Get Up Lisbon (RIT Tour) has leaked

neutrocks

This is cool, and I'll definitely watch it a few more times, BUT I need the professionally edited Jonas Ackerlund, music video film, this was meant to be. This is so clearly not the dvd cut, and was probably never meant to be seen by anyone other than Madonna, and her team. The weird angles, awkward cuts are just annoying on repeated viewings. :thumbsdown:

I know that Jonas cut is gathering dust somewhere, and hopefully it will see the light of day, and present the show as intended.

Guest gloriesbarcelona

I still can't download the DVD because Warner is removing the download links withing MINUTES of them being posted.

If they care so much then why didn't they just release the fucking DVD 6 years ago?

I've posted new links in the multimedia section ;)

The problem with the IGTTYAS edits is, like Truth or Dare, it's not the whole performance for some (all?) tracks (i.e. "Vogue"). We don't know if that's what the DVD was going to look like or not (just like the BAT DVD probably wouldn't have had the same cut as the TOD performances). But, looking at the Confessions Tour DVD, it could have had all kinds of crazy special effects.

Did the S&S broadcast have any effects? Or will the production team "dazzle" us with some on the actual DVD?

We don't get Madonna tours here in Australia , so watching RIT in professionally shot footage was my first time seeing the show properly.

I gotta say, compared to CT and S&S, what a load of shit.

It hasn't aged well, sure there are some highlights, Burning Up, Vogue and Holiday but most of it was just badly thrown together, Into The Groove looks lazy and Don't Tell Me was boring.

Maybe I just waited too long to see it, maybe it was M in damage control after AL, it is 6 years later, CT and S&S were awesome

Guest Madlover033003

its not a dull show...it was just very controlled. it didn't rely on the audience to make it a solid show, while CT and S&S heavily rely on the audience for the extra oomph!

The problem with the IGTTYAS edits is, like Truth or Dare, it's not the whole performance for some (all?) tracks (i.e. "Vogue"). We don't know if that's what the DVD was going to look like or not (just like the BAT DVD probably wouldn't have had the same cut as the TOD performances). But, looking at the Confessions Tour DVD, it could have had all kinds of crazy special effects.

Did the S&S broadcast have any effects? Or will the production team "dazzle" us with some on the actual DVD?

the S&S broadcast had some effects but nothing like Confessions did. Some of the stuff going on in MUSIC during confessions (the 3-d twisting wine glasses or whatever) was just stupid and not necessary. I only remember the opening segment of S-S having effects. During the pinball candy thingy going on, they tried to over-impose the candy ball thing coming right off the screens over the audience etc. The rest was filmed ok. One thing i didnt like about the Confessions filming was there were obvious re-cuts like when the disco ball opens and she's looking right at the camera, that shot does not look like it was during the actual concert, some times i think she did some live re-shots for close up effects...that was distracting. BUT that said, the broadcast of S&S was better than seeing it in person. I didnt really enjoy it live.

the S&S broadcast had some effects but nothing like Confessions did. Some of the stuff going on in MUSIC during confessions (the 3-d twisting wine glasses or whatever) was just stupid and not necessary. I only remember the opening segment of S-S having effects. During the pinball candy thingy going on, they tried to over-impose the candy ball thing coming right off the screens over the audience etc. The rest was filmed ok. One thing i didnt like about the Confessions filming was there were obvious re-cuts like when the disco ball opens and she's looking right at the camera, that shot does not look like it was during the actual concert, some times i think she did some live re-shots for close up effects...that was distracting. BUT that said, the broadcast of S&S was better than seeing it in person. I didnt really enjoy it live.

yes the close ups were actually filmed on her day off, without an audience :chuckle:.

But I have 2 say the CT dvd is cool..Jonas obviously treated it like a film & I think it fits the concept.

Even her live vocals during the gig had these effects 2 sound like a record..Madonna was very specific about it.

The whole Confessions project (album, promo, look, tour etc..) was wonderfully executed IMO.

I loved Confessions too. The tour is my fave, the cd is my fave, i loved everything about it, and the DVD is good, just not what i prefer in a concert dvd. I like the bootlegs better, but i do LIKE the dvd, but i just like my concerts a bit more raw. And that mugging for closeups and smirking got on my nerves after a while. You had that awesome opening segment and then that out of no where close up of her looking right into the camera and smirking, it was like 'where the F did that come from?"

still good though.

I loved Confessions too. The tour is my fave, the cd is my fave, i loved everything about it, and the DVD is good, just not what i prefer in a concert dvd. I like the bootlegs better, but i do LIKE the dvd, but i just like my concerts a bit more raw. And that mugging for closeups and smirking got on my nerves after a while. You had that awesome opening segment and then that out of no where close up of her looking right into the camera and smirking, it was like 'where the F did that come from?"

still good though.

I know what u mean..The CT is a brilliant video..but It's not what I look 4 either..in fact it kinda bores me 2 watch it now.

It's the same with the tv broadcast they have over dubbed her vocals heavily

so Borderline appears out of sync. I went to 3 S&S shows and the vocals were horrible

on Borderline. It's so obvious the vocals on the tv broadcast aren't live. Same

with parts of ITTG, LAP and Shes Not Me.

i just watched my copy of this show and i dont think she looks out of sync at all. yes, it appears heavily dubbed cause in parts like when she says "i'm going to lose my Miiiiiind" its a completely different sound, then the dubs are back in, but its in sync.

when i saw her in NYC, i actually enjoyed borderline and i dont even like the song.

I know what u mean..The CT is a brilliant video..but It's not what I look 4 either..in fact it kinda bores me 2 watch it now.

LOL! i think what happened to me was i loved this tour so much (saw it 2 times in NY, the atlantic city show and Philly) and i also bought about 10 gazillion bootlegs that by the time the real dvd came out, i was kinda wore out from the bootlegs. There's always a tradeoff, the bootlegs capture the raw emotions of a show but lack the polish of good sound and visual.

i wonder what re-invention would have looked like cause the clips during "secret' appear just as crazy with such fast wild cuts and those close ups again (all thru Vogue) would have been nice to see Vogue shot where you could actually see what was going on and not such strong close ups where you miss the screens in the back etc. Plus that one hot ass dancer she wraps her leg around....needed more of him! :)

LOL! i think what happened to me was i loved this tour so much (saw it 2 times in NY, the atlantic city show and Philly) and i also bought about 10 gazillion bootlegs that by the time the real dvd came out, i was kinda wore out from the bootlegs. There's always a tradeoff, the bootlegs capture the raw emotions of a show but lack the polish of good sound and visual.

i wonder what re-invention would have looked like cause the clips during "secret' appear just as crazy with such fast wild cuts and those close ups again (all thru Vogue) would have been nice to see Vogue shot where you could actually see what was going on and not such strong close ups where you miss the screens in the back etc. Plus that one hot ass dancer she wraps her leg around....needed more of him! :)

What u reckon 2 b the best CT bootleg? I love bootlegs..

What u reckon 2 b the best CT bootleg? I love bootlegs..

ok, my fave one is a tie between opening night May 21..that one is just frigging amazing. i think its the one known as the 'barney' video cause of that damn barney icon in the corner the entire time. I like this one cause its so damn ELECTRIC. the crowd just about exploded when the disco ball opened. plus MUSIC INFERNO was incredible on this bootleg.

I also like NY June 29th cause you can see a lot more than the California verisons. I have bootlegs of several of the new york shows except the 2 i went to :(

the new york shows are always good bootlegs cause they're a great crowd. My Washington DC Re-invention bootleg is pretty hot. I get mine from a guy in Mexico City.

ok, my fave one is a tie between opening night May 21..that one is just frigging amazing. i think its the one known as the 'barney' video cause of that damn barney icon in the corner the entire time. I like this one cause its so damn ELECTRIC. the crowd just about exploded when the disco ball opened. plus MUSIC INFERNO was incredible on this bootleg.

I also like NY June 29th cause you can see a lot more than the California verisons. I have bootlegs of several of the new york shows except the 2 i went to :(

the new york shows are always good bootlegs cause they're a great crowd. My Washington DC Re-invention bootleg is pretty hot. I get mine from a guy in Mexico City.

I used 2 watch NYC 29th on youtube all the time..& I quite liked the Rome one cuz I was there & it's cool 4 a stadium boot.

I think have that NYC bootleg -- which is cool, because I'm also 99% sure that's the date I saw CT in NYC. I'd have to go back and look, though, as my brain isn't fully functioning for some reason. There are a couple things from that bootleg that I wish had remained in the official release. Can't recall off the top of my head -- just shots where you could see a particular dance move differently and stuff like that.

Which RIT DC show do you have? That's where I saw RIT... (Also saw DWT there.)

I think have that NYC bootleg -- which is cool, because I'm also 99% sure that's the date I saw CT in NYC. I'd have to go back and look, though, as my brain isn't fully functioning for some reason. There are a couple things from that bootleg that I wish had remained in the official release. Can't recall off the top of my head -- just shots where you could see a particular dance move differently and stuff like that.

Which RIT DC show do you have? That's where I saw RIT... (Also saw DWT there.)

do you live in DC/Maryland? I do! I went to both RIT shows here in DC. but i have the bootleg of the first show...the sunday show. I believe that was June 13th? it was definately sunday night. and it was the 1st east coast show cause she said something about the west coast having nice crowds but ours was GREAT. of course something i'm sure she says everywhere but it was nice to hear. I dont believe her much cause she stopped coming here after that tour! LOL

the DW show...did you go to the one where she didnt even start till after 1030? the one where there was the power outage early in the day from thunderstorms that knocked out the arena power. and she didnt even start the soundcheck until after 7pm. I'll never forget once the show began and you know how in Drowned World she is on that moving belt thing and its pulling her toward the front of the stage? She looked over at Donna and Nikki with a look on her face like YIKES! (cause people were booing her)

i felt the Confessions dvd kinda blew it during Music Inferno cause the bootlegs show how fantastic that part was and the special effects going on during the dvd kinda obscure some of the great dancing going on. plus some of it was the fake re-shoots and not the real thing.

^ No, I'm not from DC/Maryland, rafter -- but that's the closest to me for Madonna concerts. And yeah -- lol! -- she did stop going to DC after RIT, which is why I saw CT and S&ST in New York.

For DWT, I did not see the night that she went on really late... I saw the next night -- Rocco's birthday! :) I remember she said something about it before "I Deserve It" -- how he was home asleep, but it was his birthday. I drove down to DC (from Pennsylvania, where I live) in all that rain and thunderstorm. (It *really* WAS the DROWNED WORLD TOUR in DC!!) That was an unpleasant drive, I'll say that. People shouldn't have booed her, though... It wasn't her fault the weather delayed her plane or something. (At least that's what I thought ... She didn't even do her hair that night because of the delay. I only saw a few pics online of that night, but you can tell her hair was pretty wild.)

For RIT... Hmm. I'm thinking we were probably at the same night. I'd have to go back and look, but I think it was on my birthday, so that would be the right one. That was the last concert I had a proper 'ticket' for, so I can find it and check. (Since then I've done the e-ticket thing you can print out yourself. I imagine most people do that these days just to save on cost. I do kinda miss having the ticket as a souvenir, though.)

I agree with you about the CT dvd editing on Music Inferno -- it does take away a little bit, because it makes it seem like they're covering up something, when there really is no need to. Even Erotica -- which I love and adore in the Stuart remix and CT choreography -- suffers a little in the slow-mo department. It makes it look like they're artificially enhancing her lifts and spins with Jason -- and they were so breathtaking in real time! There's no need for it to look 'fake.' But otherwise, I can't complain; it's still a gorgeous DVD overall. It's slick and shiny and that's the way it was meant to be.

Okay -- sorry for the off-topic! Back to RIT Lisbon footage!

Guest Danny86

Just watching again, I am having difficulty working out if all of Vogue was mimed. It looks like she is singing over a backing track.

In IGTTYAS the over dubbing makes appear like she is miming.

I seriously doubt the headset mic was even turned on. When it seems like she's singing, it's Donna and Siedah. Singing over a backing track is what she did on BAT and S&ST, for RIT and CT she preferred to fully re-record and mime several songs. It's no coincidence she does that on tours where she dances less.

This is cool, and I'll definitely watch it a few more times, BUT I need the professionally edited Jonas Ackerlund, music video film, this was meant to be. This is so clearly not the dvd cut, and was probably never meant to be seen by anyone other than Madonna, and her team. The weird angles, awkward cuts are just annoying on repeated viewings. :thumbsdown:

I know that Jonas cut is gathering dust somewhere, and hopefully it will see the light of day, and present the show as intended.

The leaked "Die Another Day" video is only marginally better, some of the shots are identical to this leak and does not have that music video feel either (other than the backdrop video being intercut sometimes). I doubt Jonas was ever meant to touch this footage, his was Paris that made into the documentary and as of now, for Madonna, that footage represents the show. Like I said earlier, if Madonna HAD to release a RIT DVD, chances are, she'd just put out the full Paris footage instead of this. When they recorded Paris, it's not like they used the live feed and turned it into the music video film, it was a whole different process.

its not a dull show...it was just very controlled. it didn't rely on the audience to make it a solid show, while CT and S&S heavily rely on the audience for the extra oomph!

I thought singing the hits is a clear sign it heavily relies on the audience? :doh: If it wasn't for Jamie King telling her to do "Material Girl" because it would be a crowd pleaser, she would have never even considered it...

i felt the Confessions dvd kinda blew it during Music Inferno cause the bootlegs show how fantastic that part was and the special effects going on during the dvd kinda obscure some of the great dancing going on. plus some of it was the fake re-shoots and not the real thing.

yes!!! I totally agree with you!!!!!!! :bow:

OK watched it, loved it.

Is there a version that doesnt completely fuck up at the end? Mine conked out halway through holiday.

EDIT ignore me, just found it in mutimedia. wooooooooooo!

OK watched it, loved it.

Is there a version that doesnt completely fuck up at the end? Mine conked out halway through holiday.

Wish I could see it too (hint hint) :crazy:

OK watched it, loved it.

No sorry, the torrent I posted is amazing (extras, chapters etc) but both songs are not fixed.

You can find the audio fixed, but not the video.

^ No, I'm not from DC/Maryland, rafter -- but that's the closest to me for Madonna concerts. And yeah -- lol! -- she did stop going to DC after RIT, which is why I saw CT and S&ST in New York.

For DWT, I did not see the night that she went on really late... I saw the next night -- Rocco's birthday! :) I remember she said something about it before "I Deserve It" -- how he was home asleep, but it was his birthday. I drove down to DC (from Pennsylvania, where I live) in all that rain and thunderstorm. (It *really* WAS the DROWNED WORLD TOUR in DC!!) That was an unpleasant drive, I'll say that. People shouldn't have booed her, though... It wasn't her fault the weather delayed her plane or something. (At least that's what I thought ... She didn't even do her hair that night because of the delay. I only saw a few pics online of that night, but you can tell her hair was pretty wild.)

For RIT... Hmm. I'm thinking we were probably at the same night. I'd have to go back and look, but I think it was on my birthday, so that would be the right one. That was the last concert I had a proper 'ticket' for, so I can find it and check. (Since then I've done the e-ticket thing you can print out yourself. I imagine most people do that these days just to save on cost. I do kinda miss having the ticket as a souvenir, though.)

I agree with you about the CT dvd editing on Music Inferno -- it does take away a little bit, because it makes it seem like they're covering up something, when there really is no need to. Even Erotica -- which I love and adore in the Stuart remix and CT choreography -- suffers a little in the slow-mo department. It makes it look like they're artificially enhancing her lifts and spins with Jason -- and they were so breathtaking in real time! There's no need for it to look 'fake.' But otherwise, I can't complain; it's still a gorgeous DVD overall. It's slick and shiny and that's the way it was meant to be.

Okay -- sorry for the off-topic! Back to RIT Lisbon footage!

DW (the night she was 10 hours late starting) was a classic evening to say the least. Yeah, her hair was a disaster and the booing was outrageous. People were just tripping over stupid stuff. they made several announcements telling us what had happened, yet people were mad and saying she should have already been in the area, what was she thinking only arriving hours before etc etc. I didnt have anywhere else to be so i didnt mind LOL. And leaving the concert, everyone was calling people on their cells saying how she had to 'cut songs out' since she was so late so she didnt do any hits! ROTFL I was thinking 'these people obviously do not read any fan sites or spoilers or they'd know THAT was the show!"

I go to her NY shows a lot too and actually prefer them to DC but of course DC is in my backyard so if she were to come here again, of course i'd go to those. If you ever need someone to see her with...i'm here :)

Why dont you ever get the regular tickets? I've never had to pay extra to have them mailed to me. I just bought tix from ticketmaster the other day and the e=ticket and actual ticket were both free.