- one of the performances needed to change to match with the other one. Only two other possibilities: she just preferred the lilac color (odd, because she only wore it for a few shows in comparison to the other one), or else they were trying to 'cheat' as someone else said. Hope this doesn't land them in any legal hot water.

I never realized how great the Don't Tell me performance was with Bittersweet Symphony mixed in.

Yes, after all this time, it stands as one of the best performances of this tour

Reinvention was my first Madge concert...i was gutted that it never came out on DVD. M herself even said it would in Attitude magazine...right after her documentary! Naughty M

My first M tour was S&S. However, I was so intrigued by RIT after watching the clips on IGTTYAS. Now, after watching the full show, I'm not quite as impressed. It definitely had its highlights, but I see what you guys mean when you say it was kinda messy. The setlist seems to be on shuffle...

Guest Danny86

Thanks for finding the link that article, Danny. (In case anyone else cares, I'll paste the full text below my post...)

I guess I got confused because "Done and Dusted" sued for pre-production AND PRODUCTION costs. (I assumed you couldn't work on the production of something unless it had been filmed... :shrug:) But you are, of course, correct. It does say he only filmed rehearsals and then scouted the location in Portugal. That really is too bad if he never filmed it.

I knew the "Die Another Day" and "Burning Up" leaks were from Warner -- it was in connection with some French mobile phone promotion. And the videos on YouTube have a MFanzine logo watermark in the corner -- so I assume it was that Fanzine group that obtained them for the masses. That still leaves me with questions, though... I understand who distributed the clips -- what I meant to ask was who filmed the footage seen in them? I don't agree that the footage matches this new leak. I'd need to do a side-by-side comparison, I guess, to spot the overlapping footage -- but there is definitely footage we're not seeing that was edited together better than this most recent leak. So is that a product of the two Lisbon shows, both filmed by Christian Lamb? (I was hoping maybe it was the Hamish footage, but I guess that's not possible.)

I suppose it's also possible those leaks contain Jonas Akerlund's footage. It's really difficult to tell in the military and showgirl sections whether it's Paris or Lisbon -- to me, anyway. (Actually, the only sections I can tell the difference are the beginning -- because of the corset color -- and the very end, during "Holiday" because the dancers remove their tank tops at the end.)

Or -- wait a second -- it isn't possible that's the London gig it says Hamish filmed, is it?!

I doubt he filmed the whole London show, there were never reports about London getting filmed, it might have been just the first 3 songs footage that was given to tv stations or something.

Yes, most likely the leaked BU and DAD clips are made out of both Lisbon shows by Lamb. There's definitely no full show that was recorded by Hamish.

About that corset re-coloring, I guess that proves Madonna did like at least some of this leaked Lisbon footage, but I have a feeling the actual DVD show was relegated to bonus shots for the documentary when the process got delayed and all and was no longer considered as a "to be released" show. Which means either Madonna gave up releasing a full show of RIT 5 years ago already, either the DVD to be released someday her and Guy talk about is the unedited documentary footage (full songs, whole setlist) that is an amalgamation of several shows...

She did have the shoulder piece on the opposite shoulder earlier in the tour (in North America, at least, if not in the European leg of the tour)... But she also wore the champagne corset with the shoulder piece on the same side as the lilac one, so that doesn't prove or disprove anything... I just did it to make sure my memory wasn't faulty. (I think you can tell in IGTTYAS because they have her backstage before the first show and the shoulder thing is on her right shoulder, then it switches to the "Paris" show -- which we've now determined is a recolored Lisbon show -- and the shoulder piece is on her left shoulder.)

vogue_hq_ns2.jpg