A "Celebration" Of Madonna Music

Guest Borderline

Guest Danny86
They are both classics for me. I think Madonna has classics from all her albums! There are very few songs I don't like but some of her songs I've loved more than others. Who's that girl is special to me , just brings a smile to my face takes me back to being a kid and being happy. I think it's a great especially the 'light up my life' part.

It's a song the masses need to hear.

I understand your point, but just because several fans have memories attached to it, it doesn't make it a "classic". There are so many caught up in stuff like that and assume that a song is "remembered" because they became a fan with that song etc.

I don't think the masses need to hear "WTG" in 2009 when in a way it can be considered as a rehash of "La Isla Bonita", and it certainly did not age well.

Now, it's yet another discussion what makes a song a "classic", personally I don't think it's fair that radio decides that and plays the hell out of a handful of songs yet the majority of the artists' discography is not exposed anymore, but I doubt Warners can do anything about that and they just have to go with the flow and push those songs that still have an audience.

I don't care if it's proper classic or not...I own all her songs but if this is teh closest we'll ever get 2 it being remastered..

Then I say put it on...don't matter what nerd statistics say...:fag: & even though it may not b classic it is still Classic M..

that's all that matters 2 me..

Guest bluejean
I don't care if it's proper classic or not...I own all her songs but if this is teh closest we'll ever get 2 it being remastered..

Then I say put it on...don't matter what nerd statistics say...:fag: & even though it may not b classic it is still Classic M..

that's all that matters 2 me..

We already have both Who's That Girl and True Blue remastered though

^Where is WTG remastered?

I don't mind the rumored tracklist overall, but three tracks from AL at the expense of "Live to Tell"? Ugh. And why would the designer use lyrics from sogns not on the compilation as part of his design?

Also- why not "Who's That Girl" and one Evita track, for representation? Also, "Dress You Up" should make the cut, especially given she performs it on tour.

If that is the tracklist (and I'd prefer it weren't, at least in the case of 4 or 5 songs), this is the breakdown:

Madonna: 4 tracks

Like a Virgin/LAV-era: 4 tracks

True Blue: 3 tracks

Like a Prayer: 3 tracks

I'm Breathless: 1 track

Erotica: 3 tracks

Bedtime Stories: 3 tracks

Ray of Light: 2 tracks

Music: 2 tracks

Amrican Life: 3 tracks

Confessions on a Dance Floor: 3 tracks

Hard Candy: 2 tracks

Guest bluejean

Who's That Girl (the song) remastered was on a Warner compilation. Sorry I don't know which one but it was posted on this board perhaps a year ago?

There is also the 7" Version of Like A Prayer. Not sure what else.

We already have both Who's That Girl and True Blue remastered though

When was it remastered? As far as I know only the first three albums were remastered...

41C4JDRN5YL._SS400_.jpg

51cz2QZqGmL._SS400_.jpg

51gHBVHteNL._SS400_.jpg

................................................................................

-7249-7.jpg

Who would own that compilation, though? I think people are talking about remastered songs on Madonna's own albums.

BTW- nfinn, at first glance, I thought that was Ingrid in that signature pic with Madge.

Who's That Girl (the song) remastered was on a Warner compilation. Sorry I don't know which one but it was posted on this board perhaps a year ago?

There is also the 7" Version of Like A Prayer and Gambler. Not sure what else.

I want to buy this compilation :)

Hey if they've already been remastered...... maybe they can be on the actual cd!

I do think this tracklist is definitely fake!

Having those lyrics on the cover but not on reminds me of a tv show called bullseye .... Look at what you could have won!

People from the uk will get this!!!!

Guest bluejean
Who would own that compilation, though? I think people are talking about remastered songs on Madonna's own albums.

BTW- nfinn, at first glance, I thought that was Ingrid in that signature pic with Madge.

Hardcore fans.

acko was talking about having it remastered at all, and I was letting him know it's been done and that it's available since it doesn't seem to be common knowledge.

Very true I wouldn't wanna buy a warner compilation just because Madonna's in it.

@holidayguy Come to think of it jesus does look a lot like ingrid in a more mascular /madonna like body LOL

But anyways goin back I really dont mind what they put in the compilation I mean i practically have all her catalogue so to speak so I just wish this one sells well.

I'm basically solved already with TIC as the definitive greatest hits for the Queen,,,,

................................................................................

-7249-7.jpg

CD1

01 - Vogue

02 - Express Yourself

03 - Into the Groove

04 - Papa Don’t Preach

05 - La Isla Bonita

06 - Everybody

07 - Lucky Star

08 - Holiday

09 - Like a Virgin

10 - Borderline

11 - Material Girl

12 - Crazy For You

13 - Open Your Heart

14 - Cherish

15 - Like a Prayer

16 - Justify My Love

17 - Deeper and Deeper

18 - Erotica

19 - Rain

CD2

01 - Celebration

02 - Music

03 - Get Together

04 - Frozen

05 - Hung Up

06 - Ray of Light

07 - Beautiful Stranger

08 - Don’t Tell Me

09 - Hollywood

10 - Human Nature

11 - Secret

12 - Take a Bow

13 - American Life

14 - Die Another Day

15 - Sorry

16 - 4 Minutes

17 - Give It 2 Me

18 - Revolver

Source : http://gabbybabble.celebuzz.com/2009/07/ma...track-list.html

Guest bluejean

Hmm, this tracklisting is popping up alot. I still find it hard to believe she'd exclude 'Live To Tell.' But maybe she's "punishing it for the cross controversy" :lol:

It's not surprising that they'd put Miles Away on. A lot of record companies do that when a single flops, probably to give it more exposure. The worry is that Miles Away will take the place of a bigger hit.

@holidayguy Come to think of it jesus does look a lot like ingrid in a more mascular /madonna like body LOL

Ingrid must be spitting blood over Jesus. I wonder if her room at the wedding was bigger than Chris' and Rupert's?

Miles Away, though a fave of mine, doesn't belong to any GH from MADONNA unless it's a compilation of 'M' songs from M...

But it's one of her greatest hits in japan. Sold 800000 I have read on here. If this collection is her biggest worldwide hits it should be there!

But it's one of her greatest hits in japan. Sold 800000 I have read on here. If this collection is her biggest worldwide hits it should be there!

if you put it that way, I DEMAND FOR AMERICAN PIE!

I think most fans are just over analyzing how they are going to choose the tracks. I'm sure Madonna and company aren't as detailed as fans are going to be here.

I get the opinion that the collection will focus on the songs that really made an impact on her career world-wise whether they made it to #1 or not. I don't think it's going to be specific to any region.

That said, I really don't think MILES AWAY belongs on the collection when there are far many other songs among her catalog that should be on there based on the impact the song had on the world.

By Avatar @ Tribe:

jesuscelebrate.jpg

wow so funny yet so crappy....

:thumbsdown:

this is no time for jokes, seriously

can we just get to august 3rd already???

Guest bluejean

So if a flop as big as Miles Away is included, maybe we'll finally get the extended album version of Hey You :lol: