A "Celebration" Of Madonna Music

Guest Borderline

Guest Pud Whacker
Ehm

There HAS TO be something from EVITA... no matter what you think about it.. that was indeed a big thing in her career.. the one time that she was actually taken seriously as an actress (Golden Globe hello!?) and she always wanted that.. so yes it's important

as for Milews Away, I hope it's not.. it was a flop the day it was announced to even be released as a single!

i say keep it in the movie world. :ass:

People get sooo bitchy about what's included/excluded as if there should be a compilation for every person (there IS one - it's called 'get off your lazy duff and make one yourself via itunes with a CD burner!')

Hmm well that's true, except some of her original single mixes haven't been released on CD - let alone in remastered sound. If a GH is done well enough, then you won't have to burn your own.

I love that Everybody is included (the single mix is very rare, of course), but that probably means the elusive original edit of Lucky Star won't be on it. :(

Seems like the remix we've all heard is going to be used for the video and not the version heard in the 20 second clip.

That or maybe it's being confused with the fact that a remix was used while filming the video with fans, so now the rumor is that the remix will be used for the video.

Either way, I don't care. This song is the "shit".

That or maybe it's being confused with the fact that a remix was used while filming the video with fans, so now the rumor is that the remix will be used for the video.

I hope this video is great. She's filming in some great locations

Guest Danny86

Well it's not like they are going to issue a press release about TIC being deleted because they want to sell Celebration, and that TIC sales were collapsing anyway...

very odd about whos that girl and causing a commotion. but oh well. also, i think if they were going to use dress you up, they should have used the live virgin tour version.

OH YEAH!!!

Pud, you are totally right! I mean, they have to. That live version starts and ends immaculately.

"Cause your pride and joy, oh yea!!!"

I think to be fair to poor old Witters and her MOR album cover, she needed it to look simple, wholesome and to hark back to her 80's fresh faced period. It's not a BAD cover; it does the job. Of course there's no way Madonna would or should ever release something so bland.

Has the artist who designed the cover image for 'Celebration' designed the whole cover or just the head image. Because in the rather amateurish chin cropping and oddly placed title I DO rather SENSE the contribution of that italian named MONG who ruined the Confessions cover and pretty much everything else since American Life.

totally agree with u on that

the artwork is amazing, love it

the text and the crop however is amateurish

printing it textless with just a sticker on it would be better IMO

totally agree with u on that

the artwork is amazing, love it

the text and the crop however is amateurish

printing it textless with just a sticker on it would be better IMO

Agree. The cover from top to bottom should be Mr. Brainwash's work, including the title. I think the "paper" background was added too

:lol:

well, ok, im sorry. not during the holy month!!!!

there are definitely things i like about it. :thumbsup:

well its too late now to start saying theres things you liked about it pud LOL after ripping DITA apart :dramatic:

i loved the sex erotica era..she shook up the world and that it what GREAT ART is about. :thumbsup:

"my pussy is the temple of learning" ;)

MADONNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

liz_rosenbergwbr_com_204657_madonna.jpg

Guest thehiltonsuite
I have a copy of the Marilyn Monroe painting which inspired the cover in my bedroom. So it's great that she used it for her GH!

So do I! It's an Orange Marilyn and I got it at Bed Bath & Beyond!

I'm a HUGE Andy Warhol fan. His relevance is so important and many people don't even know it! He also spoke highly of Madonna in his Diaries!

I really love this cover.. it's 100% perfect and I can't imagine how it could be any better. No new photoshoot could ever compare to this. It stands alone as a brilliant work of art with layers and dimensions

That Modino shoot from 1990 is the most classic and iconic pic of M from her entire career and it always has been ever since it was first a poster on a bedroom wall back in the day, nothing else has ever compared to it.

And to mash it up with her most iconic hairstyle ever is sheer genius.

It pays homage to the Sex Pistols punk, her roots in the 80's New York art scene and her idolization of Marylin Monroe.

I'm sorry did we forget anything?

Guest thehiltonsuite
well its too late now to start saying theres things you liked about it pud LOL after ripping DITA apart :dramatic:

i loved the sex erotica era..she shook up the world and that it what GREAT ART is about. :thumbsup:

"my pussy is the temple of learning" ;)

MADONNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

liz_rosenbergwbr_com_204657_madonna.jpg

The Sex/Erotica/Girile Show era is the highlight of her career if you ask me! It was perfection! All these people complaining KILL ME! Just be glad Madonna is still giving us GREAT material because nobody else sure as hell is! Just be glad she's still alive to be doing all this, because my idol passed away and I couldn't even imagine Madonna not being here. Just appreciate her and her work for what it is and stop being so critical. I find that Madonna fans are the MOST critical of their idol. It's true.

Not sure if already posted but the offical video will have a remix of the track not the album version!

Does anyone know what mix will be sent to radio???

And again you think madonnatribe is not right :lmao: