CELEBRATION

True Blue is a forgetten gem and the VERY reason its a 2 disc set it shoud be included.

A-men! "True Blue" should be included. They can leave off "Holiday" or even "Crazy For You" because those are already availalbe on at least two other compilations.

Let me say "Everybody" should be included. It's a must!

:)

Holiday and CFY unlikely would be left off a career-spanning collection.

TB gets more recurrent U.S. airplay than some other hits, but if it's not on, no surprise. It's either that one or "Cherish" that probably would make the cut.

Guest Danny86
So I guess disc 1 is gonna be (almost) the same as the Immaculate Collection?

Maybe not. Still several possibilities:

- the Whitney Houston/George Michael way, 1 CD ballads, 1 CD dance tracks

- 2 CDs filled with hits in random order, inspired by GHV2

- since we know she prefers her work from Evita onwards, maybe 1 CD devoted to 1983-1997 and 1 CD to 1998-2009. This would make sense, if we remember the 'Hits' artwork had all the ROL & COADF singles listed...

True Blue is actually more recognizable to the masses than Open Your Heart... it needs to be in there...

Nope, the simple fact that "True Blue" is NOT on TIC makes it less recognizable for the masses than any of the other TB singles. Same for "Dress You Up", TIC is clearly responsible for making some of her 80s hits "less remembered".

Guest Danny86

From the forgotten TIC era singles, I think only "Everybody", "Burning Up", "Dress You Up" & "Hanky Panky" have a chance to be included, because Madonna performed them live in the past 5 years. She never ever revisited the Who's That Girl era, if the title track gets included, it will be because of Twitter requests to Guy Oseary.

Guest Danny86

Apparently TIC & GHV2 are now DELETED from iTunes! :shock: Except US iTunes that is, but in UK, France, Spain, Belgium, Canada etc you can't find a trace of it, no "Justify My Love" & "Beautiful Stranger" either.

I wonder if it means the tracklist is going to be very similar to both albums, or they just want one Madonna GH to get the attention...

Guest Danny86
that is a good idea on their part .. as soon as the cd is released they should remove TIC from US itunes too.. it already sold WAY beyond expectation .. so to sell new cd they should force buyers to the new project

Still, it's going to be weird to think that one of the biggest selling albums in the UK might be discontinued... And TIC will always remain the best selling female compilation album of the world.

I guess they just want to make sure Madonna is not like MJ/ABBA/Cher/Tina/Donna/etc and only has one definitive hits collection available.

True Blue was an epic hit in terms of Madonna's career...remember MTV's 'Make My Video' competition? I know it's cheesey but I love this song despite it being ignored even by M herself throughout her career. The album was excellent! The people making decisions about this greatest hits album are coming across like complete morons. A focus groups of say 10 or 20 ardent Madonna fans would do a much better job.

In the USA, TB wasn't an epic hit- three weeks at No. 3 isn't that shabby, though. The "Make My Video" contest was done because M made a rather uneventful video.

QB- was the European single mix the Color Mix? That's a good one (and the one she performed on WTG tour). The oiginal is cute, but I'd probably choose the Color Mix over it (it's not THAT far off, it just adds some nice touches).

Guest Danny86

"True Blue" was not an epic hit and I'm sure "PDP" and "LIB" overshadowed it right away. It sold that much in the UK because it was riding a successful wave.

I also don't see why the GH would be better or would sell more if "TB" was included, I thought it was one of her worst singles.

Personally I don't think WB will kill TIC / STR / GHV2 therefore there will be some songs found on her previous GH be left out in the forthcoming GH e.g.

TIC

Borderline

LTT

Cherish

JML

RM

STR

All songs except CFY & TAB

GHV2

Deeper And Deeper

Don't Cry For Me Argentina

The Power Of Good-Bye

Don't Tell Me

Who cares about the US? The US certainly doesn't care about M judging by her chart performance there. True Blue was an epic hit for Madonna in the UK and across Europe partly because it hit the number one spot and partly because it was the signature track from the True Blue album (monumental for her in itself spawning 3 number one's with PDP, TB, and LIB). Not to mention the iconic album cover and photoshoots. I think it's her biggest international selling studio album if I'm not mistaken. The video was cheap but then which artist didn't have a cheap or tacky video in the 80's? It lost a lot of notoriety due to Madonna's dislike of it's associations with Sean Penn whom she wrote it about hence it gets forgotten about on tours etc. It should be on the next Greatest Hits but I guess we have to accept some pea brain will cast the deciding vote.

Guest Danny86

"TB" is the least representative of the sound and the maturity of the album. So just because a song reaches #1, it's considered as "epic hit" now? And not sure what the albumcover or the total sales of TB have to do with the title track being included or not.

Also, it's MADONNA who casts the deciding vote, she ignored it for TIC, for any request section on the tour last year and for this GH as well.

The video was cheap and Madonna had a LOT of non-cheap videos back then, again, not a good representation of her work back then. The videos of "PDP" and "OYH" are so much better, it's not even funny.

QB- was the European single mix the Color Mix? That's a good one (and the one she performed on WTG tour). The oiginal is cute, but I'd probably choose the Color Mix over it (it's not THAT far off, it just adds some nice touches).

Yes, edited for the 7" with the 'Nobody's paying any attention to me' line in the outro.

Who cares about the US? The US certainly doesn't care about M judging by her chart performance there. True Blue was an epic hit for Madonna in the UK and across Europe partly because it hit the number one spot and partly because it was the signature track from the True Blue album (monumental for her in itself spawning 3 number one's with PDP, TB, and LIB). Not to mention the iconic album cover and photoshoots. I think it's her biggest international selling studio album if I'm not mistaken. The video was cheap but then which artist didn't have a cheap or tacky video in the 80's? It lost a lot of notoriety due to Madonna's dislike of it's associations with Sean Penn whom she wrote it about hence it gets forgotten about on tours etc. It should be on the next Greatest Hits but I guess we have to accept some pea brain will cast the deciding vote.

Yeah right. More top10 hits than Elvis, more than the Beatles, more than everyone. The US doesn't care at all judging by her chart performance.

Yeah right. More top10 hits than Elvis, more than the Beatles, more than everyone. The US doesn't care at all judging by her chart performance.

RIGHT! You would think Madonna has barely cracked the market the way this person is talking. Why should she care about the US?? Well...ummm...it's her HOME and it's the BIGGEST MUSIC MARKET IN THE WORLD. She would be a fool to NOT worry about the US at all.

Anyways, the only reason I want True Blue on the GH is because it is one of the top 5 songs that is in her record breaking string of 16 top fives in a row in the US from 1984-1989. I think all of those top fives should be included on the GH.

Guest stevejb4u

True Blue was a Number One hit in Uk and sold nearly 500.000 copies, so should be included it was not on TIC so should be on this time around. I guess when ya had so many hits its hard to decided but TB was a No1 so should be included.

if not its a :thumbsdown: from me but i will still buy it

Edited by stevejb4u

the funny thing is that Guy O asked on twitter what song needs to be on the record .... that shows you that he probably doesn't even know Madonna's catalogue! ahahahhaah

i don't think anyone will be truly happy with the tracklisting. there's just too many singles. i want 'this used to be my playground' 'secret' 'rain' and 'get together' but i don't think i'll get them

the funny thing is that Guy O asked on twitter what song needs to be on the record .... that shows you that he probably doesn't even know Madonna's catalogue! ahahahhaah

I think that anything he does is a token gesture for the fans and I don't think the majority of what we say has any reflection on the final result. Madonna releases what she wants to release. I'm sure if there was an astonishing amount of votes for American Life, she would go for it but if it were something like True Blue, I think she would just decide her own way.

I'm not sure where I stand on True Blue. Ultimately, I've got every bloody version of every single anyway so I am more interested on whether anything is being remixed and the new songs.