New Single "Celebration" to hit Radio Soon

Guest ursaminorjim

Guest Neil Sean

I can EXCLUSIVELY reveal that the name of the single was changed at the last minute because Madonna did not feel it appropriate to release a song called Celebrate after such a tragic accident in Paris last week, when people were killed and seriously injured at her concert. In fact Madonna herself tole me that she wanted to scrap the release altogether and replace it with a re-release of her 1992 smash, This Used To Be My Fairground. After much persuasion from record company execs, she agreed that this was not a good idea and relented on the proviso that the track be renamed. This is also the reason for the delayed release date - they'd already begun to press the original CDs so look out for some very rare items surfacing on auction sites soon.

UNTIL NEXT TIME :smile:

I can EXCLUSIVELY reveal that the name of the single was changed at the last minute because Madonna did not feel it appropriate to release a song called Celebrate after such a tragic accident in Paris last week, when people were killed and seriously injured at her concert. In fact Madonna herself tole me that she wanted to scrap the release altogether and replace it with a re-release of her 1992 smash, This Used To Be My Fairground. After much persuasion from record company execs, she agreed that this was not a good idea and relented on the proviso that the track be renamed. This is also the reason for the delayed release date - they'd already begun to press the original CDs so look out for some very rare items surfacing on auction sites soon.

:abuse:

14th Sept is a long way a way. I don't like it when they release a song to radio too soon because people are bored of it or have illegally downloaded it before it is even out.

Stereomover from Fanzine:

The working title was "Celebrate"; it was changed to evoke the album of the same name.

Madonna's team still refers to it as "Celebrate".

The official radio release date is August 3rd.

Some markets could see it earlier.

Don't expect a leak before then.

The Dub does not do the album mix justice.

Remixes have been commisioned, though none have been handed in so far.

Guest harbors
:abuse:

14th Sept is a long way a way. I don't like it when they release a song to radio too soon because people are bored of it or have illegally downloaded it before it is even out.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

It's true:

The store release date in the UK for Madonna's new single is set for Monday 14 September - and despite the rumours that you have read elsewhere that the single is called Celebrate we at madonnalicious can now reveal that the single is actually called Celebration.

That means the album will be September 21 or 28. Not the same week as Mariah after all. :dramatic:

This is probably to tie in with promo in the UK. The tour will have finished and her *rumoured* appearance on The X Factor may actually be true

since the auditions will be over then and they will be down to the 12 finalists where they usually have a big guest on each week.

The promo for Celebrate will probably be similar to HU. No doubt Warners know they have a big hit on their hands.

i love this time, when a new project kicks in and we get release dates and the info starts to pour in. i remember the promo for coadf. it was flawless and a really exciting time to be a fan.

i love this time, when a new project kicks in and we get release dates and the info starts to pour in. i remember the promo for coadf. it was flawless and a really exciting time to be a fan.

exactly :thumbsup:

Stereomover from Fanzine:

The working title was "Celebrate"; it was changed to evoke the album of the same name.

Madonna's team still refers to it as "Celebrate".

The official radio release date is August 3rd.

Some markets could see it earlier.

Don't expect a leak before then.

The Dub does not do the album mix justice.

Remixes have been commisioned, though none have been handed in so far.

Bullshit. THEY at Madonnalicious say those are rumours. How I love that Clare shows off how she runs the site single handed, then talks PLURAL about hers... ehm, I mean themselves.

LOVE YOU :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

btw, here's a 320 KPB HQ Version of the Oakenfold Dub

Celebration _Oakenfold Dub_.mp3 - 14.96MB

thanks very much for this by the way! Do you actually have the promo?

Denmark often seems to get the lead on her songs. They had a promo for Music Inferno too.

A new song, new video, new remixes!

*pop*

Guest bulgar

a very low quality recording from the video casting leaked!!!

"We managed to sneak behind enemy lines... and catch a first listen of 'Celebration'. Of course, we thought of you guys and decided to record it for all to hear."

http://sharebee.com/fea9be59

Guest Pud Whacker

a very low quality recording from the video casting leaked!!!

"We managed to sneak behind enemy lines... and catch a first listen of 'Celebration'. Of course, we thought of you guys and decided to record it for all to hear."

http://sharebee.com/fea9be59

:cheer:

:rotfl:

celebrate reminds me of get together a bit. is that wrong to say?

Yep. See my thread about hearing the song, but until I just read this, I didn't even think of "Get Together" when I heard it in HQ. In fact, I can't even compare it to any ONE song of hers. All I can think of...it's like a combination of many of her songs but quite different. But the more I think about it, the "thumping beats" as I described, does take me back to her song "Sorry". But again, it doesn't sound like that song either.

i love the song, even if im hearing a low quality recording

its amazing, i dig it

it reminds me soooooooooo much of her early days, in NY, the art scene, her sweat, her dancing her ass off and partying it up at the clubs

Dance remix to be used on Celebration music video

MadonnaTribe has heard more news about the new Celebration music video clip shot in Milan last week.

The song is being edited using a dance remix by Benny Benassi and not the poppy album version produced by Paul Oakenfold. Stay Tuned!