Store Reports: How much? How many? Any displays?

thebigham

I bought the 2 CD at Best Buy and they really didn't have many copies in stock, I would say roughly 10 :/ One of the employees asked me if I needed help as I was searching for the video collection, and the ass, while he was looking in his computer to see if they had any in stock was telling me that some of M's music videos used to be good but not anymore, and he was also teasing me saying that I should listen to better music...bitch. Anyway, he said they didn't have the DVD in stock and that I'll have to wait till next week. As I was leaving to the checkout I was talking to my friend about how much of an ass he was, and then suddenly on some loud fucking speakers I hear Celebration haha it turns out he put the CD on just for me because I walked back to the music section and I heard Like a Prayer and he came up to me and told me that he put it on in my honor lol it was so loud but it sounded pretty bad ass, so I forgave him for being a little cunt.

I also went to Hastings which had one copy of the video collection for $24.99 and Wal Mart had the 1 CD and 2 CD for like $17 but no video collection :/

I bought the 2 CD at Best Buy and they really didn't have many copies in stock, I would say roughly 10 :/ One of the employees asked me if I needed help as I was searching for the video collection, and the ass, while he was looking in his computer to see if they had any in stock was telling me that some of M's music videos used to be good but not anymore, and he was also teasing me saying that I should listen to better music...bitch. Anyway, he said they didn't have the DVD in stock and that I'll have to wait till next week. As I was leaving to the checkout I was talking to my friend about how much of an ass he was, and then suddenly on some loud fucking speakers I hear Celebration haha it turns out he put the CD on just for me because I walked back to the music section and I heard Like a Prayer and he came up to me and told me that he put it on in my honor lol it was so loud but it sounded pretty bad ass, so I forgave him for being a little cunt.

I also went to Hastings which had one copy of the video collection for $24.99 and Wal Mart had the 1 CD and 2 CD for like $17 but no video collection :/

sounds like flirting to me.

Sydney, Australia: I went into my local JBHIFI(Major music/entertainment store) the other day.

They were pumping out "Celebration/Madonna Hits" on their stereo system, large posters of Madonna all over the store, and "Celebration" is #3 on their album chart! :thumbsup:

In itunes Paramore is ahead of both. Could they be the ones to snatch the #1 spot from Mariah.

I mean, granted Madonna is not gonna chart higher than Mimi. So lets hope that someone else blocks Mimi from the #1 spot.

Although Paramore's last album opened at 42K only but it eventually sold 1.278m, more than K=FC2. In addition, they are one of the featuring artist on Teen flick movie "Twilight", and they won a few Teen Choice Award in 2008/2009 with the Twilight song "Decode".

Will they be another "Miles Cyrus" (She bumped Obsessed out of top 10 during its debut) that stops Mimi from getting what she wants? :1251:

One of the Best Buys in Pittsburgh:

I checked last week to see what they would be getting in, and they were getting 20 of the 2 CD, 10 of the 1 CD, and 3 of the DVDs.

I returned to the store tonight to get my copies and I was NOT able to buy the DVD. The computer was showing that they had one available, but, in fact, none of their employees could find it for me. :eyeroll: So I just bought one each of the different CD releases. There were definitely more of the 1 CD left by that point, so I take that as a good sign that the 2 CD is moving. (The bad part is, it's only Tuesday, and they are almost out of stock -- loss of sales there.)

There were tons of Mariah CDs. There were no Babs CDs left in the new releases spot. I didn't check under 'S' -- there were probably some there.

The annoying thing was that in the music DVD section there were at least a dozen (if not more) of some Mariah DVD ("Adventures of Mimi" or something) -- which I assume is NOT a new release. Why they couldn't have ordered more copies of the NEW Madonna DVD, I do not understand.

Fortunately, my Amazon pre-order arrived today, so I opened that and watched disc two. I'll have to watch disc one tomorrow or later this week.

I checked Target -- just to see if they had the DVD -- but they were not carrying it. Just the 2 CD, alongside Mariah and Babs (just like the pic someone else posted from another Target) -- end of aisle placement. If you go to "M" though in the pop/rock section? They don't even have one copy of Celebration -- or ANY other Madonna album for that matter. I think that sucks.

Oh, also, annoyingly... Best Buy had poster/display items with Mariah's image all over them. Some of them listed the new releases for the week, but the image of her was large upon them. That seemed inequitable to Madonna and Barbra, but ... oh well. It's not like it even matters anyway.

