Will Madonna Do Oprah?

HolidayGuy

Isn't Oprah a perfect outlet to promote the Celebration album? She could talk about the last 26 years, and all the recent stuff that's been going on.

Whitney's on 9/14 and 9/15, Mimi is supposed to be on 9/18.

Madge should do it to make a "diva" trifecta.

Guest ursaminorjim

I'm sure it would help sales and get the word out that she has this massive retrospective coming out, as well as all the DVDs, but...

...blecch. Fuckin' hate Oprah. :tongue::lol:

Isn't Oprah a perfect outlet to promote the Celebration album? She could talk about the last 26 years, and all the recent stuff that's been going on.

When will the S&S tour finish?

The album is due out 4 weeks from this week- that's plenty of time to set something up and such. It's not like it's out of the realm of possibility- Madge is an Oprah veteran by now- three full-hour shows, plus the 15 minutes or so when she discussed her adoption of David.

*cues Oprah dancing to "Celebration" and mouthing the wrong words*

Guest ursaminorjim

Well, it's difficult. To get a really good, in-depth interview we'd need a Charlie Rose. But to get anyone who's not a Madonna fan to watch it...you're right. It'd have to be Matt Lauer or Diane Sawyer. :(

Just...no Barbara Walters. Pinky swear?

Mimi is gonna be on 10 days before her album is even on sale? What a terrible marketing move. Oprah has had that bitch on TOO MUCH in the past few years.

Madonna SHOULD do Oprah but she probably won't. That would involve US promotion.

"Oprah" for the exposure. But as an interviewer? Let's leave that for nippy and Mimi. I miss the Kurt Loder/M specials from MTV when they used to be credible. Now those were interviews.

Madonna already did an interview with Charlie Rose, and you could tell he hated her by the end of it...just like she predicted he would. :lmao:

Larry King is an IDIOT, who would forget his own lame questions before she could answer.

Diane Sawyer is BOOOORING.

Dateline is ghetto

It's all about Oprah.

The album is due out 4 weeks from this week- that's plenty of time to set something up and such. It's not like it's out of the realm of possibility- Madge is an Oprah veteran by now- three full-hour shows, plus the 15 minutes or so when she discussed her adoption of David.

*cues Oprah dancing to "Celebration" and mouthing the wrong words*

LOL!!!!!!

Guest SuperBriGuy

There's always been such an uneasy energy between Madonna and Oprah...I still wonder if O remembers what Madonna said way back during her Blonde Ambition tour regarding Oprah. That woman's like an elephant...I doubt she ever forgets.

yeah, OPRAH is perfect... the audience target is right on for the CELEBRATION compilation and would be able to deliver huge numbers...

Madonna is so stupid she won't do it. She'll say she's tired, and she is. But she won't do anything to promote anymore. When was her last appearance on Ellen/Oprah/Etc? Not since 2006. I love her to death but she's lazy. As much as I hate Mariah's music, at least she promotes. :americanlife:

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

ummm she needs to do Tyra

Tyra asks the dumbest shit. Please no.

Oprah is good because housewives will re-live their youth if they see her talk about her Greatest Hits.