CELEBRATION -BRAND NEW TV AD

cosmic_system

Guest Pud Whacker

how do u feel of the Madonna we have today?

i love it. after confessions, shes free again. nothing to prove, shes in sync with her power again, like she was then. not fighting against it. shes not immersed in her fame, she has her personal life again. in my opinion she needs that balance. maybe the children bring that to her.

and because of that, she can have fun again, as we can feel and see in her music and her last two tours.

haha, I can still hear that voice in my head as I read that!!!

:)

Haha! Yeah... And they showed the moment from "Take a Bow" when she's closing up her jacket over her corset and then the clip from the end of "Justify My Love" when she's running down the corridor, clutching her coat at her collar. Funny how some things can stick in your memory for so long. I haven't watched that Behind the Music special in ages (since before 2000 -- because I heard they'd updated it after Rocco was born and she married Guy Ritchie, but I never saw it on TV).

Like it or not (not sure why ya anyone wouldn't), the 82-91 period was Madonna at her best, her most iconic. Surely no one can be surprised that that period would favor any other in regards to a career-spanning hits compilation.

I was thinking about this, too -- about the comment that this commercial has 'too many' 80s songs. I think the real reason for that is that there were more up-tempo songs 83-91, and 92-now had a lot of ballads (or mid-tempo) that wouldn't work in this commercial setting. Beautiful Stranger and 4 Minutes are the only other possible post-91 inclusions from the current tracklist floating around that could have been included in this commercial. (Am I right? Or am I forgetting something? Music, Hung Up, Celebration all got included in this. But it's pretty obvious why Take a Bow, Frozen, Secret, and Don't Tell Me wouldn't work as well in this commercial. The energy level wouldn't be the same.)

Guest travelinstillness

LAP is TIC edition *cue mass suicide*

exactly what i was thinking!!!!!

but does it mean all the talk of LAP & EY being their original LP edits/radio edits is false?

she looks fucking amazing in the Celebration video clip, by the way. cant wait for the whole thing to leak!

Guest Danny86

I was thinking about this, too -- about the comment that this commercial has 'too many' 80s songs. I think the real reason for that is that there were more up-tempo songs 83-91, and 92-now had a lot of ballads (or mid-tempo) that wouldn't work in this commercial setting. Beautiful Stranger and 4 Minutes are the only other possible post-91 inclusions from the current tracklist floating around that could have been included in this commercial. (Am I right? Or am I forgetting something? Music, Hung Up, Celebration all got included in this. But it's pretty obvious why Take a Bow, Frozen, Secret, and Don't Tell Me wouldn't work as well in this commercial. The energy level wouldn't be the same.)

I agree with this, I think the commercial definitely fits with the way Madonna has been marketed in the last couple of years, that she's more notable for her dance hits. And it's undeniable that between "Vogue" and "Ray Of Light" she did not have an enduring dance anthem. Also, it even seems that something like ROL that was not a radio hit and not as a big sales hit as some others, was allowed to become one of her "definitive" tracks now, even though the so called ignored ballads sold and were played more.

That said, also agreeing with HG, I think it goes without saying they'd push the 80s more to sell the CD.

maybe freddy was right regarding truth or dare. as fabulous as it was, something was lost.

What did Freddy say? Is there an interview with him about it somewhere? That would be a really interesting read....

I agree with this, I think the commercial definitely fits with the way Madonna has been marketed in the last couple of years, that she's more notable for her dance hits. And it's undeniable that between "Vogue" and "Ray Of Light" she did not have an enduring dance anthem

what about the miami mix of DCFMA?

i love it. after confessions, shes free again. nothing to prove, shes in sync with her power again, like she was then. not fighting against it. shes not immersed in her fame, she has her personal life again. in my opinion she needs that balance. maybe the children bring that to her.

and because of that, she can have fun again, as we can feel and see in her music and her last two tours.

:clap::clap:

what about the miami mix of DCFMA?

Deeper and Deeper is also a dance anthem IMO. A crime it wasn't on Celebration CD hopefully

WB puts the video on the DVD.

Guest Danny86

Neither DCFMA remix nor D&D ever had the same lasting impact her other dance anthems had. Both of them would feel really out of place in this ad.

I agree with this, I think the commercial definitely fits with the way Madonna has been marketed in the last couple of years, that she's more notable for her dance hits. And it's undeniable that between "Vogue" and "Ray Of Light" she did not have an enduring dance anthem. Also, it even seems that something like ROL that was not a radio hit and not as a big sales hit as some others, was allowed to become one of her "definitive" tracks now, even though the so called ignored ballads sold and were played more.

That said, also agreeing with HG, I think it goes without saying they'd push the 80s more to sell the CD.

I agree with what you're saying with regards to the advertisement, but I think in some ways it's a shame that a chunk of Madonna's work gets ignored (at times). Remember how people were saying that this is a HITS collection of her most successful singles, so we should not expect obscure remixes or dance remix versions of songs? Well, I think the same logic could be used when arguing that more ballads should be represented on CELEBRATION. It's supposed to be a HITS collection, not simply an up-tempo dance collection or a celebration of Madonna as dance artist. HITS implies the songs that were very successful on the charts, which includes a number of neglected ballads.

On the other hand, watching this ad makes me think anyone would be insane not to want this collection, because even with just the songs featured here, it's going to kick ass more than almost any other artist's two-disc compilation possibly could!

Neither DCFMA remix nor D&D ever had the same lasting impact her other dance anthems had. Both of them would feel really out of place in this ad.

La Isla Bonita to me stuck out like a sore thumb in the ad for some reason. I know it was

a classic hit though.

I don't think we can gauge which versions will be on the album based on thead, though. After all, TIC ad used the original album versions in the ad. :)

No it didn't. TIC ad used all the TIC versions - though "Vogue" is the one you can't tell. Since that was the one song Pettibone produced, it would be the closest to the original anyway.

And LAP of course was very notable by its absence in that ad.

Dont you guys just love how those posters just pop out the walls? They are so striking and the cover stands out!

I fucking LOVE it :inlove:

It looks like the version of this ad at http://www.madonna.com/ uses less TIC versions. I think. It's difficult to tell. :confused:

I think it doesn't seem as fast as the leaked version of the ad there. Open Your Heart I think is the TIC version cause it sounds slower and her voice deeper.

It could be the case that LAP and EY were remixed there to fit into the ad better with all the dance tunes. :crazy:

It could be the case that LAP and EY were remixed there to fit into the ad better with all the dance tunes. :crazy:

Yeah, that may be. I would agree with that.

ALSO -- and this is SO way past the point of mattering -- but did anyone else notice that you can STILL see "YOU MUST LOVE ME" title (and, presumably, lyrics below it) in this ad?! So odd, considering the tracklists are not including it... Hmm...