I'm Watching The Next Best Thing...

Chuck82

Pud hates The Next Worst Thing as well, proof that it's iredeemably bad :fag:

The rumours that the director John Schlesinger died cause of this and Madonna were very unsavoury. :( Such a shame about him, he did Midnight Express which is like the best film ever. He was well past his prime by the time of TNBT, his last big movies were in the mid 70s.

At the time people were saying this was just a rip off of the Jennifer Aniston/Paul Rudd romcom The Object Of My Affection and Will & Grace - which she of course sadly would go on to guest in. :gross:

In my mind I went back to her Vogue Evita Interview quote, after I saw TNBT :

'I'm not insanely jealous of the movies Sandra Bullock and Demi Moor are making.

It's not art, its not cinema.'

(from the top of my head, so it's not 100% accurate) :fag:

The fact she randomly speaks in a British accent and has a constant glow from the back with the lighting was :lmao:

it's hilarious, i can see it from the trailer... was that kind of lighting a MADONNA request?

hmmm, all this loathing at TNBT is getting me curious to watch it...

Pud hates The Next Worst Thing as well, proof that it's iredeemably bad :fag:

The rumours that the director John Schlesinger died cause of this and Madonna were very unsavoury. :( Such a shame about him, he did Midnight Express which is like the best film ever. He was well past his prime by the time of TNBT, his last big movies were in the mid 70s.

Alan Parker directed Midnight Express. John Schlesinger directed Midnight Cowboy.

I remember seeing it on opening day. Me and my friend were the only ones there. :rotfl: Then I went on spring break to LA a few weeks later, and saw it AGAIN. I really don't know why I would take 2 hrs out of my trip to see this shit. :lol:

I'll admit, I was a young fag back when it was released, and I might have shed a tear or two the first time I saw it..... :tongue:

Guest Not4Pussies

i went to go see it when it came out. took my cousin and sister

i cringed and felt embarrased. good thing they didnt know much about madonna's bad acting in film, until then...

now swept away aint perfect but i enjoy that movie

Madonna has only starred in 2 good movies - Susan and Dangerous Game (decent film but the best part is that Madonna's acting is GREAT in it). Body of Evidence is great for a laugh and Swept Away is a bad movie but still somehow fun to watch. Evita puts me to sleep. And this movie is the worst of them all!

Madonna has only starred in 2 good movies - Susan and Dangerous Game (decent film but the best part is that Madonna's acting is GREAT in it). Body of Evidence is great for a laugh and Swept Away is a bad movie but still somehow fun to watch. Evita puts me to sleep. And this movie is the worst of them all!

See this is one thing I don't get.

Alot of people seem to think Susan is her best movie... but she was rarely IN the movie...

she's just the poster girl for it... but i'd hardly call her the lead character, even if the story is connected to that character... but you could easily see why it's called "Desperately Missing Susan" :chuckle:

EVITA is epic and a masterpiece... by far her best movie without question and the only movie which Hollywood gave her credit for...

EVERYONE i've showed it to loved it...

See this is one thing I don't get.

Alot of people seem to think Susan is her best movie... but she was rarely IN the movie...

she's just the poster girl for it... but i'd hardly call her the lead character, even if the story is connected to that character... but you could easily see why it's called "Desperately Missing Susan" :chuckle:

EVITA is epic and a masterpiece... by far her best movie without question and the only movie which Hollywood gave her credit for...

EVERYONE i've showed it to loved it...

Get real..Susan is the heart of Desperately Seeking Susan. Extremely rare 4 a supporting role.

But u like Evita. Which isn't a movie per se..more like a collection of sepia toned post cards

edited 2 the horrible music of Andrew Loyd Webber..Yeah she was great in it. But boy was that

movie overrated.

I crack up when people think because she came out great in Evita, she would follow up a non-musical with a stellar performance when she never did so before. Certainly, there are a couple films which she did some decent acting such as Dangerous Game, but that film just sucked. The best parts of her acting was the film they were making within the movie. In any event, Evita was right up her alley. She could hardly screw up a two hour music video since she's perfected that. Though, I will admit she emitted much realistic emotion that I've never seen in any other film she did, but again, I've seen her do it in videos as well. It just has something to do with her speaking voice and how when she does speaking roles, she doesn't sound as confident. And when she does, it's almost too confident which results in sounding too fake or unrealistic.

The Next Best Thing is a decent film. Definitely something I can see made for LIFETIME. I'm not going to say her acting was the great, but I enjoyed the film nevertheless. I agree that lighting was bad. Not sure what the hell that was about??

I do have to agree with Zezwer. I wasn't really impressed with that film. She didn't seem to be in it that much and she was, she was simply playing up to the musical persona she created. I'm not even sure she even had to act for that. She just came in and delivered lines as her self. I think the reason why she is praised so much is because it was her first major film which broke out when she was on top of the world. We really didn't have much to compare her to until she started making more films.

My favorite character is the over the top Niki Finn. I will admit "Who's That Girl" is pretty much a dumb movie, but I loved Madonna's character. Or I loved the random multi-personalities she came up with.

Get real..Susan is the heart of Desperately Seeking Susan. Extremely rare 4 a supporting role.

But u like Evita. Which isn't a movie per se..more like a collection of sepia toned post cards

edited 2 the horrible music of Andrew Loyd Webber..Yeah she was great in it. But boy was that

movie overrated.

Precisely. Madonna may have put her blood sweat and tears into that movie but I still hate it. It's boring. Then again I am allergic to musicals.

Susan may not have taken much acting from Madonna, but it was a hot movie. And Dangerous Game is a great film, you just have to have hte patience to get over the first 10 minutes or so. It's not for everyone but it picks up nicely.

Precisely. Madonna may have put her blood sweat and tears into that movie but I still hate it. It's boring. Then again I am allergic to musicals.

Susan may not have taken much acting from Madonna, but it was a hot movie. And Dangerous Game is a great film, you just have to have hte patience to get over the first 10 minutes or so. It's not for everyone but it picks up nicely.

I love Snake Eyes..He told me if he couldn't get in2 my pussy he was gonna put it in my mouth & I would have done everything.

That was creepy..after the NME 95 interview..watching that scene again..u just know given that the script was kinda thrown out & they could improvise..she was drawing from experience.

Yes. Sometimes it doesn't even look like Madonna is acting in that movie. It's her most complex film. Acko, do you have the NME interview by chance?

not right now..I'll have a look 2moro.

THIS, I don't mind Swept Away, but this is just unbearably awful.

Exactly. Swept Away is slow as fuck, but there isnt sooo much shit going on like TNBT. Plus, there that one cute scene in Swept Away.