"Celebration" OFFICIAL TRACKLIST!

cosmic_system

So I've been thinking...what are the chances that the single disc release is in fact going to be CD 1.

I say this because...

1. Considering this is WB, it sounds about right

2. It was rumored that only the double disc would include "Revolver", hence it being on CD 2

3. Alot of the "big", signature (at least to the general public) hits are on there...moreso that disc 2

4. It would be another possibilty that it's not chronological, therefore both discs are "career-spanning" technically, as standalone discs , eliminating the need to re-sequence for a separate release

Really the songs should be single mixes, 7" versions or the video versions.

Thank U

please no album versions or IC versions if you want those go buy the songs from their respective album.

OMG i hate hate hate the immaculate collection versions of

open your heart

express yourself

and especially

like a prayer.

please warner and madonna DO NOT use these! they suck when compared to the originals or radio edits!!!

shep pettibone totally screwed those mixes up!!!!

Seriously- why people get so up in arms over something like this... dunno.

I have little doubt that when reviewers critique Celebration, it will fare pretty decently, just as TIC did. :) (Though a few of the 1992-2009 tracks could weight it down ever so slightly).

I hope you're not misunderstanding the criticism coming from me as being aimless drama for drama's sake. :) I truly feel that representing one of Madonna's most revered hits with an already anthologized, twenty year old club remix utilizing an obsolete technology and severely altered arrangement is a mistake.

For someone of Madonna's status, there has to be some element of preservation established as far as her recording legacy is concerned. That we're only just now, 25 years later, getting the original version of "Into The Groove" on a full-length release speaks volumes about the state of things at her label.

And, if you and the "casual listeners" (whom you seem to know rather well) are so indifferent to what mix they're hearing, why does it matter if the fans who do care and who do want the accurate hit versions chronicled and preserved on an official, commercial compilation are vocal about that desire?

No one will ever want for a copy of The Immaculate Collection. It's a different story for those wanting the hits, many of whom I know and who also would be termed "casuals". There are huge online communities and databases devoted to such a thing. It isn't restricted to "Madonna loons" or whatever else name the indifferent would like to hurl.

The stack of rare, expensive promos and imports one has to acquire --including a limited edition, out of print FORTY DISC boxed set of 3" singles from Japan-- plus the work that goes into compiling them in a way that is listenable could all be easily rectified by a simple decision at her label to grab the correct masters that made these songs hits in the first place.

The casual listeners wouldn't know the difference. The fans would have more incentive to purchase the new collection of previously released songs. The CRITICALLY-ACCLAIMED-SOCIALLY-RELEVANT-LIFE-AFFIRMING-LITTLE-BABY-JESUS Immaculate Collection would not disintegrate.

Anyway, at this point it really is just the poor representation of "Like A Prayer" on the new collection that's pissing me off. Nothing can be done about it now as I'd assume the CDs have been pressed.

Moving on... wonder what they fucked up on the DVD? :D

Whoopiedoo and Cosmic System, I love you guys, but you guys were being a tad nasty to Neut - cool it. Neither of you have ever done anything wrong before, don't become troublemakers because I don't wanna have to lay down the law on you guys like Judge Judy.

Neutrocks however, you are no angel yourself. In fact you are on way thinner ice than Whoopie and Cosmic. I've gotten about a million complaints about you since you started posting here, and out of laziness and indifference I never did anything about it (because before now I really just found you slightly annoying, but not really a troublemaker). But more and more your behavior is starting to become disruptive and outright bizarre to tell you the truth. Everybody understood the first time you expressed skepticism about... whatever it was you were pissed about. The tracklist. Fine. WE GOT IT. The fact that you had to smugly poke and provoke anyone and everyone who decided to express dissastisfaction (or satisfaction even) about the tracklist and its nooks and crannies is RIDICULOUS. This is the last time I'm coming in here to see what you've been up to. I don't wanna have to babysit a thread I don't give a fuck about. Either you clean up your act or I will happily clean it up for you. Thanks.

Oooook master!

:thumbsup:

I just don't understand why they don't put the single versions on the tracklisting. Since this is a greatest hits album, they should go with the versions that were hits. In the case of "Borderline" and "Express Yourself," the remixes of both songs became more notable than the originals, so I'd be fine with having them appear here as they did on The Immaculate Collection -- but the dance remix of "Like a Prayer" wasn't the version that was popular. To this day, I've *never* heard that version played anywhere over the air. My biggest problems with the TIC has always been that they butchered most of the songs; making them either too short, cutting out important elements that were originally there, and/or giving them a bunch of unnecessary added effects. Most of them they didn't sound as crisp/refined as they originally did. They, instead, sound faded and dull. Again, what is the logic in not putting on the versions that radio mostly played during their original stint?

It's been nearly twenty years, so I can now shrug my shoulders at my TIC gripes. I don't really listen to it much anyway. But I was hoping that most of what disenchanted me about that hits collection wouldn't be repeated here. This time I would have liked to be able to listen to the album and have the songs take me back, as opposed to listening and feeling irritated or disillusioned because what I'm hearing is a hacked rendition.

All that aside, I'm *still* grumbling over the exclusion of chart topping "This Used to Be My Playground," while a small handful of songs that either modestly performed, or outright flopped, conspicuously made it on. Leave it to Madonna to exclude a number one single from a greatest hits album.

Meh.

Just to keep my collection updated I'll probably buy the album, but I doubt that I'll be making a mad dash to the record store on release day to pick it up. In fact, I don't think I'm going to be all that irked when Mariah beats her first week sales.

Reading the reactions to the inclusion of TIC versions has been hilarious. You would think they were sticking on versions newly remixed by Timbaland instead of versions from one of the biggest selling and most iconic hits albums of all time. Like it or not, these are the versions most people know. And the differences between the versions and the 'originals' are, in the most part, completely over-exaggerated.

CD 1:

01) Hung Up

02) Music

03) Vogue

04) 4 Minutes

05) Holiday

06) Like A Virgin

07) Into The Groove

08) Everybody

09) Like A Prayer

10) Ray Of Light

11) Sorry

12) Express Yourself

13) Open Your Heart

14) Borderline

15) Secret

16) Erotica

17) Justify My Love

18) Celebration

madonnatribe

if this will be the 1-CD version, SORRY should've been replaced by TAKE A BOW...

The versions most people know are what play(ed) on the radio; not Shep's Q-Sound tinkering. Casual fans bought The Immaculate Collection because it was the only near-definitive hits album she had. I'm sure a few of them probably noticed that many of the songs didn't sound exactly the same as they remembered.

The versions most people know are what played on the radio; not Shep's Q-Sound tinkering. Casual fans bought The Immaculate Collection because it was the only near-definitive hits album she had. I'm sure a few of them probably noticed that many of the songs didn't sound exactly the same as they remembered.

The only people who would have aneurysms over the versions on TIC are hardcore fans. Casual fans won’t even be aware that there are several different versions of ‘Like A Prayer’. And TIC has been out there for almost 20 years now and has sold FAR more than ‘Like A Prayer’ has. No one is going to bat an eyelid at the version of ‘LaP’ they’ve used.

In any event, anyone who doesn't think Warners will remaster and re-issue 'Like A Prayer' (the album) within the next few years would be rather silly.

Guest Danny86

Reading the reactions to the inclusion of TIC versions has been hilarious. You would think they were sticking on versions newly remixed by Timbaland instead of versions from one of the biggest selling and most iconic hits albums of all time. Like it or not, these are the versions most people know. And the differences between the versions and the 'originals' are, in the most part, completely over-exaggerated.

:rotfl: So true!

And I also agree with you about the petition. Even though I'd prefer the album version LAP there, this just makes us fans look silly. While you're at it, why not write a complaint about the upcoming tour DVD, since that one has the song mixed with a track that samples a 1992 club hit and could not be more different from the album version?

Anyway, if Guy responds, he will say we're gonna have the album version as the video soundtrack on the DVD. :chuckle:

You don't! But I suspect you will though. Die Hard fans will simply pick this up to add to their collection and for the two new songs. Casual fans probably won't even notice the differences in the songs and enjoy the fact they will get a lot of her great hits on one collection.

Trust me. I won't be buying it if it contains TIC versions. I would rather invest my money in making a special Madonna toilet roll...each section of tissue containing an image from each year in her career so I can wipe my puckered ass lips on her face. I will make my own definitive version of the Greatest Hits including album versions and single edits.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

The versions most people know are what played on the radio; not Shep's Q-Sound tinkering. Casual fans bought The Immaculate Collection because it was the only near-definitive hits album she had. I'm sure a few of them probably noticed that many of the songs didn't sound exactly the same as they remembered.

I don't know any casual M fans who have the LAP album version. They all own TIC.

:lmao: @ everyone

someone at this forum decided this is official because it's from madonnatribe and everyone follows like sheep

NOTHING IS OFFICIAL and the people who are hating on the ones telling it's not... I don't see why

Do you guys WANT this lame GH to be official or what? Full with lame TIC versions and flop singles like Miles Away and Hollywood?? I mean you react so strongly when people just say that it's not official... because it is not

Guest Danny86

Sorry Zezwer, but the only sheep here is you and a few others who act like it was still 2004 as if it was still the thing to debate anything fansites exclusively publish.

I could remind you that MadonnaTribe revealed the title of the GH 2 weeks before Madonna.com did, and they already hinted at it when everyone else was discussing 'Iconography', but seems I'd be wasting my time.

It's not about "WANTING this GH to be official", it's about knowing it's useless to debate and discredit the source. People reacted just as strongly when Tribe revealed the final setlist of the Sticky & Sweet nearly 2 months before the opening night (that turned out to be accurate, unlike scanned paper sheets posted by Perez that had "Rescue Me" on them). It's the same game a few fans decide to play over and over again.

I really don't see why so many fans are getting upset about this tracklist.We all have these songs anyway! We have all of her albums! If you don't like this set,you can make your own CD set.Download the songs YOU want (using the versions that YOU want) and burn it onto a disc.Problem solved.

Greatest hits compilations are useless for diehard fans anyway.

So I've been thinking...what are the chances that the single disc release is in fact going to be CD 1.

I say this because...

1. Considering this is WB, it sounds about right

2. It was rumored that only the double disc would include "Revolver", hence it being on CD 2

3. Alot of the "big", signature (at least to the general public) hits are on there...moreso that disc 2

4. It would be another possibilty that it's not chronological, therefore both discs are "career-spanning" technically, as standalone discs , eliminating the need to re-sequence for a separate release

I agree, I am willing to bet that the single CD version will simply be CD1 from the 2CD set.

Seriously- why people get so up in arms over something like this... dunno.

Everyone realizes the fact that whatever versions that are presented on CELEBRATION will become the definitive versions for radio and casual fans. Sort of like how radio (mostly) only plays the Immaculate Collection versions of songs.

This is also the reason why the tracklisting is so important. Honestly, how many radio stations are going to maintain copies of the "old albums" to rotate? It seems pretty rare to hear Madonna tracks that are not presented on Immaculate Collection.

Guest Danny86

Everyone realizes the fact that whatever versions that are presented on CELEBRATION will become the definitive versions for radio and casual fans. Sort of like how radio (mostly) only plays the Immaculate Collection versions of songs.

This is also the reason why the tracklisting is so important. Honestly, how many radio stations are going to maintain copies of the "old albums" to rotate? It seems pretty rare to hear Madonna tracks that are not presented on Immaculate Collection.

Celebration will not have any impact whatsoever on that. In fact it just goes with the flow when it has the TIC mixes included. You won't see radio starting to play "Hollywood" or "Miles Away" because they are on Celebration, so why assume they would do that if it didn't have the TIC versions?

And since when do radio stations need to maintain "copies of old albums" anyway? :confused:

Warner has released a few Prince collections without his consent. I actually remember him telling fans NOT to buy "The Very Best Of Prince" because he had no say on that release.

Of course, the difference with Madonna and Prince is that Madge is parting on friendlier terms, but still.... money is money, and I see no reason why they won't milk Madonna for all she's worth the way they have with Prince and Sony has with Michael Jackson (with MJ, Sony released a single disc GH, a 2 disc GH and a box set in less than 2 years time).

Madonna's agreement with Warners is very different to Prince's. It was reported when she signed with Live Nation that in a major coup for her as an artist, she was retaining control over her catalogue. In a nutshell, Warners will not be able to release anything without her consent. What they've done with Prince's back catalogue is completely irrelevant, since he had no such deal with them.

No different than you. Again... "like a broken record" give me an official confirmation that this track listing is coming from and I'll be glad to shut the fuck up.

What's funny is to me is how worked up some of you are getting over this set list and the mixes/version used when you cannot even cite an official confirmation. :lmao::rotfl::lmao:

neutrorocks, seriously, I have a lot of respect for you and I feel sorry for you when people gang up on you all the time, but Madonnatribe is renowned for posting only the most accurate of information on their news page. They have very reliable contacts within Madonna's camp and go to great lengths to ensure that people do not share leaks or even request leaked material on their forums so that they stay on good terms with their contacts. They refuse to allow ICON material that's limited to members only on their site because they support the right to subscribers to have sole access to this material. They hear the news well in advance of the rest of us, but they sit on it until they're given the green light to post it. If the info that they've posted about the track list and the versions used isn't correct, then it will be the first time that they've made a mistake like this and their credibility will be seriously damaged. They've worked hard to build an excellent reputation and they're not going to jeopardise it or their contacts by posting info that they're not completely sure about.

Of course, you have the right to await official confirmation from Madonna.com, but you're not going to appease your detractors by continually commenting on the lack of official sources cited by Madonnatribe. They're *always* first to reveal new track lists, set lists etc. and there's no reason to believe why this isn't the case this time around. I hope everyone will stop pouncing on you over this, but I also hope that you'll see the logic behind keeping quiet over it until you're satisfied about its authenticity.....

I guess it depends how one looks at it. But I don't recall DAD having mentioned it was a single for the FORTHCOMING album like "Live To Tell" was for True Blue. Then again, "DAD" was released far more in advance to the release of AL than "LIVE TO TELL" to True Blue.

Also, I just think of DAD's inclusion as a marketing ploy to get people to buy the album which included a top ten hit already.

But when Madonna announced that it was going to be on her next album, it had yet to reach the Top 10, so it couldn't really be a marketing ploy, could it?