I went to Wal-Mart early in the morning and bought

*The 2-CD set for $17.99

*The single disc for $10.00

Both CDs were displayed on the New Releases section,but I didn't count how many they had.Just as I predicted,they didn't have the DVD so I had to go to another store for that.I went to FYE where it was on sale for $22.99.It was the regular DVD packaging (not the digi-pack) and they only had one more in stock! I went there in the afternoon,so the other copies were probably sold earlier in the day.

Overall,it was a good shopping experience.I found all three items,on sale,and didn't have to travel very far for it (both stores are near my house).

I saw a large amount maybe unspoiled 30 double discs. in comparison to memoirs there was 40 or 50 maybe but sum were missing.

my suggestion to supress mariahs sales is to place celebration over memoirs to conceal it so people dont see mimi's album. maybe do this twice a day at ur local retailers. i did this at target and walmart already. if i have a chance im going to go back to hide in case they reorganized the shelves. if just a few thousand of us do this than thats like 50 cds each, it could possibly be 50k less for mimi

:):)

Got the 2-disc CD and the DVD at Best Buy in Los Feliz. There was only 1 copy of the DVD left in the store and we couldn't find it anywhere... I had the guy looking in the back when I looked in a re-stocking basket on the floor and found it hidden with a bunch of other new releases...score! The CD was on the table right as I walked in (no mimi or barbra there, strangely, but a bunch of other new releases) and there were only a few copies left - i checked in the music section and there were NONE...

I'm going to go looking for the 1 disc version at Target tomorrz.

MADONNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :inlove:

I bought it at my local independent record store. I know it's more expensive there than at the big chains, but I like supporting smaller retailers. The 2cd there was $21.99 and the DVD $24.99. I'm not sure what the one cd was. They had plenty of copies of the cd's and the DVD. This is in a gay neighborhood so they know there's a big market for it here! If you bought the 2cd and the DVD they gave you a free litrograph of Madonna from the Borderline video.

now that's what we wanna see..

Guest Topaz Scorpio

Stopped at the Best Buy near me on the way home from work yesterday. They had the 2 CD for $16.99, 1 CD for $9.99. I was only looking for the 2 CD so I didn't notice if they even had any of the 1 CD left. There was a whole slot of the 2 CDs. There was no display and not even a tag next to the CD advertising the sale price.

The DVD I almost didn't even see. They had 2 copies left at the bottom of the music DVD rack. Price was $24.99.

Guest jamesshot

Wal-Mart in Houston had 4 copies of the 2-CD version. Very hard to find. I had to search and search. No DVD's.

Of course Mariah CD's were VERY easy to find. And not just because she looks like a giant orangutan and hard to miss.

I went to both FYE's in Philly, the one in The Gallery, and the other on Broad/Chestnut street whatever is. I even stopped by the Borders too.

At the FYE's, no displays, i went around 6 PM, and they were just adding the CD's to the new releases section. I noticed that there were more copies of the 1 CD than the 2 CD. (i bought the 2 CD) I looked around for the DVD, and i could not find it. I even headed over to the Borders, where they had a poster (i'll post soon) advertising the releases. No DVD. I'll have to head back either Friday or Saturday for it.

And just a little fyi, the FYE on Broad street, has about 4 copies of the Hard Candy vinyl set.

A friend in Minnesota called to tell me she had a hard time finding the CDs and Best Buy or whoever looked up the DVD for her said there were no copies at any location in the state!

My Wal-mart just has a handfull of both CD versions. Mariah looks like she's collecting dust, but at least you can find it easily.

I don't think Warner really tried here at all. This is why Madonna will not go nuts promoting.

This isn't "store related" but I heard the Celebration CD1 being played in two different locations today - one was at a coffee shop in Seattle's gayborhood (surprise surprise) and the other was at a record store downtown. At first I thought it might be TIC, but the sequence gave them both away, especially when I heard "Celebration" the single.

I'll be picking up my 2CD Deluxe edition and DVD later this weekend - probably at Target or Best Buy if they have them in stock.

Guest boytoyville

Went back to best Buy today to get my Mariah and Babs CD's and looks like they sold some more Madonna albums since I went their intially. Both the DVD's they had were now gone. I will have to go back and get the one CD eventually( I bought the double disc).

I saw at Walmart online store that Celebration DVD is at number 5 at bestsellers list and the 2cd at number 19..It's looking that the DVD is a better seller.

FINALLY found the DVD in another Target. But someone went and placed Patty Duke season one in front of every Madonna album there. Who would do such a thing?

When I went to buy Celebration on Wednesday, I was going to buy THE PATTY DYKE SHOW on DVD as well. Sadly they didn't have any copies. All the fans of those identical cousins must have RUSHED to the store in their wheelchairs to make sure they got a copy. :queenbitch: