A "Celebration" Of Madonna Music

Guest Borderline

:lol:

well, i mean really. that long boring hair - its just so BORING. all her 90's albums covers were shyt.

:rotfl: I just adore the blue jacket, it's like the fucking OCEAN shat it out its ass. :inlove:

Celebrate is her best this decade! :thumbsup:

that whitney sleeve looks like a facebook pic where the person takes the photo themselves..the frozen face and akward arm/pose. glad m has her mole back though, i've missed it

I never even thought of the Sex Pistols thing but its got that look about it aswell...really cool and the picture is from 1990 isnt it? at least the face is.

Guest Pud Whacker
Even Erotica?

terrible. i hated it. the same as the sex book. i know everyone now complains about things being used from other projects, give it 2 me/elle , etc and most werent coherent then so they look back in retrospect and everything glistens in retrospect but back then it was like, is she kidding? the book and the album have the same cover? and all the pics inside, ugh, i was not a terribly impressed with that era.

that whitney sleeve looks like a facebook pic where the person takes the photo themselves. .the frozen face and akward arm/pose. glad m has her mole back though, i've missed it

:demonic:

terrible. i hated it. the same as the sex book. i know everyone now complains about things being used from other projects, give it 2 me/elle , etc and most werent coherent then so they look back in retrospect and everything glistens in retrospect but back then it was like, is she kidding? the book and the album have the same cover? and all the pics inside, ugh, i was not a terribly impressed with that era.

LIES! u dumb betch...It was way cool 2 c the whole image on the sex book cover & then what they did with it 4 the album...specially on cassette :chuckle:

Plus E..was the 1st studio album 2 have a proper set of pics...NOW SIT UR ASS DOWN!

Guest Pud Whacker
LIES! u dumb betch...It was way cool 2 c the whole image on the sex book cover & then what they did with it 4 the album...specially on cassette :chuckle:

Plus E..was the 1st studio album 2 have a proper set of pics...NOW SIT UR ASS DOWN!

it was contrived. she pandered. it was the next step and she gave in which is why it backfired in her face.

after the brilliance of justify of love, it was a major let down.

it was contrived. she pandered. it was the next step and she gave in which is why it backfired in her face.

She pandered to WHAT? What are you TALKING about? To pander would be to release another album of harmless pop tunes with her suggestive image. Instead she went BATSHIT CRAZY and went on a RAMPAGE. WTF?

Guest ursaminorjim
...I hope it's the one and only cover, I'm not a fan of multiple covers.

I know what you mean. Unless it's a situation like Sonic Youth's Experimental Jet Set, Trash and No Star album, which had, like, six different cardboard squares that you could choose your cover with. But even that was a little cumbersome.

I wonder if we're getting liner notes with this one, or just all artwork?

compared 2 E..JML was a overstylized Häagen Daz ice cream advert...

U wanna take it outside?

cut the crap.

Noooooooooo! Bite your tongue Pud.

Nick, its time ... give me your badge! :dramatic:

She pandered to WHAT? What are you TALKING about? To pander would be to release another album of harmless pop tunes with her suggestive image. Instead she went BATSHIT CRAZY and went on a RAMPAGE. WTF?

YAY!!! It's were she re-arranged herself completely by destroying her own 'celebrity'..The Phoenix from the flames.

Watching her burn was just :wow:

Guest Pud Whacker

with justify my love she saw what that created. where justify was really sexy and spoke to its crowd, erotica wasnt aimed for the S&M crowd, its like she thought, "oh this will get them". and people that were experimenting with that at that time found it listless and laughable.

she aimed that for middle america and to shock. everything she had been accused of, up to that point. which up until that point i really think she did things innately but with the whole erotica, sex, body...something was just off, FOR ME.

my expectations were higher.

with justify my love she saw what that created. where justify was really sexy and spoke to its crowd, erotica wasnt aimed for the S&M crowd, its like she thought, "oh this will get them". and people that were experimenting with that at that time found it listless and laughable.

she aimed that for middle america and to shock. everything she had been accused of, up to that point. which up until that point i really think she did things innately but with the whole erotica, sex, body...something was just off, FOR ME.

No, Fear of Aids just turned u in2 one of those 1950's monsters..just watch the interview in my thread.

EVERYBODY :inlove:

But why oh why are they bothering with a single-disc edition? :manson: Might as well just flush her catalogue down the TOILET, Warners. Stick to the damn 2-DISC!

No, I think this is good news! Not only will buyers have a choice between "expensive" or "cheaper" versions, the CD will sell almost twice as much since a lot of fans will buy both versions.

:)

Guest Pud Whacker
No, Fear of Aids just turned u in2 one of those 1950's monsters..just watch the interview in my thread.

not at all. i expected it aimed more at the audience. not to receive open mouths from its detractors.

also, the book is so poorly put together and ill conceived. i thought its accompanying promo was much sexier. or like the girlie talk interview with carrie fischer, the steven meisel brassai inspired photo shoot was far sexier and cooler. the stories were stupid and to be perfectly honest, other photoshoots she had up until then were far sexier.

sometimes with madonna, it seems shes juggling too many projects and some details get lost along the way.

just my humble opinion on that time period. not a great fan of it.

YAY!!! It's were she re-arranged herself completely by destroying her own 'celebrity'..The Phoenix from the flames.

Watching her burn was just :wow:

This. You describe it perfectly acko.

I've said it before but there's Madonna Before Sex and Madonna After Sex, it's the dividing line. I honestly think that without it she wouldn't necessarily be what she is today. She needed that backlash to ensure her longevity and legend, it's intrinsic to her story.

Very cynical way of looking at it. Yes I think she was aware that it would ruffle feathers and she would welcome the controversy but I think it was an integral part in her evolution as an artist and as a person. Up until that point she was golden. She felt invincible. And she decided to take on everyone. I really think she thought of herself as a warrior. The sin of pride I guess. And yes she did bite off more than she could chew and it did blow up in her face. But it man was it worth it.

not at all. i expected it aimed more at the audience. not to receive open mouths from its detractors.

also, the book is so poorly put together and ill conceived. i thought its accompanying promo was much sexier. or like the girlie talk interview with carrie fischer, the steven meisel brassai inspired photo shoot was far sexier and cooler. the stories were stupid and to be perfectly honest, other photoshoots she had up until then were far sexier.

sometimes with madonna, it seems shes juggling too many projects and some details get lost along the way.

Poorly put together? It's an ARTIFACT. And I think the stories are SUPPOSED to be simplistic. It was (pardon my french) IRONIC. And I absolutely think the photography is the pinnacle of her work with Meisel. I love that book so much.

1167755539m69BUX.jpg

I don't MIND the Sex book and you're right, it's essential to her story and she needed the outcry during that time period, especially for things to come like Human Nature. But the book itself is not sexy, she tried too hard to be sexy and outlandish and "omg, hate me. Hate me" - she was begging for it. She got it. It's what you DON'T see that's sexy, which is why I love shoots like Helmut Newton in 1990. Eh.

Of course I NEVER say that because I become a lamb to the slaughter. :lol:

Im so glad they used part of the photo i got free as a window sticker with SMASH HITS in 1991, that si STILL on my old bedroom mirror at my mums !

YAY

Guest Pud Whacker
Very cynical way of looking at it. Yes I think she was aware that it would ruffle feathers and she would welcome the controversy but I think it was an integral part in her evolution as an artist and as a person. Up until that point she was golden. She felt invincible. And she decided to take on everyone. I really think she thought of herself as a warrior. The sin of pride I guess. And yes she did bite off more than she could chew and it did blow up in her face. But it man was it worth it.

yes, yes and yes.

she aimed it to ruffle feathers. it was an integral part of her artistic evolution - i would not remove it, at all. she did feel invincible.

i like more in retrospect than i did at the time.

again, i just thought she really could have done something ASTOUNDING. and up until that point, it all was. it fell flat, for me (and many others).

in fact, if it was as brilliant as like a prayer, express yourself or justify my love...nobody could have said anything about it. well, they could have but if it was brilliant like the aforementioned, she wouldnt have been so sucker punched. she couldnt really stand by it because it wasnt all that great or groundbreaking.

remove the fact that she was the biggest star in the world with her face is some guys asshole and all you have is a boring unsexy book.

again, i really wished she had aimed it for the audience. to turn on the audience. i would like to have seen more characters. more sexy situations.

i always thought she should ahve called the book, MY BEAUTIFUL PERFECT BODY. because basically thats what she was showcasing.