CELEBRATION -BRAND NEW TV AD

cosmic_system

The pic on the right-hand side (as "Like a Prayer" begins to play) at 00:31 is an odd choice -- I don't know that it's actually Madonna. I recall seeing that as the cover of the "Royal Philharmonic Plays the Music of Madonna" record. (Yes, I actually bought that one day in a particularly dull moment in between Madonna releases...)

But otherwise it's great. Well done. Looking forward to the Celebration vid.

Guest Pud Whacker

Can't stop watching. :shock:

of course, its MADONNA - THE QUEEN OF LIFE. so you can change that paula abdul dead cheerleader into the happy one finally!!! right? like a prayer - lp version. :lol:

Guest SoUnusual

I am so glad that 4 Minutes didn't make the promo.

Its shown in the bit where it rips paper to show her face multiple times.

The pic on the right-hand side (as "Like a Prayer" begins to play) at 00:31 is an odd choice -- I don't know that it's actually Madonna. I recall seeing that as the cover of the "Royal Philharmonic Plays the Music of Madonna" record. (Yes, I actually bought that one day in a particularly dull moment in between Madonna releases...)

But otherwise it's great. Well done. Looking forward to the Celebration vid.

That Royal Philharmonic CD of Madonna music is great!!! I absolutely love it.

Like it or not (not sure why ya anyone wouldn't), the 82-91 period was Madonna at her best, her most iconic. Surely no one can be surprised that that period would favor any other in regards to a career-spanning hits compilation.

Guest Pud Whacker

Like it or not (not sure why ya anyone wouldn't), the 83-91 period was Madonna at her best, her most iconic. Surely no one can be surprised that that period would favor any other in regards to a career-spanning hits compilation.

of course. i always break it up from 83-91. it was all so organic, fresh, fantastic and was leading up to justify my love. it was all just so perfect. she became very something after justify my love/nightline. its like she thought (with sex) "oh, this will get them" and it backfired in her face because it was no longer innate, no longer organic. it was contrived.

the same thing happened with her acting career. DSS was so organic. she decided to play against character because everyone was saying she was playing herself. she became self conscious and contrived. after a string of bombs and the general consensus that she couldnt act, she second guessed herself.

lee_remick_entertainment_weekly_may.jpg

Yes- what she did with Sex (and Erotica) were notable, but they were not executed as well as what came before it. The 1992-93 period was just an extensiopn of the button-pushing that came before it, and then thereafter as VH1's Behind the Music voiceover noted, "She put her clothes back on" and continued on a different path.

of course. i always break it up from 83-91. it was all so organic, fresh, fantastic and was leading up to justify my love. it was all just so perfect. she became very something after justify my love/nightline. its like she thought (with sex) "oh, this will get them" and it backfired in her face because it was no longer innate, no longer organic. it was contrived.

the same thing happened with her acting career. DSS was so organic. she decided to play against character because everyone was saying she was playing herself. she became self conscious and contrived. after a string of bombs and the general consensus that she couldnt act, she second guessed herself.

lee_remick_entertainment_weekly_may.jpg

I love you.

Guest Pud Whacker

I love you.

:inlove:

and i you.

forum people always are always up my ass regarding my love of the early madonna. well, im sorry the 92-99 madonna stunk. there are things i like from each period but it was NOT the perfection from 83-91. NEVER. so erotica, something to remember and evita away...go fetch a ray of light, ill stick with my true blue gap toothed italian WHORE with REAL eyebrows!!! :rotfl:

maybe freddy was right regarding truth or dare. as fabulous as it was, something was lost.