I'm Watching The Next Best Thing...

Chuck82

I love Snake Eyes..He told me if he couldn't get in2 my pussy he was gonna put it in my mouth & I would have done everything.

That was creepy..after the NME 95 interview..watching that scene again..u just know given that the script was kinda thrown out & they could improvise..she was drawing from experience.

Yeah, I knew when I watched that she wasn't aware she was being filmed and was describing being raped, hence her saying she felt like the director kicked her in the stomach. Great interview.

Guest nothingfails0603

The worst movie of her canon. I even own Swept Away on DVD, you can't pay me to have TNBT. What is funny is that I normally love really bad campy vanity pictures (I own Graffiti Bridge and Under The Cherry Moon for fucks sake) but TNBT was soooo bad.

Never seen this movie but then again I have hardly seen any of her movies..

Never fully sat through DSS. Dont get the praise for this one. Everytime I tried to watch it I got bored and changed the channel.

Whos That Girl- Never seen the whole thing

Shit Suprise? Never saw it

Body of Evidence- Have only seen the sex scenes. Why else would anyone watch this?

I could go on and on.

She was perfect in Evita but its Madonna doing what she does best. Expressing emotion and acting through song.

And the best movie she was ever in to me is A League of Their Own. Sure she wasnt the "STAR" of the movie but she did great in it and the movie itself is fucking great.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

And the best movie she was ever in to me is A League of Their Own. Sure she wasnt the "STAR" of the movie but she did great in it and the movie itself is fucking great.

Agreed. Great film. She played herself, but it fit the character.

In my mind I went back to her Vogue Evita Interview quote, after I saw TNBT :

'I'm not insanely jealous of the movies Sandra Bullock and Demi Moor are making.

It's not art, its not cinema.'

(from the top of my head, so it's not 100% accurate) :fag:

I fucking LOVE that Vogue interview. She was such an embittered cunty hag in it, she later lashed out at the interviewer and claimed she was "misquoted" :chuckle:

I always wanted to read the Rolling Stone interview from 1997 cause I read she was a bytch in that as well, slagging off The Spice Girls and Gwen Stefani (or so I remember reading :confused:). This was just before Kaballah and the new image Earth Mother phase kicked in.

Guest nothingfails0603

TNBT is the only M movie I can't find anything redeeming about.

Shanghai Surprise was so over the top that it works if you watch it for camp and not as a serious movie... same for Body Of Evidence

Who's That Girl isn't a bad comedy, it certainly doesn't take itself too seriously but it's far better than Rob Schneider and most Adam Sandler type comedies that it somehow gets lumped in.

Swept Away is a turd but at least the acting is so bad that it's amusing.

Guest boytoyville

I like this movie. I have a copy. I actually think that the story in Swept Away is really great and others that have watched it with me have also enjoyed it.

This is truly a horrible movie. Madonna has so many horrible moments as an actress....bless her....but this and Shanghai Surprise are 2 movies I just cannnot get through. At least she's hot in SS but TNBT is just horrible. There is absoultely NOTHING redeeming about it (although I liked the boob 1989/1999 part...I kept thinking of LAP era). I saw this with a girlfriend of mine when it came out and I practically had to beg her to go with me to see it as she had never heard anything about it. I promised her it would be cool....damn....I surely ate crow that night! I was damn near ashamed leaving the theater that night.

FLASHBACK: I remember after a looooooooong night out...lol....about 7-8 years ago, someone threw this piece of shit on in the early A.M. after a long night of drinking at the club and doing bumps of coke at the after party for hours and in my drug induced haze I was semi-touched....LOL. I can distinctly remember marching into Circuit City on the way home at about 2 in the afternoon that day after being up for about 30 hours to pick up TNBT soundtrack. At that moment, on that journey home, Time Stood Still (which I played over and over during that ride) was the most beautiful song I'd ever heard. :lol:

It just has something to do with her speaking voice and how when she does speaking roles, she doesn't sound as confident. And when she does, it's almost too confident which results in sounding too fake or unrealistic.

Yeah, exactly. Her voice is the problem she has with acting. And the blinking.

Guest bluejean

I only watched this once when I was very young and I fell asleep so I can't really comment.

I honestly thought 'Swept Away' was good. Her acting wasn't great, but it was a good movie.

I feel like Madonna is too self conscious to be a good actor. She always seems aware of the camera being there and doesn't live in the role. I think Susan worked because the character was very aloof and mysterious, so she could really tap into a character she'd already played in her everyday life. Evita worked mostly because of the amount of effort she put into it. And yes, because there was no spoken parts.

The one I've always liked that was also slated is 'Who's That Girl.' I think she did this role very well and was convincing. The issue I guess was that it wasn't a role that could be taken seriously in any way. But it was fun.

I would have liked to have seen that play she did in London, that would have been interesting to see how she handled that. I forget what it was called but did anyone see it?

Another problem with her is she always chooses characters too similar to herself - Dangerous Game, a slutty actress who couldn't act, Next Best Thing - a yoga teacher, Up For Grabs - an art dealer

We already know she's into yoga and a big art collector. Sure the general public don't necessarily know these things about Madonna, but all the same

I love how bitter she was in "Hollywood" - I lost my reputation, bad and good :wow:

Another problem with her is she always chooses characters too similar to herself - Dangerous Game, a slutty actress who couldn't act, Next Best Thing - a yoga teacher, Up For Grabs - an art dealer

We already know she's into yoga and a big art collector. Sure the general public don't necessarily know these things about Madonna, but all the same

I love how bitter she was in "Hollywood" - I lost my reputation, bad and good :wow:

UFG was quite alright..& probably the most gorgeous I've ever seen her, up close. :fag:

Even my friend Lulu agreed, my friend Lulu said, she said..'Such wonderful skin..'