I've heard a lot of Madonna fans say they're over her

Guest Madlover033003

Guest Madlover033003

Where do you stand? Is her latest behavior too forced and contrived? Is her music a little thoughtless and generic?

Personally, her work (besides her tours) seems half assed to me. Her songs are completely produced and written as demos and shes just recording them, there is no promo, barely any videos are filmed and those that are are just blah and forgettable.

What do you think?

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

You always do this :lol:

People get up in arms about something and you post some over blown topic about how AWFUL things are and expect people to come in and bicker and fight over it.

No, Troublelovah.

Guest Madlover033003

lol no thats not it. but i feel like really, this time shes just not interesting anymore and she doesnt care.

My only complaint is that she didn't milk HC for all it was worth. I still think CS and 4M should've been released around the same time, BGO as the second single, DWRY as the third single, GI2M fourth and MA fifth. Also, aside from 4M, the other single releases got poor treatment. HC had so many potential singles it's a shame that it didn't get better treatment. She hasn't had an album as radio friendly as this one in eons and I'm sure it will be eons before there is another one with that many potential hit songs.

Guest Pud Whacker
Where do you stand? Is her latest behavior too forced and contrived? Is her music a little thoughtless and generic?

Personally, her work (besides her tours) seems half assed to me. Her songs are completely produced and written as demos and shes just recording them, there is no promo, barely any videos are filmed and those that are are just blah and forgettable.

What do you think?

i feel about this drivel what i feel about everything in life. if one doesnt like anything, please get off the lords bus - YOU AINT GOT CORRECT CHANGE!!!!

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY BON QUI QUI!!!!

What do you think?

Actually, I heard Madonna is so over fans like you.

Guest harbors

What do you think?

agreed.

Guest Pud Whacker
No Madonna is probably over fans like you, who can't handle opinions.

shes over this dingos haircut, that i can assure...

mccannlindyMS1509_468x377.jpg

:rotfl:

I don't know how a true fan could say such a thing? :manson: I'll never be over such a creative artist like Madonna with something to always say!!

I don't think this is a bad thread and it would be nice to see what we all think regarding the topic. I don't know about you all but I am the type that doesn't wear it on his sleeve that I love Madonna. I can see why she is cool to some and uncool to others. I get my Madonna high when I am attending her show that's when I would scream like a maniac that I love her.

I've noticed that Madonna fans tend to be highly opinionated and therefore divided into what they like and not. Like some adore MA and me personally doesn't care for it.

In a way she can't please everybody 100 percent all the time, just like a politician.

By default her past releases have lacked something. ROL was the last album that she (or WB) gave it much attention to it's potential. The first slap on the face was with Music when she really only had 3 singles out of it. Even when she reached some kind of low during BTS we had 4 great singles with great videos and all. I felt like she needed to release a 4th single to say the least, II or P(NFM) were both decent enough. But at the same time she shifted into shooting videography to go with her tours, in that case she did P(NFM). And since Music it never felt complete to everybody, each project lacked something. Maybe it's the relationship between WB and Madonna and she finally reached that point (like in a relationship) where you don't really care much anymore.

With the new deal with LN, we will see a change, I dunno if it would be 100% good or bad or mixed but I doubt things would be the same as it was with WB.

I am not over her. I will always find something to appreciate with each new project (at least I certainly hope so) and I think maybe we should all give up the idea of everything being perfect all the time and accept that by now there will always be missed opportunities.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy
I don't think this is a bad thread and it would be nice to see what we all think regarding the topic. I don't know about you all but I am the type that doesn't wear it on his sleeve that I love Madonna. I can see why she is cool to some and uncool to others. I get my Madonna high when I am attending her show that's when I would scream like a maniac that I love her.

I've noticed that Madonna fans tend to be highly opinionated and therefore divided into what they like and not. Like some adore MA and me personally doesn't care for it.

In a way she can't please everybody 100 percent all the time, just like a politician.

By default her past releases have lacked something. ROL was the last album that she (or WB) gave it much attention to it's potential. The first slap on the face was with Music when she really only had 3 singles out of it. Even when she reached some kind of low during BTS we had 4 great singles with great videos and all. I felt like she needed to release a 4th single to say the least, II or P(NFM) were both decent enough. But at the same time she shifted into shooting videography to go with her tours, in that case she did P(NFM). And since Music it never felt complete to everybody, each project lacked something. Maybe it's the relationship between WB and Madonna and she finally reached that point (like in a relationship) where you don't really care much anymore.

With the new deal with LN, we will see a change, I dunno if it would be 100% good or bad or mixed but I doubt things would be the same as it was with WB.

I am not over her. I will always find something to appreciate with each new project (at least I certainly hope so) and I think maybe we should all give up the idea of everything being perfect all the time and accept that by now there will always be missed opportunities.

thumb-OprahWinfrey.jpg

What a load of crud!! Madonna is a touring act now. That's where her bread and butter is. Albums, singles and videos are only going to be mostly appreciate by fans. If she was "so over", then the woman wouldn't bother putting on extravagant shows as she has.

When will some of you learn? You don't keep milking albums by releasing singles or putting out videos if the demand isn't there. By that I mean... if radio and video stations aren't going to play her stuff.

Some of you are going to get further and further disappointed by setting yourselves up when Madonna is merely going to concentrate mainly on stage shows more and more!!

Guest Pud Whacker

i love your post yentl!!!

1. what is MA? Like some adore MA and me personally doesn't care for it.

2. with Music when she really only had 3 singles out of it. - music wasnt warners fault. you cant compare the WANTING TO KNOW MORE about a new artist to someone whos been in it for 18 years at that point. that she had TWO massive singles was enough.

3. But at the same time she shifted into shooting videography to go with her tours - yes. 100%

4. And since Music it never felt complete to everybody - the evolution of a true artist. when people praised picassos blue and rose period they damned his weeping women. evolution of self.

5. Maybe it's the relationship between WB and Madonna and she finally reached that point (like in a relationship) where you don't really care much anymore. possible and possibly 100% dead on. when the fight is over? she had children and a relationship (what i think she constatnly searching for - evidenced by "im going to tell you a secret" where shes going on and on about what a relationsip should be) - mother?

6. With the new deal with LN, we will see a change, I dunno if it would be 100% good or bad or mixed but I doubt things would be the same as it was with WB. could be. but dont count on it. 25+ years in a carrer you tried to detach from...

---

a public figure is a public figure. we know nothing. shes the queen of giving what she wants you to know at that given time.

so really, we all love madonna for what we love her for and what she represents to us for that given time in our lives. BUT ITS ALL IN OUR HEAD.

that shes maintained (and created what she wanted - wherever her funky headspace is) what NOBODY ELSE HAS in the history of media is worth a bow of the head.

know that youre in the living in presence of the (greatest?) artist.

let it will be.

Guest Pud Whacker
I didn't realise it was a dingo in my signature

a ding(o)le stole my baby!!!!

shes lindy chamberlain's long lost sister.

Madonna has low points and high points. During the low points I've never said "I'm over her" because there aren't other female pop entertainers that come close to being as good as Madonna. There are other female artists that I'm a big fan of that have different styles (Emmylou Harris, Shakira, Dolly Parton, Mercedes Sosa, Stevie Nicks), but when it comes to a "female pop star," the replacements would be Christina Aguilera or Britney Spears. They are the ones really trying to go down Madonna's route. Sure, I enjoy them, but none of them are even close to as good at Madonna. To sum it up, I've never said "I'm over her," because even at her worst, Madonna is still better than the other female pop stars.