Revolver preview

LoveBoxx

This sounds way better then the...... DEMO... The female vocals on that sound like a back up singer with no emotion and no nothing. That made me disslike the song and question it.... and in a day stop listening to it!

This sounds much more acceptable. This easily will have a better chance at radio support across the board.

Sounds better then "4minutes"

agreed

love the way she sang the verse

way more expressive compared to her recent stuff

background vocals are also great

hope this gets a proper release

Thanks, yummy, for posting the clip (I can't access any previews at Amazon, for this or any of the other tracks on the album)! It's brilliant!!!! It's amazing that she recorded this and "Celebration" within days of each other - such completely different styles and vibes! She never ceases to impress! :thumbsup:

Poor thing.

Ignore.

P.S:I know who you are darling.

Certa gente non cambia mai noto :-)

You're short on memory babe

You told me you knew who I am like... one year ago

Madonnatribe said a couple of weeks ago that this will definitely be a single, so unless something has changed since then, expect it to be promoted at some stage. If iTunes allow it to be downloaded separately (i.e. not as an "Album Only" track), then it will probably chart in a lot of countries anyway (possibly even the US), since people will be curious about it. It's a hot track, so it will pique people's interest if they listen to the preview clip.

Guest bluejean

It has major hit potential, and I'm very surprised they released 'Celebration' instead of this.

This could take off in the US, bigger than '4 Minutes.'

Since 'Celebration' has already flopped they should be sending this out now.

Guest dicktracy

If this doesn't catch in the US will be for lack of promotion. Otherwise, if it flops THEN I will believe that US radio is anti-Madonna. This is VERY appropriate for the US market.

Guest SuperBriGuy

I like this a lot, even more than Celebration I think. It sounds like a hit with or without Lil Wayne. It is indeed sexy, fun and current. A nice close musically to the HC/S&S era.

Yes, exactly. The Celebration/Revolver combo kind of bookends both of her major projects over the last few years; COADF and HC. It's no wonder they're so stylistically different from each other, and I like that she decided to revisit them for this project. And I'm anxious to see what the future holds in store for her.

But for now I'm totally loving some Revolver.

thumbs.gif

Yes, exactly. The Celebration/Revolver combo kind of bookends both of her major projects over the last few years; COADF and HC. It's no wonder they're so stylistically different from each other, and I like that she decided to revisit them for this project. And I'm anxious to see what the future holds in store for her.

But for now I'm totally loving some Revolver.

bookends.....i like that point! thumbs.gif

i thought of the bookend thing as well, more like because if i don't like the GH enough to burn to CD's but want the new tracks, celebration fits well with COADF and revolver's urban edge goes well with HC, but ironically that AL gets love too since the iTunes super-deluxe bonus (still hesitating to buy that one) is a leftover (it's so cool) from those AL sessions, albeit probably remixed... i'm just a b-side/sessions leftover whore i guess. so it's nice to see that she kind of takes all of the albums released AFTER 2000 (music was in 2000) and gives them a look back and sort of bonus track.

Guest SuperBriGuy

i thought of the bookend thing as well, more like because if i don't like the GH enough to burn to CD's but want the new tracks, celebration fits well with COADF and revolver's urban edge goes well with HC, but ironically that AL gets love too since the iTunes super-deluxe bonus (still hesitating to buy that one) is a leftover (it's so cool) from those AL sessions, albeit probably remixed... i'm just a b-side/sessions leftover whore i guess. so it's nice to see that she kind of takes all of the albums released AFTER 2000 (music was in 2000) and gives them a look back and sort of bonus track.

Yes, I forgot about "It's So Cool." See, each and every album released since GHV2 is getting a little bit of throwback love in one way or another. I think it's Madonna's way of acknowledging the work she's done, giving them each their proper kiss goodnight, and saying "Now let's see what the future has in store."

I think it's Madonna's way of acknowledging the work she's done, giving them each their proper kiss goodnight, and saying "Now let's see what the future has in store."

if she really put that much thought into it, then i'm excited. i hope revolver turns out well and does better than celebration did... bring on the full version! love the clip.

Guest SuperBriGuy

if she really put that much thought into it, then i'm excited. i hope revolver turns out well and does better than celebration did... bring on the full version! love the clip.

I really wanna know what "It's So Cool" is going to sound like now, especially if they're reworking it.

I really wanna know what "It's So Cool" is going to sound like now, especially if they're reworking it.

agreed... i just hope it doesn't sound like celebration's lesser twin, i thought oakenfold remixed it... i'd be content if it fit in with american life as an album. mother and father had the techno sound, die another day was very electronic, and hollywood... well, hollywood was hollywood. i'd rather see that sort of sound, or like the "remixed and revisited" set.

Guest SuperBriGuy

agreed... i just hope it doesn't sound like celebration's lesser twin, i thought oakenfold remixed it... i'd be content if it fit in with american life as an album. mother and father had the techno sound, die another day was very electronic, and hollywood... well, hollywood was hollywood. i'd rather see that sort of sound, or like the "remixed and revisited" set.

Well I know Oakenfold has it in him to do decent production work...look at "Faster Kill Pussycat." But I agree, if it stayed in a similar vein to AL or R&R I'd be happy.

Guest ursaminorjim

bookends.png

Wait, so is "Revolver" pushing her career forward while "Celebration" is her just lazing and resting on her laurels?

Or is it that "Revolver" is for black people and "Celebration" is for whities who can't dance?