The Sun really hates Madonna

cosmic_system

COULD this be the beginning of the end of MADONNA's reign as the Queen Of Pop?</h2>The powers that be at Radio 1 have snubbed Madge by failing to playlist her new single Celebration.

The track, which sees the pop-skeleton collaborate with dance legend PAUL OAKENFOLD, has not made the A, B or C list for the UK's most popular and influential station.

And after some digging through chart history, that's the first time one of her singles has not made the playlist.

Madonna can console herself in the knowledge that at least Radio 2 have found a place for the song and have been playing it for the past two weeks.

This has been coming for a while.

Her Madgesty's last album, Hard Candy, didn't do as well as expected. Probably because it was rubbish.

I'm also sick of the sight of her parading around in her undercrackers.

On September 29 Madge will release her latest Greatest Hits compilation, also called Celebration.

I think I'll celebrate when she finally puts her feet up and calls it a day.

Really, how come these kind of "articles" are even allowed to be published?

lol...actually it's quite funny. journalism is not what it once was. writers print their opinions now and not facts. they wouldn't be able to sell their rags if they didn't. when celebrations blows up over there, they will being singing a different story.

:vanitybonet:

It's all publicity for the single I guess. They play 'Celebration' quite a bit on Capital FM and KISS FM which are the more contemporary radio stations...nobody under the age of 40 that I know of really listens to Radio 1 anymore. It's a truly awful outdated radio station and always has been.

The Sun never used to be so scathing towards Madonna...it's only been since they changed their Entertainments Editor a few years back.

^ Yes, because Victoria Newton was the Kate Adie of entertainment reporting. :lmao:

Gordon Smart, though completely fuckable, is a vile cunt. Newton used to get all the Madonna exclusives back in the day.

I'd be very suprised if this wasn't even added to the *C* list on Radio 1. I just think it's too early and there's confusion over when the digital release will happen in the UK.

People have been saying shit like this throughout M's entire career.. since the very beginning. She continues to prove them wrong and this will be no different.

Madonna is one of the biggest pop stars in history and is now a Rock and Rock Hall of Famer.. she is the biggest touring artist of all time and will hold that title for the rest of her career.

Nobody can touch her and that includes this wank stain of a 'journalist'... it's been a bumpy ride leaving Warner Music and starting with Live Nation at the same time.. the Miles Away video drama is a good example of that.. this kind of fallout is to be expected.

Hard Candy did not underperform any more than is relative to the music industry in general, which is on a huge downward spiral.. 4 Minutes was one of the biggest singles of her career.. Fair enough she had a little help from JT but nearly every other female artist has done similar and much earlier on in their careers.

Edited by mnation09

How mean! From the all the rag magazines, I always thought they liked her the most. That's why she'd give them some stories sometimes. I hope she never does again. :thumbsdown:

I remember 16 years ago The Sun printed a scathing review of The Girlie Show opening night in London. They basically said she was over......

And boy they were wrong. Weren't they?

Really, how come these kind of "articles" are even allowed to be published?

Freedom of speech. It may not be something we like to hear from some people. And I agree, there is far too much negativity in the press, but it sells papers unfortunately.

BTW it seems all the rags over there have been a lot nastier to her since she:

A. worked with Americans on her last album and sort of put aside her "Euro sound" for a minute....OH NO!

B. Divorced Guy

I guess they (maybe some of the fans there too?) feel like "Lady Of The Manor" Madonna was IT. That WAS going to be her life from now on. She was going to grow old that way in England with Guy. She was "one of them". She embraced their people and their musical style....how flattering. So now she's hanging out in NYC more often, fucking a Brazilian model and really seems as concerned with the UK and it's culture these days as the shit on the bottom of her shoe. The lashing out of the press and fans over there is akin to a child not getting enough attention, it's almost like their feelings are hurt that "mommy" has "abandoned" them.

So now she's hanging out in NYC more often, fucking a Brazilian model and really seems as concerned with the UK and it's culture these days as the shit on the bottom of her shoe.

Until of course she becomes concerned with UK culture again when she appears on the X Factor to promote Celebration.

The Brits are probably just bitter because she came back home to the U.S. where she belongs. :dramatic:

Yes, back home to the place where her songs barely chart. :lmao:

Another day another UK rag ragging on M....

1989, 1999, 2009.....some things NEVA change! :)

It's not wrong for someone to not like a Madonna single. The song itself ain't exactly Like A Prayer and several people have said they don't like it!

Guest Topaz Scorpio

Don't tar us with your brush. Having said that, she hardly has a fixed residence in the US right now anyway...

Because she's on tour. :rolleyes:

It's not wrong for someone to not like a Madonna single. The song itself ain't exactly Like A Prayer and several people have said they don't like it!

You are absolutely right. Of course one could've made the same argument about any of her "lighter" songs ie: Music, Hung Up. It's all subjective. Truly there is nothing THAT drastically different about Celebration in sound or theme from her major hits this decade. It's a Euro flavored pop song with feel good lyrics. Her "Like A Prayer's" are generally the minority in her catalog. There are far more "Music's" or "Into The Groove's" than ROL's or LAP's.

The tone of that article is nasty to the extreme and it's only because the journalist simply doesn't like the song?? I find that kinda hard to believe.

It's not wrong for someone not to like the song. It ain't exactly the next Like A Prayer.

You bet there are a many who dislike Like A Prayer. But I think the point is... Madonna's always been givin' shit with the press. They were all over her in 1989 (and before) with negative reviews and it's really no different now, other than they are far more intrusive and personal. Back in the day, most reviews of her were professional and NOT full of snide juvenile remarks. Not that it didn't happen, but not to the extreme it is today.